- Network Engineer with 7 years of experience in network design, implementation, support, analysis and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN environment.
- Expertise in configuring VLANs, multi - layer switches and supporting STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST along with trouble-shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q
- Proficient in configuration & troubleshooting of different routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, HSRP, VRRP.
- Experience in Layer 2 Routing protocol configurations: FRAME RELAY,IP services such as QoS and VPN technologies: IPSec & GRE.
- Designing, Implementing & Managing LAN for different client setups. In-depth knowledge and experience in WAN technologies including T1, T3, HDLC, Point to Point, ATM & Frame Relay.
- Access Control Server configuration for RADIUS & TACACS+.
- Experience in Physical cabling, IP addressing & subnetting with VLSM, configuring and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies.
- Implemented MPLS/VPN services for various customers.
- Experience in set up, configuration and management of Cisco ASA Firewall in various domain such as Internet, DMZ, Business-Partner and Remote-Access VPN etc.
- Experience in configuring and Troubleshooting BIG-IP F5 load balancer LTM.
- Creating Virtual Servers, Nodes, Pools and iRules on BIG-IP F5 in LTM module.
- Good experience working with the Trouble Tickets on F5 Load balancers on LTM module.
- Performed network analysis and troubleshooting experience using various tools like Wireshark, Nmap, and Sniffer.
- Perform network documentation and develop network design documentation and presentations using MS Visio and other MS Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with clients.
- Prepared test beds for POC and document POC as per the requirements.
- Proven skills for planning, analyzing, sizing, and optimizing capacity to satisfy demand in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost.
Switches: Cisco switches 2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 6500 series & Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K series
Switching: DOT1Q, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, DTP, ISL, Port Channel, VPC
Routers: Cisco routers 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 3900, 7200 & 7600 and Juniper J series
Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP, HSRP, IGRP, VRRP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC, T1/T3
Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5500 series, Sonic Wall, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, FWSMs, Cisco PIX
Network Management Tools: Nmap, Wireshark, SolarWinds
Confidential, Santa Clara, California
- Experience in configuring routing protocols like EIGRP, RIP v2, OSPF & BGP and Cisco ACS protocols like RADIUS and TACACS.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Worked with configuring BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as community, MED, Cluster List, AS-PATH, metric, origin and local P.
- Performed route redistribution & manipulated route updates using distribute lists, route-maps & administrative distance.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Experience in working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management.
- Experience with design and deployment of MPLS L3 VPN with ASR 9000 series switches & GSR 12016 Series routers with Cisco IOS-XR.
- Experience working with design and deployment of MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud, involving VRF, Route Distinguisher (RD), Route Target (RT), Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) & MP-BGP.
- Strong hands on experience on PIX Firewalls, ASA (5540/5550) Firewalls. Implemented Security Policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS).
- Upgrades and backups of Cisco routers and switches configuration files to a TFTP server.
- Configuration of NAT.
- Administration of ASA firewalls in the DMZ and FWSM to provide security & controlled/restricted access.
- Provided Load Balancing towards access layer from core layer using F5 Network Load Balancers.
- Configured BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and also monitored the Packet Flow in the Load balancers.
- Reviewing, analyzing and executing all changes in the network. All Configurations of Cisco Routers and Switches. Participated in a rotating 24x7 support schedule for the Network operation Center.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets, equipment RMAs, and support requests.
- Dealt with implementation of deployment related to Cisco devices and applying security policies on it.
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking.
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- My responsibilities also include writing and executing Test Plan, Desk level procedures and Test Case Documents for smooth network operations.
Cisco Routers: 1900, 2600, 2900, 3600,7200 Cisco Switches: 2960,3560,4500,6500,3750 Juniper Routers: J2320, J2350, J4350 Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5500, Checkpoint
- Responsible for maintaining the entire switching domain across the campus of Head Office and also the Layer-2 campus network across the remote branches which included configuring VLANs and Trunks, Spanning Tree protocol, Port-Security, VLAN-MAPs and DOT1X for switches and Wireless.
- Configured, deployed and maintained AP for local offices.
- Performed Layer 2 troubleshooting on different switches for local incidents of VLANs, VLAN trunking and HSRP Failures.
- Configured and managed Cisco access layer routers and switches.
- Worked with data center technicians in identification of EOL devices and plan complex maintenance windows to decommission obsolete devices.
- Worked with L3 engineers in critical incidents, work on escalating incidents to L3 engineers.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
- Implemented port aggregation & link negotiation using LACP and PAGP.
- Worked with Network Architects and Design Engineers to develop plans for Network Upgrade to maintain compliance and support modern infrastructure.
- Perform Network Upgrades including IOS upgrades and replacement of network devices to accommodate the additional requirements.
- Performed Troubleshooting and monitored routing protocols such RIP, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP.
- Implemented TCP/IP and related services like DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Configured and troubleshooting of HSRP on Cisco routers.
- Enabled different functions like Port Fast, BPDU Guard and Root Guard on different switches as per the requirements.
- Monitoring network to ensure network availability to all system users and performing necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Configuration of Standard and Extended Access List (ACL) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Working with customers Site-to-Site and Remote Site VPNs using Cisco routers to Cisco routers, ASA Firewall to ASA Firewall, Cisco Router to ASA Firewall and troubleshoot and modify existingVPN.
- Configured and managed Networking and Network Security by performing system administration /analysis that includes installing/configuring proxies, DNS, IP addressing scheme & IP subnetting with VLSM, configuring VLANs & Trunks.
- Responsible for procurement and installation of Hardware, network drives and other IT infrastructure. Documented the design, implementation and troubleshooting procedures with Method of Procedure (MOPS).
- Manage operational monitoring of equipment capacity/utilization and evaluate the need for upgrades; develop methods for gathering data needed to monitor hardware, software, and communications network performance.
Cisco Routers: 1800, 2500, 2600, 3640, 7200 series Cisco Switches: 1900, 2924, 2950, 3560, 4500, 6500
- Performed network troubleshooting, technical support, and recording of backup operations.
- Worked on network-based IT systems such as racking, stacking, and cabling.
- Network cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting network drops onsite.
- Performed scheduled Virus Checks & Updates on all Servers & Desktops, workstations.
- Updated the anti-virus, spam blockers, and other security software.
- Implemented strategies for operating systems, virus protection, mail systems and Internet services.
- Resolved all computer related problems, monitored and maintained system functionality and reliability by identifying ways to prevent system failures.
- Managing tickets and directing changes accordingly and prioritizing any changes if necessary.
- Performed replacements of failed hardware and upgraded software.
- Configured different switches such as Sixnet SLX-5 MS, SLX- 8MG, Allied Telesis AT-IF802SP, AT x x series.
- Ensure proper cabling is done throughout the area defined with proper cable terminations.
- Configured different restrictions on the network switches to provide security.
Switches: Sixnet SLX - 5 MS, SLX- 8MG, Allied Telesis AT-IF802SP, AT x x series Cables: Cat 5, Cat 6, OFC