- Over 6+years of IT Industry Experience with Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Quality Assurance.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and Knowledge of Clear Case.
- Good exposure in administering version control systems to create daily backups and Checkpoint files.
- Expertise in using Build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code.
- Expertise AWS Cloud Computing services, such as EC2,EFS, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, SNS, ASG, Dynamo DB, NACL, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, EMR, Lambda, Terraform, RDS and Glacier.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debi an, configuration and administration.
- Experience in database technology such as Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL, including NoSQL databases such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, and Dynamo DB.
- Managed and created Databases using RDS like MySQL, No SQL, Dynamo DB, Aurora etc.
- Involved in the functional usage and Deployment of Applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experienced in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Experience in Urban code deployment (UCD) Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box and Microsoft virtual PC.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Evaluated and designed the software and the infrastructure for the company - wide private container cloud solution based on Kubernetes, Swarm, Docker and Python.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data Integrity.
- Worked on Devops, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Experienced DevOps Engineerunderstands the melding of operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers.
- Has experience with the Cloud and monitoring processes, as well as DevOps development in Windows, Mac, Unix and Linux systems.
- Document all Azure build procedures and VSTS release policies
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and puppetOpen Source.
- Jenkins is used as a Continuous Integration tool for Automation of daily process.
- Deployed Puppet for automated management of machine configurations.
- In depth experience on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using AWS.
- Used Elastic beanstalk which are predefined configurations to select and have installed them.
- Experience in creating and Managing load balancers in Amazon ELB and also worked on some third party load balancers such as BIG IP F5 load balancers.
- Implemented many Bucket policies in S3 for usage rules and also edited Bucket policies in JSON format.
- Hands on experience in Installing and Administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Performed Integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check style, Sonar, Find Bugs, Nunit, Open Cover and PMD with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Good experience in converting builds .xml into pom.xml to buildthe applications using MAVEN.
- Work under SLA (Service Level Agreement) &Incident Management (Remedy) with increases Productivity, Scalability & Performance of application.
- Efficient in Tracing Complex Build problems, Releases issues and Environment issues in a Multi Component Environment.
- Expertise in Troubleshooting the problems generated while Building, Deploying and in Production Support.
Operating systems: Linux/Unix, Windows and Mac
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, Jira, TFSConfluence, Clear Case, GIT, GitHub
Languages: C, Java, SQL/PLSQL, .NET, Python, YAML, and JSON
Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS, and WebLogic
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall model, SDLC, Scrum
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN and TFS.
Build Tools: GRADLE, MS Build, Ant, Maven, Make, Chef, Puppet
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson and Team city
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Kubernetes, Chef and Puppet
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
Platforms: Red hat Enterprise, Linux 4/5, Sun Solaris 10/9/8/7, Windows NT/2003/2008, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS
Database System: SQL DBA, SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, DB2, MS Access
Scripting Languages: Shell, C, C#, Java, J2EE, ASP.net, chef, Power shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Docker, Bash
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Web sphere
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS Command Line Interface for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- ImplementedTerraformmodules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Monitoring resources and Applications usingAWSCloudWatch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SNS and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppetmodules.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- Created Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, Dynamo DB table.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like GIT, Subversion to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Created S3 buckets to back up the files and customized it in JSON format and assign the policies who can access the files. For long term storage and archive files Glacier is used, worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet or custom-built.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Responsible for the creation of scripts using Ant, Python and Unix by hosting on application servers.
- Supervised a team of developers and implemented automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and GIT for continuous integration.
- Used Python scripts in Ansible to call REST APIs to configure Isam appliance.
- Responsible for automating and improving infrastructure, using Puppetfor configuration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process for major releases and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in Bit Bucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds.
- CreatedTerraformscripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Installed and Configured TFS Release Manager and automated deployments.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Experience with managing cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE.
- Installed and upgraded Splunk software in distributed and clustered environments for numerous corporations and public entities.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Experience working on Terraform, which is used to create and compose all the components necessary to run application.
- Handled multiple Linux/CentOS servers for application deployment and management.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Installing and administrating monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Cucumber, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Splunk, Gherkin, Gerrit, TFS, Oracle, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Rest API, ANT, UNIX, Windows 7, Cassandra, Subversion (SVN), Nagios.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Configuring Hudson for developers to bounce the application container, to get the application, container, and access logs by using ANT scripts.
- Used the continuous integration tool Hudson to automate the daily processes.
- Installed/Configured/Managed PuppetMaster/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from Puppet -forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Migrating J2EE applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and Jenkins.
- Created Puppetmanifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Built largely open source technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and leveraging multiple cloud platforms both public and private to deliver a ubiquitous and consistent global platform for continuously deploying applications.
- Update Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories.
- Responsible for managing the code in Subversion (version controlling).
- JIRA Administrated, maintained documentation and provided training to the users.
- Created SVN Hooks which triggers builds in Jenkins for the legacy products.
- Used Puppet forge to write modules and manifests for the installation of packages, running different services changing security configurations of files.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage and Utilized AWS Cloud Watch services to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Packaged Rue code in RPM format and developed automation scripting in Bash and Perl.
- Designed and implemented Puppet to configure, install, manage, and deploy releases across all environments.
- Integrated Chef, Rundeck and Azureand configured several jobs on Rundeck like bootstrapping nodes, spinning of instances and running Chef Recipes on target nodes for push button deployment.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and converting manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Hands on migration fromTeam forgetoClear case,andSCMtools toPerforce
- Strong knowledge of Sub Version (SVN) and experience utilizing source control such asPerforce,TFS, GIT,Team forgeand knowledge ofClear Case.
- Managed and maintained ongoing changes to configuration in Puppet.
- Work with the Devops Performed deployments to QA and performance environments.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraformand AWS.
- Created and implemented custom Nagios monitoring and managed with Puppet.
- Developed production web and application service monitoring dashboards leveraging PHP (AJAX, jQuery, Bootstrap), helping to identify bottlenecks and improve reliability.
- Developed release engineer dashboards to monitor release versions across the various environments.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- By using Atlassian suite Configuration steps to get theintegrations described above with Bamboo Administered Yum and subversion repositories.
- Experience in setting up Terraformcontinuous build integration system.
Environment: Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GIT, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Puppet, Bamboo 5.6, PowerShell, Accurev, Amazon web services, TFS, HA Proxy, Apache Tomcat, Web sphere, Java, stash 3.1 J2EE, Python, PHP.
Build Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform. Served as interim group leader.
- Subject Matter Expert with Software Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Used Bit Bucket for branching and staging purposes.
- Configured Bamboo for building and continuous integration with the source code repository.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in WebSphere6.0 using ATG7.0 Dynamo.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Manage the release-to-production processes for Web Services IT solutions - Collect information necessary to build release cookbook.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release for all the Operational Projects.
- Used Team forge tool to manage the repository in Ant and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Providing CM and Build support for different applications built and deployed to lower and higher environments and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN Subversion to support the parallel development for various projects.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Setting up build server for continuous integration with Jenkins for daily/nightly and weekly based builds.
- Configured and managed jobs in Jenkins. Set up jobs for auto deployment.
- Expertise in Build and Release Management using ANT.
- Experience in installation, configuration administer Monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Worked on Jenkins by scheduling jobs for Builds and release.
- Wrote Python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
- Worked extensively withBootstrapandJQueryto optimize the user experience.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Setup Jumpstart servers for automated installation of Solaris and Kick start for Linux servers and workstations.
- Created and managed all the branches for short term and long-term projects in SVN Subversion.
- Prior to QA release merge all the development branches to the release branch and perform a QA migration.
- Created backup scripts for SVN Subversion and perform the backup activity every week.
- Responsible for maintaining build scripts and checking build status. Maintained and modified scripts and documented process for build.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Jenkins, Azure, Python Scripts, TFS, Shell Scripts, Sonar, UNIX, JIRA, WebSphere, Chef
Build and Release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/management activities for three different Java applications.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Hudson with approval from development and other affected teams. Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Converted old buildsusing MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system & application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Experience in installation, configuration administer Monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Worked on Jenkins by scheduling jobs for Builds and release.
- Support Production/development and Testing systems, UNIX system upgrading and UNIX Network configuration
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the SVN Repositories
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Created and Maintained Subversion (SVN) repositories, branches and tags.
- Acted as an Integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion (SVN) hooks and another metadata.
- Attend forum for management of release weekly meetings.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Work closely with Red Hat development engineering and assist production support engineers and technical account managers
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat customers
- Deployed Chef for automated management of machine configurations.
- Submit request for implementation to various groups who participate in release.
- Assemble Release Kit and complete all paperwork, including implementation/back out plans.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Java, Hudson/ Jenkins, JBoss, Subversion, Linux, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jira, Aurora, Confluence, Shell scripting, Perl.