- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and VMware Professional with 6+ Years of professional IT experience in Windows Systems Administration and VMware Virtualization using VMware vSphere, VMware VI3 and Microsoft Hyper - V.
- Professional Working Experience on HP Proliant Servers (DL360/DL380/DL580, ML580), IBM X Series Servers, BL460c, BL20p Blade Servers and DELL Power Edge Servers (1850, 2500, 2600, 6400).
- Expertise in building Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 and NT Servers using HP Smart Start, Array configurations, diagnosing server, Updating Firmware and PSP, Application Software under multi-platform environments, deployment & monitoring Servers.
- Strong knowledge on Server, Desktop and Application Virtualization.
- Worked on ESX and ESXi 3, 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1.
- Worked on vCenter Server 4.1, 5.1 and Virtual Center Server 2.5 for managing multiple ESX Servers.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX Servers and ESXi Servers.
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Strong knowledge on resource management framework using Resource pools.
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters.
- Worked on VMware Fault Tolerance (FT) for critical VM’s.
- Experience in creating test Environments in VMware for Production Team to test their applications.
- Hands on Experience on VMware ESX 3.0 Servers.
- Building VMware session on ESX 3.0 Server, Cloning, and Creating Templates.
- Building the VM Server and maintaining the VMware ESX Servers.
- Maintaining the VMware ESX Servers through VMware Infrastructure Client.
- Patch management and upgrades using VMware update manager.
- P2V and V2V conversions using VMware Converter Enterprise 3 and 4 PlateSpin.
- Extensively worked on VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Good knowledge on FC SAN, iSCSI SAN and NAS storage.
- Worked on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Worked on Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong experience with DNS and DHCP.
- Worked on HP, Dell, and IBM Server class hardware.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, Configuration of networks, Router Configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.
VMware: VMware VSphere 4 and 4.1. ESX Server 3, 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1. vCenter Server 4.0, 4.1 and Virtual Center Server 2.5 and 2.0VMware HA, DRS, DPM, FT, VMotion and SVMotion. VMware converter 3, 4 and 5, VMware converter boot CD.
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 2000 Servers, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Backup Software: Symantec Backup exec, Vizoncore Vranger Pro, Veeam tools and VMware.
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Practical SQL Queries.
Citrix Applications: XenApp 5.0 and 6.0, Citrix secure gateway, Edge sight for user experience and Load testing.
Documentation Apps: MS Visio, MS Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
VMware and Windows Engineer
- Installing and Managing ESX and ESXi servers on HP, DELL and IBM hardware, and Installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Creating resource pools and adding the VM’s into the pools.
- Updated Firmware and ProLiant Support Pack for Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Used tools such as VMware Converter, PlateSpin PowerConvert, Veeam FastSCP to work on ESX Environment for the P2V conversions and for installation of patches.
- Design, Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Created Snapshots according to user’s requirement.
- Administered Microsoft Cluster Server with SQL server 2008/2005.
- Maintained Web Servers by installing IIS 6 and 7, FTP Sites and creating Virtual Directories in IIS6 and IIS7.
- Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2008/2003 Servers, and VMware ESX Servers 3.0/3.5/4.0/4 i.
- Building ESX 3.5/4.0 Host and maintain those ESX servers through VI Client.
- Taking care of capacity planning for new clusters, ESX and VM storage issues.
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for important VM’s.
- Analyzing and implementing OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
- Involved in configuring the new HP Servers with Windows 2008/2003/2000 by using Altiris tool.
- Capacity planning using Capacity planner and VMware guided consolidation for gathering the Physical machines CPU and Memory usage metrics.
- P2V Hot conversions using converter enterprise 3, 4 and 5.
- P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Performance monitoring using Vizoncore Vfoglight and ESXTOP.
- Presenting FC SAN LUN’s, RDM’s iSCSI LUN’s and NFS mounts.
- Created vSwitches and different ports groups for different purposes.
- Taking care of NIC teaming at ESX server level for NLB and redundancy.
- Updating and upgrading ESX servers using vCenter update manager.
- VMotion according to the requirement.
- Storage vMotion according to the requirement.
- Experience with troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Responsible for Microsoft exchange server 2010, SQL and database server.
- Provide technical supports for Microsoft outlook 2007/2010.
- Maintained Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall for Exchange Server.
- Successfully Migrated Win XP users to Windows 7 using USMT (User State Migration Tool).
- Worked on Ticket process in receiving Incident tickets in Remedy Tool in 24x7 environments.
- Provide Level 3 support to end-users.
- Creating technical notes and user guides for new software and database for end users.
- Performed technical expertise for windows systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers, and server configuration.
- Maintained records for event, audit and application logs.
- Design, Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Creating User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory.
- Installed and Configured Windows 2008/2003 Servers.
- Monitor all windows backup and perform fine-tuning every 15 days.
- Perform exchange server connection issue with iPhone, android and blackberry phones.
- Worked on Logon / Logoff scripts and assigned them to group policies, EMC Storage Environment.
- Worked on Disaster Recovery Exercises for DR Plan for Production Servers.
Environment: VMware ESX 5.1/5.0/4.0, VSphere 4.0, Vcenter 4.0 . Windows Server 2008 R2/2003, Windows 7/XP, Active Directory, HP Proliant DL and Blade Servers.
Confidential, Arlington, TX
VMware and Windows Administrator
- Installed, configured and administering Microsoft Windows 2003/2000 servers.
- Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Add 50+ hosts bringing total to 105 managed hosts and administered more than 1500+ VMs.
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Perform capacity analysis of existing physical production environment using VMware Capacity Planner.
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Migrated datacenters and converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware and HP Blade servers resulting in a reduction of racks and power usage, decrease downtime during maintenance and upgrades and improved monitoring.
- Created and managed resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage.
- Administered and setup print servers in Windows 2003/2000 server.
- Creation & Troubleshooting of Virtual Network, ESX & Virtual Machines.
- Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Administer for windows server 2003-2008 and all related server services including FTP, AD, DNS, DHCP and VPN.
- Created Virtual environment by using VMware ESX Server.
- Creating a test Environment in VM Machines for Production Team to test their applications.
- Experience with data center hosting web sites maintaining application servers.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008 and 2003, which consist of adding users, editing user login scripts and granting permission to directories and shared files.
- Monitor Sonic wall CDP (Continues data protection) 6.0 services for offsite backup.
- Configure Blackberry, iphone and Droid mobile devices with Exchange server.
- Provide Active Directory, Group policy and user profile maintenance.
- Maintain Symantec Endpoint protection management console.
- Provided technical support to troubleshoot network connectivity, network printing and user access issue.
- Troubleshoot windows infrastructure by resolving trouble tickets assigned by the users.
- Maintained and track hardware and software inventory and documents.
- Maintaining documentation and process for supported systems and applications.
Environment: VMware ESX 4.0/3.5, VSphere 4.0, Windows Server 2008/2003, Active Directory 2003, HP Proliant Servers.
Confidential, Easton, MA
- Installing, configuring & administering Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
- Managing Domain Controllers and Additional Domain Controllers.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Windows 2003/2000 Domains.
- Configuration of Domain Naming Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implementing Disaster Recovery by Optimizing FSMO roles Placement.
- Created User Accounts, Configuring User Profiles, Creating local and Global Groups and implementing Group Policies.
- Sharing Folders, Planning and Assigning NTFS Permissions and System Policies.
- Installation of Operating Systems Win98, Win XP, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003 etc.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service (RIS).
- Implementing user administration like adding, deleting and modifying user accounts.
- Responsible for operations and maintenance for TCP/IP.
- Routing via EIGRP, OSPF and BGP and network addressing.
- Provided looping for connectivity in case of major physical media breakdowns.
- Planning and scheduling the network down time for various upgrades and maintenance check.
- Involved in troubleshooting the physical layer issues.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Active Directory, Network Printers, Windows XP.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Responsible for participating in providing transition support and services for the Delphi Automotive Widows servers to gather and define the processes needed for the HP global delivery teams.
- Publishing and assigning the user permissions to access the Applications in Citrix Management Console.
- Creating the load evaluators for load balance purpose while users accessing the Applications.
- Maintaining the file server, application and Print Server.
- Created User Accounts, groups and running scripts on production servers.
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP.
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Worked elaborately on different windows environment which include Windows NT version 4.0, Work Station, Terminal, 2000 and 2003.
- Created objects like User Accounts, Computer Accounts, and Auto logon accounts.
- Assigning folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners.
- Efficiently created and managed various Groups (Domain Local and Global Security).
- Worked on HP Open View Service Desk (OVSD) tickets.
- Raised tickets for any issues discovered during validation.
- Using Net Use command to check whether we can connect to member servers or not.
- Categorization of server in terms of complexity and effort required to complete the primary system access tasks.
- Experience with VMware, creating VM Sessions for installing multiple OS and applications.
- Created standard operating procedures and process documents for training off shore resources.