- Motivated Product Engineer with 7 years of progressive experience in Automotive interior/seating design and development. Consistently achieved timely product lauches and development phases through process improvement planning, Program cordination and management skills.
- Proficient in CATIA v5 R18/R19/R20 with working knowledge of part designing, surface modeling, product designing, 2d drafting and assembly.
- Expert in Multi - Model Linking and CATIA V5 Parametric Design.
- Worked extensively in Teamcenter
- Experienced in Foam Product Design & Development.
- Worked on Class A-surfaces Such as STO Design for Automotive seats.
- Knowledge in Basic UNIGRAPHICS NX7.5
- Excellent understanding of PLUS, JIT ASSEMBLY LINE.
- Knowledge in GD & T, Tolerance Stack, DFM & DFA, A3(Problem Solving Tool)
- Experience in using ECE, FMVSS Regulation.
- Extensive experience in packaging of products & creating 3D models, Assembly, Surface modeling, drafting and Kinematics.
- Goal oriented with Strong work ethics
- Involved in providing optimum design at minimum cost to be competitive in the market.
- Good Experience of Design of Metal Brackets & Plastics covers in Catia V5.
- Responsibilities involve managing multiple resources independently, effective client communication and co-ordination.
- Working as a Team leader which involves co-ordination with client and offshore team and team building.
- On the job understanding about Design for Manufacturing Analysis, delivered outstanding results in product design and development during Cost Reduction and reverse engineering project
VO Cockpit Engineering
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Coordinated in generating ideas for Interior Cockpit
- Saved millions of dollars in cost savings for Interior Cockpit
- Generate Technical Ideas through workshops / Read-across BOM, Cost etc.
- Evaluate / Quantify technical feas of the idea, buy-off from Brand / PDO/ Veh Sciences / Engg Revisit DFMEA / DVP&R to quantify investment / Testing req.
- Hand in glove with Cost estimator / Buyer to prepare solid business case Plan implementation as MY or V2 change
- Design & develop seating system, design verification and coordination with the development team in NA, Germany and Woodbridge, USA.
- Successfully developed ROLLS Royce 5 starting from design concept to culmination of final CAD design to be used in the upcoming Ford Mustang 3.0 (Normal and Sports Variant).
- Direct customer interaction to review engineering feasibility, manufacturing feasibility, packaging study & designing respective parts in Catia V5 /UG NX.
- Detailing with the use of GD&T, proper symbols and notes.
- Preparation of BOM in assembly drawings and in Excel Sheet for purchase department.
- Preparation of check lists to reduce checking time and errors.
- Uploading the data to PLM like TEAM CENTRE and VPM.
- Vendor identification for the development of prototype.
- Regular Audit at vendor site and to make progress report of the product/process.
- Inspection report making of samples and final products.
- Evaluation to meet regulatory & customer requirement and stringent work deliveries.
- Conducting online meetings directly with customers and coordinating and reviewing designs and drawings to come up with alternative solutions and executing them.
- Design and development of various different seat components like Velcro’s, wires, airbag assembly cut-outs, comfort sense, 2d drawings, checking and troubleshoot analysis.
- Also worked on several STO Design proposals & Concept creations.
- Supporting Foam design for various programs considering JCI guidelines and OEM standards. Packaging, Assembly and Manufacturing feasibility studies.
- Foam & Sub - Component drawing.
- Create and maintain Open Issues List (OIL), task tracking sheet and Data management using VPM, TEAMCENTER.
- Successfully designed and developed seat foam, armrests, headrests and EPP for various different clients across the globe.
- Design and develop seat components for independent supplier of automotive polyurethanes products with 64 locations in 20 countries including USA, Japan, Europe, India, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, England, Korea, Canada, Spain and Thailand.
- Provided seating solutions for leader in automotive urethane technologies and a specialist in just-in-time assembly and sequencing systems.
- Designed and developed headliners, finished seat assemblies & cushioning, door panels, floor mats, interior plastic trims, drive train components, exhaust systems, steering components, hood liners, sun visors, seat trim cover foam, and head restraints using Catia V5.
- 3D modelling, assembly and creation of 2D drawings.
- Converting 2D drawings to 3D Models.
- Creating parametric models in CATIA V5 files using provided STEP file.