- An AWS Certified Developer with 7+ Years of experience in IT industry which includes System Administrator, Linux Administrator, Release & Build Engineer, DevOps and Cloud engineer, experience in solution architecting applications and running them in the cloud and experience in network and security design for applications in the cloud.
- Also done extensive automation using cloud APIs and cloud SDK’s to create infrastructure programmatically in the cloud.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premise toAzureand from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to MicrosoftAzureand GCP
- Experience Active Directory, ADFS,AzureActive Directory Domain Service, SSO and MFA and security
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in WindowsAzureand SQLAzureand inAzureweb and database deployments.
- Experience in implementingAzureStorage,AzureSQLAzureServices and developingAzureWeb role.
- Extensive experience on AWS services and its included components EBL, EC2, S3, VPC, NACL’s, Cloud Trials, AMI, SNS, Cloud Formation, Route 53, Network Connectivity troubleshooting, Hybrid Environments and VPC peering.
- Experience in deploying a web application in to AWS cloud where in automated the configurations using Terraform.
- Setup specific IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resources within AWS based on group or user
- Analyzed various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark.
- Tested a private storage cloud usingOpenStackSWIFT software and worked as well with OpenStack Multi - node installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests and developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration.
- Experience in automating the provisioning of servers through RESTful API calls using Chef. Experience with Chef, Puppet for Environment configuration and Application Deployments.
- Experience on automation tool like Ansible wherein I configured systems, deployed the software and orchestrated tasks by writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience working on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration
- Experience with Kubernetes to automate the deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience Integrating Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Experience in using JenkinsAPI to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate tasks on nodes and jobs. Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, ELK.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules for larger maven projects.
- Experience in building the war and ear files from source code using ANT and MAVEN.
- Worked with the version control tools such as GIT, Subversion(SVN) wherein experienced with tagging, branching on platforms like Linux and Windows.
- Created branches from within JIRA and JIRA agile by integrating the Bit bucket with JIRA.
- Worked on the scripting languages like Shell(Bash), Python, Ruby and Perl for automation.
- Experience in working with Network Protocols like TCP, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SNMP.
- Experience with Linux Administration, Cloud Infrastructure management, Software Configuration Management.
- Expertise in LINUX/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x
- Experience in implementation and administrationVMware, vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x platform, vCenter 5.x/4.xand Consolidating resources via VirtualizationVMwareand Hyper-V.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Bit Bucket.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Application Servers & Web Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBOSS 4.1, Apache HTTP, Nginx, Apache TOMCAT
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7), UBUNTU, UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7/8/10.
Virtualization Tech: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e.AzureAD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways).
- Security Patching on theAzureIAAS VMs through the Shavlik Patching Tool Solutions Consultant responsible to be primary SME onAzureservices including DRaas, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions and tasks for ongoing migration efforts.
- Managed anActiveDirectorysite; replication schedules, site links and boundaries, used ADUC to create and manage computer, user and group accounts in anActiveDirectoryenvironment.
- Managed the WindowsAzureinfrastructure for our customers depends on their requirement.Worked on MicrosoftAzureStorage - Storage accounts, blob storage, managed and unmanaged storages.
- Provided consulting and cloud architecture for premier customers and internal projects running on MSAzureplatform for high-availability of services, low operational costs
- SetupAzureVirtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Deployment and maintenance of Linux Server systems like RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu to run OpenStack Cloud environment.
- Integrated OpenStack Grizzly with Open Switch to create software defined Networking tenant and service providers network and routers.
- Configured EC2 instances by writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them on to Chef server.
- Setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Worked with Chef in implementing roles, data bags and written Chef Cookbooks for various packages.
- Automating system operations such as Templates, File distributions, Attribute Values using Cookbooks.
- Managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Working on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates. Automate the installation of ELK agent (file beat) with Ansible playbook.
- Worked on Docker Container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker.
- UsedKubernetesduring debugging. Leading up to production when multiple application build must be tested for stability.
- Managed local deployments inKubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers. Created private cloud usingKubernetesthat supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Integrated Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build fromJenkinsrepository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Deployed custom applications using Chef, executed schema updates with Liquibase and coordinated everything with Jenkins.
- Configured and maintainedJenkinsto implement the CI process and integrated the tool withMavento schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Developing build using MAVEN as build tool and using Jenkins to kick off the builds to move from one environment to other environments
- Configuring and maintaining Continuous Delivery framework in Linux environment using Chef, Maven, Jenkins & Nexus.
- Managing and performing operational routines using MongoDB. Also performed backups, security measures and restored backups using MongoDB.
- Created and maintained user accounts, roles on Jira, MySQL, production and staging servers
- Experience in WebLogic 9.x/10.x to implement zero downtime deployment using python and bash/shell script and used Jenkins to automate it.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked using vSphere where in experienced with VSAN for storage and NSX for network virtualization.
- Maintained the Red Hat Satellite for infrastructure management to keepRed Hat Enterprise Linuxenvironments and other Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently, properly secured, and compliant with various standards.
- Managed and configured Red HatLinuxkernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red HatLinuxKickstart Installation Sun Solaris Jump Start Installation. Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8/9 & other Network Services.
Environment: AWS, Load Balancers, Chef, Ansible, Shell, Python, Linux, Jira, My SQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTPserver 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, Git
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS cloudwatch.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Implemented of storage of documents in S3 bucket inAWS& mapping the S3 metadata with document metadata in MongoDB & Elasticsearch.
- Created Amazon VPC to create public-facing subnet for web servers with internet access, and backend databases & application servers in a private-facing subnet with no Internet access.
- Worked on creating workflows on Team City for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD withPCF and documented all the process of CI/CD pipeline.
- Developed Micro Services using Spring Boot and deployed them into thePCF.
- UtilizedChefto manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- WrittenChefRecipes to automate build/deployment process and perform process improvement to manual processes.
- Deployed and configuredChefServer andChefSolo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for Provisioning and Created roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, and Data Bags for Server configuration.
- WrittenChefRecipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications
- Configured the Weave Net such that it creates the Virtual networks which connects Docker Containers to multiple hosts.
- Created Monsoon instance status page to search the instance and platform information. Migrated Monsoon metadata web app to Docker container.
- Helped convert VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed byKubernetes
- Built complete Configuration Management for the Microservices usingKubernetes, Docker and Ansible and UsedKubernetesto setup service selection and load balancing.
- Used to build automation Jenkins server, Install and configuration of Jenkins, configure plugins, job setup, and build pipeline and delivery pipeline views.
- Fully responsible for DevOps infrastructure architecture, Jenkins, Puppet and Ansible implementation, Responsible for CI infrastructure and CD infrastructure and process and deployment strategy.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Hosting and Deployment of Solution in PACI (Parallels Automation Cloud Infrastructure) through Linux, Windows and VMware server platform.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Used Kick start/Jump start to build Linux OS server for application automation.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP.
- Worked on NoSQL database MongoDB to replica setup and sharding. Also experienced in managing replica set.
- Used Git with Jenkins to integrate to automate the code checkout process.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Manage users and groups in Solaris & Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues.
- Used Virtual Box for teleportation of running virtual machines between hosts without interruption.
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, OpenStack, Linux, Solaris, RHEL 6.x, Vagrant, Ant, Git, Jira, Nexus, Windows, Bash, Python, Apache2, Nginx, OpenStack, Network Protocols, Virtualization, BMC Remedy, Oracle HTTP Server.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Built servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security groups, CloudTrail, Auto-scaling, Load balancers (ELBs) using Cloud formation templates & AMI's using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, SNS, S3, Domain services, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Created various modules and Manifests in Puppet to automate various applications.
- Wrote Puppet manifests on conditional expression based on agent specific data, which is available through Factor.
- Involved in Designing and ImplementingPuppetwith Mcollective, Orchestration and code manger with R10K along with Git and Git Hub.
- Involved in configuring the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana) for monitoring thepuppet agents.
- Involved in Design and configured multiple environments usingPuppet. DeployedPuppetserver to configure and manage the nodes,PuppetDash board
- Worked on migrations of opensource to enterprise levelpuppetwith Ubuntu and Red hat.
- Installing, Configuring and Managing Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker
- Installed and Configured Jenkins to build various jobs for application deployment and test cases execution.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Managed version control tool Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge code.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories
- In the production environment implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Worked on Python scripting to deploy the applications using Puppet across Linux servers.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet Tool.
- Used ANT build tool for scripts deployment and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Automated testing, build and deployment by developing and maintaining the processes by writing shell scripts.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
Environment: Linux, Perl, Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Docker, Vagrant, SVN, Ant, Bash, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for 300+ Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Worked on day to day ticket resolving & submit CRQ based on user requirement.
- Worked on Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Built ESXi hosts using multiple technologies including HPSA, VUM, Host Profiles, and PowerCLI scripts Performed routine maintenance onVMwareenvironment such as vCenter upgrades, firmware upgrades, Patching.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
- Installed and Configured RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris 10 on Intel and AMD hardware.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, and TCP wrapper and NMAP.
Environment: Linux Red hat 3.x/4.x, RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, DHCP, NFS, Apache, DNS, VMware.
- Responsible for creating builds, Staging and deploying Software Content across multiple environments (DEV, QA, Demo, Test, Staging, UAT and Production)
- Collaborate with Development Team to resolve build and deployment related conflicts
- Actively managed Production, DEV and other Test environments
- Migrated the entire Application from JBOSS to Tomcat environment.
- Custom build of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Installed, maintained and administered Oracle and Db2 Server on Sun Servers.
- Setup Squid Proxy Server for internet sharing and to block the unwanted sites.
- Managing HP-UX, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Responsible for the Database / Network operation with 80 servers.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2003, Linux, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP, Terminal Services, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, Oracle, Db2, Jboss