- Over 6 years of professional experience in Linux systems, Configuration management, release management, and Cloud AWS deployments.
- Experienced in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Experienced in using and configuring AWS services such as EC2, EBS, RDS, Cloudwatch, Auto-scaling, IAM, Route 53, and S3
- Setting up databases in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant.
- Good experience in using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Experienced with the understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Experience with network systems such as Servers, Switches, Firewalls and Routers.
- Managed Data backup and archiving on AWS using S3 and Glacier.
- Created IAM roles so that AWS resource can securely interact with other AWS resources without using Access key and Secret keys.
- Integrated AWS Codecommit with Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment, this automates the deployment of new revisions of applications i.e., whenever there is a code change, Jenkins used to build the WAR file and deploy to the Application Server (AWS EC2 instance).
- Created cloud formation templates (CFT) to launch the stacks.
- Good Knowledge and experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Strong skills in managing Red Hat Linux servers, Virtualization, and system security.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments
- Strong Leadership, Worked Independently without Supervision deadlines.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Debian, Centos, Windows
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack, Docker
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, ORACLE, MongoDB
Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Wireshark, Packet tracer
Automation and Build Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Oracle Virtual box
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Github, Bitbucket
Scripting: Bash shell scripting, Python, json, Yaml
Basic Programming: C, Html, CSS, Java
- Migrated MySQL database to RDS.
- Migrated media (images and videos) to s3 and used CloudFront to distribute content with low latency and at high data transfer rates
- Used ELB and Autoscaling for load balancing and scaling EC2 instances up/down based on Network Traffic.
- Migrated the website domain to Route 53
- Create, maintain, and grow cloud infrastructure to ensure maximum productivity for customers.
- Provided operational support, and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company values and goals.
- Provided guidance on AWS operations and deployment, and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch/New Relic/Splunk.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Configuration management tools like Chef.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef- server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
AWS Devops Engineer
- Perform builds for all products for supported platforms (OSX, Linux, Windows, Android)
- Implemented and supported creating EC2 instances, S3 storage, Auto Scaling of instances and CloudWatch Monitoring based on requirements.
- Created cloud formation templates to launch stacks.
- Coordinate release cycles and maintain active branches.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Enhance and maintain a large-scale Hudson/Jenkins-based build infrastructure.
- Established efficient processes and scripts for change management with the aid of Puppet.
- Diagnose issues with Java applications running in Tomcat or JBoss.
- Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute shell script.
- Deployed json template to create a stack in CloudFormation which include services like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon VPC, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Lead the Code Deploy development team delivering market leading Devops product innovations and customer relationships.
- Configured, maintained and administered Linux systems that host build and release engineering apps by constantly monitoring system load and memory consumption.
- Experience working with Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch.
- Setup code review tool Gerrit with GIT and integrated with CI system to help developers do peer code reviews & identified issues in code early in the cycle using code analysis.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Redhat Linux.
- Installed and configured MySQL and oracle database on Linux servers.
- Initial troubleshooting and resolution of network connectivity issues. Experience in documenting processes and procedures that are followed in fulfilling a task.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, VMware, Windows 2008, IIS, ASP.net, SQL Server, CloudWatch, Cloud formation, JIRA, Git, VPC, Puppet. Red Hat Linux 5/6, Bash Scripting, Active Directory, Apache, Tomcat.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Involved in implementation of migration strategy from existing data center to AWS Also involved in migration of user profiles to AWS roles
- Designed and implemented user data migration to EC2 instances.
- Involved in creating necessary user role creation
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX using Python, Shell script.
- Used Python AWS SDK for dynamic creation of EC2 instances.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Source version control using Git
- Developed applications using the Django framework using Jinja templating system.
- Performed documentation and user training.
- Wrote multi-thread scripts to obtain optimal performance.
- Used AJAX to reduce page reloads.
- Used the Model View controller (MVC) framework to build modular and maintainable applications.
- Created table-less design using CSS.
- Developed multi-page applications from beginning to end.
- Conceived and created tables using MySQL 5.
- Created tables, stored procedures, triggers and views for data access and manipulation.
Confidential, Austin, TX
AWS/LINUX SYSTEM ENGINEER
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Created Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/costs using Cloud Watch.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux)
- Provisioning Jenkins environment for continuous integration re by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins. Added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Chef.
- Maintain Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Deployed various Unix Servers which includes Red Hat, Open SUSE and Solaris distribution and provided administration and support.
- Installed, managed Verities Volume Manager 3.5 (VxVM) on Solaris 9.
Environment: Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, Environment: Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, Unix, Debian, Linux, Windows, VMware ESXi, Apache Web servers, Postgre SQL Debian, Linux, Windows, VMware ESXi, Apache Web servers, PostgreSQL.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Installing operating systems Solaris, Linux and HP according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Trouble shooting the issues ranging from Solaris, Linux and SAN environments.
- Managing configuration of VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS Cluster.
- Worked on cron in Linux servers for managing the logs of the web servers.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, and VMware Converter and ESX server 3.X.
- Responsible in doing build and deploying on different environments simultaneously.
- Provided assistance to developers in resolving problems.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into Web logic and Apache Servers.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date
- Submit request for implementation to various groups who participate in release.
- Assemble Release Kit and complete all paperwork, including implementation/back out plans.
- Established end-to-end software development process using shell on top of BO, including automated builds of Rhapsody models.
Environment: Sun Solaris 2.6/7, SUN Ultra Enterprise 6000/450, SUN Ultra 10/5/2/1, Windows NT 4.0, RHEL 3.x