- Over 7 years of experience in DevOps engineering, application configurations, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers in frameworks like SQL, Python, PERL, BASH, PowerShell.
- Experience in Cloud service platforms like Amazon Web Services.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT, clear case to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Profoundly did Continuous integration using Jenkins, Hudson, Anthill pro, Team city and Bamboo, which requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day.
- Worked on Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet & Chef configuration management tools.
- Extensive experience in writing builds using MAVEN, ANT, MS - build as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager for GIT repositories and builds.
- Proficient with Python, Perl, Bash & Shell scripting for build automations.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye.
- Handful knowledge on writing web services in different programming language such as C++, JAVA.
- Worked under AWS management tools such as (EC2, EBS, ASG, RDS, R53) and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Created a high availability and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 auto scaling functionality.
- Used StackDriver and AWS cloud monitoring extensively to monitor and debug the cloud based AWS EC2 services.
- Proficient in working with Red Hat RHEL.5.x/ 6.x, CentOS, Solaris and VMware ESX environment.
- Experienced in Puppet, Dockers, Jenkins (CI & CD) Amazon EC2, Kickstart to Jumpstart, Infrastructure setup and Installation Methods.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in release automation for java and .net technologies to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD).
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Redshift and Cloud Formation.
- Expertise on using Amazon AWS API tools like: Linux Command line, puppet integrated AWS API tools.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, CHEF).
- Good understanding of Docker Configuration Management Tool.
- Experience with monitoring and management tools like NAGIOS, Zabbix, SPLUNK.
- Experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Clear Case, and Perforce.
- Experience in SQL Server Database design, Database maintenance, developing T- SQL in SQL server 2008 R2, SQL server 2012
- Lead efforts on testing strategy, automation in Dev, test, UAT and production environment
- Managed a team to build a REST API that provided data broker services to server application needs
- Experience in automated deployment tool Nolio.
- Automating Deployment of Servers on ESXI and Cloud.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, Find Bugs, Nunit, JUnit, with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Proven ability in automation using ANT, PERL scripts, Shell Scripting, Build Forge, and Visual Build Professional in a continuous build environment.
- Experience in build automation using JENKINS, MAVEN, ANT.
- Supported installation of Oracle database (RAC) on Linux servers associated with DBAs.
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat, Load Balancer (Apache) and expertise in making configuration changes.
- Experience automating Linux system provisioning with kickstart, DHCP, TFTP.
- Proficient in Redis and MongoDB along with NOSQL strategies.
- Strong ability in Knowledge of network and web related protocols like TCP/IP, HTTPS along with the routing protocols.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality center.
- Knowledge in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux and AIX
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT, Accurev
Languages: C, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, Python, Powershell
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle …
Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat 5, 6, 7
DevOps Tools: ANT, MAVEN, HUDSON, AnthillPro JENKINS, UDeploy, CHEF, Puppet
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services, VMware 5.0 Cisco Intelligent Automation Center
Development Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, TDD.
Confidential, Green Bay, WI
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications
- Used SVN and GIT as source code repository and Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT.
- Managed the GIT using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based systems.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Involving in CI and CD with Jenkins.
- Generated Ant, Bash scripts for build activities in QA, Staging environments.
- Involving in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, and Windows) servers.
- Responsible for the migration from Chef to Salt, which included the evaluation of Ansible and Puppet against SaltStack.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags and Experience in Administering SVN.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins to manage weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Test / Development Branching Model.
- Worked on Tomcat, JBOSS, and WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application servers.
- Strong knowledge and experience in AWS services like EC2, S3, EBS and IAM.
- Involving in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the implementation of micro services in PCF.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Monitored servers in Cloud watch during deployment and handled troubleshooting steps.
- Modified and created Ansible playbooks to automate jobs through Jenkins and EC2 using Python2 and Jinja2 scripting languages.
- Involving administering Linux systems (CentOS, Ubuntu) and web architectures (NodeJS, Nginx).
- Worked on Nginx configurations and deployed through Jenkins to all the environments.
- Build and performed Jenkins jobs for deploying using Ansible playbook and bitbucket.
- Used Cloud Formation to create infrastructure Stack using Templates and achieved automation using Chef.
- Used CloudWatch to monitor server services like logs, CPU, RAM and disk storage.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated builds and deployments.
- Worked on terraform to create ec2 servers through Ansible playbook.
- Developed custom Jenkins jobs/pipelines that contained Bash shell scripts utilizing the AWS CLI to automate infrastructure provisioning
- Working with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GITHub and AWS
- Good knowledge on Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model and Firewall (checkpoint), HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Working with performance test engineer's team for giving permissions and access to EC2 servers.
- Involving using databases like MySQL, MongoDB, MSSQL and Oracle.
- Setting up ETL for environments and Configuring RabbitMQ.
- Worked in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure.
- Worked in automating private and public cloud configuration using Terraform.
Environment: s: AWS, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, EC2, RDS, IAM, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, GITHub, Route53, SNS, Python2, Jinja2, ELB, Splunk, Redis, Nginx, Apache2, Celery, Linux, Jabber, JRipper, Slack, RabbitMQ, New Relic, ETL.
Confidential, Bakersfield, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architect son SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Responsible for Deployment and maintenance of different QA & UAT environments
- Used Power Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Wrote GROOVY/Unix scripts to configure resources and Servers.
- Wrote and executed various MYSQL database queries from Python using the Python -MySQL
- Created and maintained Servers and environments using Puppet 4.x manifests and Modules
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and Web sphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Stand by administrator for Clear Case and PVCS.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner.
- Installation and configuration of RED HAT LINUX for new build environment and
- Monitor performance on RED HAT LINUX 6/7.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created Docker containers for Apache on Redhat linux.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform, ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Setup S3 buckets for Artifact management and Storage of batch files for multi cluster batch application.
- Migrated On Premise MySQL database to Multi Availability Zone RDS instances.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Installed Apache Tomcat 6, 7 and Apache Http Servers on the EC2 instances using CHEF and deployed the artifacts.
- Used MAVEN to automate the build process.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto-scaling group
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin
Environment: PVCS, Clear Case, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, JDK, ANT, MAVEN, UNIX, Web Sphere, Perl Scripting, HP Quality Center, DB2, RED HAT Linux, Windows XP, Apache Tomcat, Docker, JIRA, CHEF, MySQL, AWS, Jenkins, Ruby Scripts
Comcast, Philadelphia, PA
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Designed and deployed best SCM processes and procedures.
- Gained experience in using JIRA as Bug Tracking Tool.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Create RunDeck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Gained experience in deployment of Fusion Middleware SOA applications like Oracle Policy Management, Oracle Service Bus and Business Process Management Composites.
- Involved in writing Ansible Scripts to support Web Logic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Migrated in-house chef server to Hosted Chef eventually phasing out centralized chef model entirely with chef-solo.
- Set up Code Coverage reports tool like Sonar and Cobertura to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Deployed LDAP for centralized authentication.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins. Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Artifactory & GIT server.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl.
- Built Java application using MAVEN.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Puppet.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Developed Shell/Batch Scripts for automation purpose.
- Developed Shell Scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR'S, WAR'S and EAR'S.
- Jenkins and Hudson were used as tools for Continuous Integration while analyzing the code quality by using SonarQube.
- Ansible was extensively used for continuous integration.
- Followed up with the Test Team and Development Team.
Environment: RHEL, Apache, WebLogic, Fusion Middleware Suite, Docker, Jenkins, Hudson, RunDeck, Chef, Ansible, Service Now, Confluence, Fisheye, Windows Server 2005/2008, GIT, ANT, Maven, Gradle, Sonar, SonarQube and AWS
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Involved in Agile Scrum model with PODs and provided the WBS for the User stories.
- Implemented the Chef cookbook SSSD to automate the integration process between RHEL and Windows AD using Kerberos keytab file.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM's from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrap the chef clients remotely.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Customized changes in Data Bags, Roles and Recipes.
- Involved in searching node attributes using Knife.
- Deploying the cookbooks, recipes using knife tool from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-server
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the run list on chef-server.
- Maintained branches/forks in GITHUB version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release.
- Automated Apache-webserver configuration, DB Server configuration, SSSD Configuration, LAMP by writing Ruby Cookbooks in Chef.
- Mentored team to configure workstation, bootstrap a node and deploy cookbooks.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre Prod/ Pre Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef automation tool.
- Implemented Nagios core/XI for monitoring Infrastructure resources.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
Environment: Chef Server, Chef V12, Puppet, Splunk, Ngnix, OpenStack components - Keystone, Horizon, Tomcat, Apache web server, VMware ESXi, VMware, Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, Windows 2003/2008, Puppet, Cookbooks, Chef Resources, GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, MongoDB, Web Services, Shell script, Python, Ruby script.
Jr. DevOps Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Involved in configuring and managing web servers and SQL servers on clustered environments.
- Involved in SQL Server 2008/2012 Installation, Configuration, Backup and Recovery.
- Scripting expertise using Power Shell scripts, Perl.
- Worked in configuration management tools like Chef.
- Incident management reports, including initial problem analysis, management status, resolution, and follows up defect reporting in an automated fashion.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts and AWT programming for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed build on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Anthill pro, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Web logic, MY SQL, Chef, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts, AWS.