- Over 8 Years of experience in IT industry comprising of DevOps, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure Configuration Management, Linux Systems administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBMClear case, Perforce, and GIT.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Build forge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, TFS, GitHub, Serena Products, ClearCase, Docker, Build Forge, Serena PVCS, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, and Linux etc.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, ELB, RDS, Route 53, SQS Auto scaling configurations, etc.
- Experience in AWS cloud environment's and also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch andElasticIP's and managing security groups on AWS.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development lifecycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing Post - production analysis of the projects.
- DevelopedPythonscripts for software build conduct and management support.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Proficient in working with Red Hat RHEL 5.x/ 6.x, CentOS, Solaris andVMwareESX environment.
- Built and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Hudson andAnsible
- Expertise in Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programing for setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining Samba, Rabbitmq, Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Docker, Nagois, Apache Kafka and Chef.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Dynatrace and worked with Apache Kafka and Zookeeper.
- Proficient in Shell Scripts, Python and Perl scripting language for automation CI/CD.
- Fulfilling the role of a Release Engineer in respects to our Puppet code.
- Implementation of cloud service PaaS, and SaaS which include Puppet, Docker and Openshift.
- Expertise inAzure infrastructure managementand Experience in managingAzure Storage Accounts.
- Working knowledge onAzure Fabric, Micro services, IoT & Docker containers inAzure.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e.Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways.
- Processes CI/CD tools Docker zed and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring and supporting Java and Python applications.
- Experience in migrating existing applications from legacy platforms to AWS Cloud.
- Experience developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Provided Support for Openshift application deployment in Production Environment.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Good knowledge in IIS and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Using Karma test runner extensively for unit testing for end-to-end testing and Experience in Load Testing using Apache JMeter.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining application/servers using tools such as Nagios, Zabbix,Splunk.
- Expertisein troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Experience with administrative tasks with CI tools like maintaining configurations and backups and maintain high availability.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging, Tagging and Automation Processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Installed and Configured - NFS, NIS, DNS, Mail Server, Apache Web Server on Linux and Solaris
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: Windows98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX (RHEL).
Versioning Tools: CVS, Tortoise SVN, Clear case, GIT, Perforce,PVCS, RTC, Stash, Mercurial, TFS, Perforce
Cloud Computing: Azure, OpenStack, AWS (EC2, VPC, SNS, RDS, IAM, S3, Route53 ElasticBeanstalk, CloudWatch, CloudTrail,CloudFront, CodeCommitDynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, OpsWorks and CloudFormation)
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Build & CI Tools: Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, uDeploy, Nagios, Nexus, Rally, Chef, Ansible, Ant,Maven, ELK Stack(ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana ), Gradle, UrbanCode, TerraForm, HUDSON, MS Build, Docker, ANTHILLPRO, Team City, Sonar and BAMBOO.
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, C#, Perl scripting, VB script, Shell scripting, SQL, Java/J2EE,/Ruby Python, Bash, RUBY, PowerShell, GO,VMware
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML
Web servers: Web logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, DB2
Others: Junit, Angular, Karma, Protractor, XUnit
Confidential, Jersey City NJ
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins continuous integration tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant, Maven and Docker as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, and deployment automation.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Developed Jenkins Shared Libraries for CI/CD infrastructure standardized throughout the Department consisting of Applications.
- Prepared and executed performance tests for REST Services using Jmeter.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deployment issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with Product Development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Automated weekly releases with ANT/MAVEN scripting for compiling Java Code, Debugging and placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GIT HUB.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed
- Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWSCloudFormation Templates
- Configured and deployed instances on Rackspace, cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch,ElasticSearch and managing security groups on AWS
- Created and maintained the python scripting in order to access Jira.
- Worked as a Release Engineer which involves tasks like Kick off builds, Monitor and in case of failure, Investigate and resolve the issues.
- Used GIT as source code Management tool to manage repositories.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- UsedSplunkto maintain logfiles or indexes which relates to real time data in search repository.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and kubernetes for the orchestration purpose
- Written scripts to containerize using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes & Configured the services using modernDevopstools, like GoCD, Ansible.
- Configuring and managing Virtual Machines usingVMwarevSphere suite. Administration of VMs through vCenter Server and vSphere client.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, and Data base, Commands, Users MountPoints and Packages.
- Created angular feature modules to take advantage of lazy loading for better performance.
- Implemented testing angular components and services using Karma
- Using Karma test runner extensively for unit testing for end-to-end testing
- Website development/design, implementation and maintenance using C#
- Experience in Load Testing using Apache JMeter, Used Apache JMeterfor load/performance testing RESTful web API's
- Designing automated tests using MSTest/XUnit and supporting test infrastructure.
- Support code builds by integrating them with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, Java/J2EE, LINUX, Apache Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, JIRA, XML, ANT, Maven, Ansible, Hudson, Chef, puppet, Python, Splunk, Bash Scripts, PowerShell, OpenShift, AWS, Django, JBoss, Apache JMETER, MetaCase, DynamoDB, GIT, Kubernetes, SVN, Docker, Protractor, Karma, Oracle, JMeter.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion SVN. Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Implement deploy and configure Azure websites, configure diagnostics, monitoring and analytics onAzure Platform along with scale and resilience forAzure Web sites.
- Involving for Manage hosting plans forAzure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads onAzure virtual machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on implementing images/disks. Hyper-V, VMware technologies and System Center Components
- Serve as the primary SME onAzure services including DRaas, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions for our ongoing migration efforts
- Implemented Shell and Python scripts for CI/CD pipeline and deployment of artifacts on application environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues for customers largely focused aroundAzure VMs,Azure App Services,Azure SQL Databases, Application Gateways, VPN Gateways,Azure AD, andAzure migrations.
- Extended an existing puppet for an operations tools start-up to enable seamless full infrastructure provisioning for site redundancy and staging/development environments.
- Used Jenkins and implemented several CI/CD plugins like build pipeline, Git, JUnit and pipeline plugin.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Puppet.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Worked on theSplunkfor debugging the error and application logging output. It helps me perform RCA during deployment issues.
- Used Docker andOpenshiftto manage micro services for development and testing.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Using Karma test runner extensively for unit testing for end-to-end testing
- Implementation and maintenance using C# for Website development/design
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts.
- ImplementedProtractor and automated
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, ANT, Bash Scripts, Python, MAVEN, Puppet, Web Logic, Perl Scripts, Clear Case, Azure, Protractor, Oracle10g, 11g, Rack space, Shell Scripts, Openshift, XML, UNIX, JIRA, C#, Karma.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Implemented Chef for a start-up to facilitate simple instance management for event driven load provisioning of instances based on averages of Nagios checks.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Utilized kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Responsible for proxy setup between Apache Server and Application Servers,Bonitaand Tomcat.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven
- Implemented puppet for a start up in preparation for compliance requirements due to an impending acquisition by a large publicly traded company.
- Worked with many teams of strength more than 30 and managed 2 release/build engineers.
- Stand by administrator for ClearCase and PVCS.
- Support Integration to OSS and BSS systems, Provisioning, Alarm, Monitoring.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Tomcat Application Servers.
- Created a functional test environment in AWS where the functional tests will run on the EC2 instances dynamically.
- Used Apache Kafkacluster as messaging system between the APIs and Micro services.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Chef, Puppet, Kafka, IBM Websphere, Perl Scripts,Clear Quest, Shell Scripts, Bash, AWS, Bonita, Open stack, XML, UNIX, Tomcat Application servers, Oracle 10g.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Gathering Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Designed CI/CD processes in the context of a Jenkins orchestration, including the usage of automated Build, test/QA and deployment tools.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /CVS.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
Environment: Jenkins, Subversion, CVS, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, LINUX, XML, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked with and supporting multiple World-wide development teams delivering a wide range of Software Applications.
- Oversee all stages of design, development, and deployment of new Java-based vendor application system for financial-services industry.
- Implemented business components using spring modules like Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring MVC, Spring ORM Integration.
- Implemented a security module in AngularJS which integrated with the spring security in the backend with Authentication and Authorization.
- AngularJS Ajax module is used to handle RESTful calls to enable communication between view components and server.
- Worked on Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the EJB 3.0 using annotations.
- Managed Hudson / Jenkins-based build system, producing semi-continuous builds.
- Developed comprehensive Hudson / Jenkins command line tool, vastly increasing.
- Efficiency and accuracy of common, repetitive tasks.
- Prepared specifications for new infrastructure & VMware servers, Disk Storage, Network switches, Routers, Firewalls & VPN’s and Bash Shell scripts for automatic routine activities.
- Worked on designing web applications using HTML, HTML 5, XML, XHTML.
- Enhanced in-house portions of build, completely overhauling master build script.
- Collaborated with software engineers across multiple platform teams, determining.
- Requirements and implementing software build needs for new components.
- Built unified base OS image for family of embedded Linux systems, configuring boards for different personalities via boot-time scripting.
- Designed and supported installation scripts and procedures across multiple product lines and platforms, ensuring smooth and successful installations and upgrades by internal teams and customers.
- Setting and Maintenance of source code repository.
- Defining repository access, backup and restore processes.
- Writing scripts for automation of routine activities.
- Installation of JIRA, and customization of JIRA for workflow, look & feel fields, user & group management etc.
- Installation of Subversion clients on all build environments (including dependent modules).
Environment: Windows/Unix, Microsoft office tools, Java, J2EE, Spring, AngularJS, Virtual Machine, Jenkins, Hudson, JIRA, Clover, JUnit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, NUnit, SVN, Git.