- Over 6+ years of IT Experience with recent 3+ years of automation experience in operationalization of Azure and AWS Public Clouds
- Extensive experience in supporting Azure Infrastructure As a Code (IaaC) pipelines using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, PowerShell scripting and codification of VM Configuration management using Chef / Cookbooks / Ruby
- Extensive functional and operational knowledge in Azure Deployment Patterns and Azure Resources usages such as Azure Key Vaults, Azure Storage Systems, Azure OMS and AppInsight monitoring probes, etc
- Experienced in AzureAutomation (cloud and on - premises) architecture and design, solution development, and runbook development.
- Experience onAzureSite Recovery, Operations Management Suite, Power shell Scripts and ARM templates
- Experienced in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on MicrosoftAzureClassic andAzureResource Manager.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests and developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration.
- Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Build and Release Management, AWS Cloud Implementations in all phases of software development life cycle process including Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Testing, Production, and Maintenance in Enterprise Applications administration and transformed traditional environments to virtualized environments with AWS, Azure, Open Stacks.
- Highly motivated and committedDevOpsEngineerexperienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances onAWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Experienced in all phases of teh Software Development Life Cycle and also in Agile/Scrum Methodologies.
- Extensive experience in setting up teh enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure cloud platforms.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Gitlab Runners and good working knowledge on source code repository management tools like GITLAB.
- Strong experience ofContainerizationand implemented Microservices Architecture on Microsoft Azure to deploy teh Java, .net Applications.
- Maintaining high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Chef).
- Experience on Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Python, Bash scripts managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using CloudWatch.
- UsedChefas Configuration management tool, in automation of repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change. And Collaborate in teh automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible, and services configuration via Chef cookbooks.
- Expertise on Jenkins for continuous integration and End-to-End automation for all build and Deployments using Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds
- Experience in system administration, and implementedDevOpstools like Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with build tools using ANT and Maven.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Managed Client's Microsoft Azure based PAAS, SAAS and IAAS environment.
- Understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using bash, shell, python and Perl scripts.
Operating System: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBoss 4.22. GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Jenkins, chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Terraform
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, CVS
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4.0/5.0
Scripting: Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Bash shell, Power shell scripting
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Vsphere, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen.
Cloud Environments: Azure, AWS
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper, Cisco
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCESr DevOps Engineer
- Working on Dev-ops and agile methodology (Code review, Build& Release automation, Environment Service, Incident and Change Management) including various tools.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e.AzureAD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways).
- Security Patching on theAzureIAAS VMs through teh Shavlik Patching Tool Solutions Consultant responsible to be primary SME on Azure services including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions and tasks for ongoing migration efforts.
- Responsible for configuring alerts inAzureApp insights for monitoring and troubleshootingAzureresources
- Developed and maintained chef cookbooks to automate provisioning of infrastructure (i.e... Installation and configuration of packages) to prepare DEV, Test, Prod environments and deployed using ARM Templates.
- Monitoring virtual machines - Monitor and create alerts, configureddiagnosticand storage monitoring.
- Worked on Python runbooks as well as PowerShell runbooks in automation accounts for creating and removing teh projects with in a Subscription.
- Created Grunt tasks to create teh SAAS token for Event Hub and updated azure library to add functions along with updating teh unit tests.
- Investigated limits of Event Hubs policy id’s for existing event hub artifacts.
- Authored and troubleshooted many NodeJS scripts for various processes.
- Working on building teh subscriptions from scratch which includes all azure resources along with teh action groups, setting up alerts using different scripts and ARM templates.
- Authored different automation scripts for Event Hub provisioning in a subscription.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks to install and configure GitLab, MatterMost and SonarQube services.
- Managed and set up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Integrated Artifactory withJenkinsfor storing binaries (WARs, EXEs, DLLs) build output, manages software "artifacts" required for development.
- Wrote ARM templates to deploy services (GitLab, MatterMost and SonarQube) on to Azure infrastructure.
- Integrated GitLab with SonarQube using teh SonarQube GitLab plugin to sync GitLab groups in SonarQube.
- Integrated MatterMost with GitLab using MatterMost GitLab plugin to get alerts to teh MatterMost channel.
- Configure CNAME to Route 53 to Elastic Load Balancer for High availability applications
- Implementing a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline to publish code analysis reports onto SonarQube.
- Configured and managed Red HatLinuxkernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red HatLinuxKickstart Installation Sun Solaris Jump start Installation. Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8/9 & other Network Services.
- ManagedKubernetescharts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of theKubernetesapplications, managedKubernetesmanifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed byKubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for teh runtime environment of theCI/CDsystem to build, test deploy.
Sr DevOps and Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Involved in design, install, automate, administrator, and optimize AWS solutions and components to ensure business continuity.
- Provisioned teh high availability and fault tolerant EC2 Instances using automation tools like Terraform and Cloud formation.
- Worked on build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrated legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Used Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge with broad range of AWSCloudServices like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Elastic File system (EFS), CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Service Catalog, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, OpsWorks and inCloudSecurity.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWScloudinfrastructure utilizing Chef, Puppet with AWSCloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Integrated Terraform into current software release process to halp provision AWS resources and deployments of artifacts and services.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Involved heavily in building teh CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service based architecture utilizing Docker and Kubernetes technologies.
- Installed and configured Splunk for log monitoring and also forwarded system stats to Splunk.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining auto-scalingAWSStacks using Cloud Formation and Scripting.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining teh version across teh environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Helped customers deploying their applications inAWScloud using Opsworks(managed Chef), Code deploy, Elastic beanstalk, troubleshooting customer's cloud formation stacks.
- CreatedCloudwatch alarms andcloudtrail audit systems to maintain granular control over teh AWS account.
- Created Python tooling for teh display of service health status ofcloudcomponents.
- Managed and designed integrated build pipelines using continuous integration workflows such as Jira, Git, Stash, Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Nexus.
- Competent extent of skills on DevOpsessential tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
- Expert in Chef, Puppetas Configuration management tool, to automate teh repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed teh changes.
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins,Puppet, Maven in Linux environment.
- Administered version control system like GIT to create daily backups.
- Set up teh GIT synchronization web framework based on applications.
- Responsible for versioning teh source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Build Nagios monitors for new services being deployed.
- Supported Puppet master server and around 500+ Clients by installing agents and managed multiple modules and manifests.
- Defined instances in code, next to relevant configuration on what running and then created teh instances via Puppet.
- Developed and maintained teh build environment, teh source code control system and managing build packages using GIT.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Experienced in writing Chef Recipes to automate ourbuild/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- I wrote theAnsibleplaybooks which is teh entry point forAnsibleprovisioning, where teh automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. RunAnsibleScripts to provision Dev servers.
- Worked with Document DB NOSQL database, by analyzing teh advantages it offers over its counterparts.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, Github.
- Created a Virtual Network to connect several on-premises servers.
- Handled JIRA issues to prioritize and act per issue sensitivity.
- Created, cloned Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware workstation and ESXi environment.
- Worked on creating Virtual machines for Windows server 2012, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers on vSphere client on teh base of data provided onBuildcenter.
- Created a TFS Source control Context Menu item for automatic branching and merging. In detail, teh add-in will automatically create branches, merges, and do teh properreleasenumber increment based on teh previousreleasenumber.
- Knowledge on Orchestration framework for Integrations and testing teh application.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining teh Java basedreleasecode packages.
- Set up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running thechefclient on them in aChef-Solo environment.
- Worked on Converting production support scripts tochefrecipes.And testing of cookbooks withchef-spec.
- Ability to run and executed BASH, Ruby, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts.
- Experienced on working withreleaseand deployment in various environments such as Ubuntu, Linux, Windows, MacOS, And Red Hat.
- Experienced in software methodologies like Waterfall model, Agile Methodology and Scrum.
- Ability in managed all aspects of teh software configuration management process, including code compilation, packaging, deployment,releasemethodology and application configurations.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo, BuildForge and AnthillPro (AHP) for continuous integration and for End to End automation for allbuildand deployments.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Installation and configuration of Red hat Enterprise Linux server. Wrote scripts and configured teh infrastructure to enablebuildandreleaseprocess.
- Managed different servers like webservers, database servers and created deployment tickets using Jira.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement teh CI process and integrated teh tool with Ant and Maven to schedule thebuilds.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation ofbuildand test systems.
- Monitored and administered teh automatedbuildand continuous integration process to ensure correctbuildexecution, and facilitate resolution ofbuildfailures.
- Managedbuildsand wroteBuildscripts for JAVA and WebSphere based applications.
- Worked closely with Business analysts and Project managers to meetreleaseandbuildschedule deadlines.
- Created deployment workflows in Jenkins which includes pre-release,releaseand Postrelease steps.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement teh CI process and integrated teh tool with Ant and Maven to schedule thebuilds. Took teh responsibility to maintain teh CI Jenkins server.
- Expertise in usingbuildtools like MAVEN and ANT for teh building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy.