- IT Professional with over seven years of experience in IT specializing in Linux/DevOps engineering and working on server - based OS like Red Hat 5.x,6.x,7.x, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, SUSE, AIX and Solaris as a System Admin, System Engineer and DevOps Engineer.
- Over 3 years of experience in DevOps and Cloud environment, where worked on tools for configuration manager (Puppet/Chef and Ansible), CI/CD (Jenkins), version control (Git) as well as experience in Cloud IaaS with AWS and AWS Cloud Administration including services such as S3, EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, ELB, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudTrail and OPS Work.
- Experience in management of Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on Physical, virtual and AWS cloud servers.
- Experience working on Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Worked on installation configuration of Puppet, Chef and worked on creating Puppet Modules, Puppet Manifests as well as Chef cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment and automation of the infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable on principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and Git and used source code management client tools like Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Configured and managed Nagios for monitoring over existing AWS cloud platform.
- Currently leading an active integration effort for building out PaaS with Red Hat OpenShift, Docker and working with developers on application containerization effort.
- Extensive experience using Maven, Ant and Xcode as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Automating cloud infrastructure setup via AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible Playbook and AWS CodeDeploy.
- Expert in implementing continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Rundeck.
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, network security and security groups, using AWS IAM.
- Experience using Amazon CloudWatch and created alerts for instances.
- Experience working on CI/CD integration and tools like Jenkins and other CM tools.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as Vagrant and Test Kitchen and the treatment of each Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Expert in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement compared to any manual processes.
- Exposed to Hudson, Jenkins and AnthillPro for Continuous Integration (CI) and for end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Involved in installation, configuration of web and application servers like JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Managing monitoring tools like Nagios and hands on experience with Zabbix and Splunk for Network Monitoring/ Resource Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Built and configured more than 1500+ Red Hat Linux physical and virtual servers to support the existing and new applications.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alert of production and corporate servers/storage using AWSCloudWatch / Splunk.
- UsedPuppetserver and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Deployed Puppet for configuration management of existing infrastructure.
- Created manifests and deployment using Puppet to completely provision the server. Created custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with required application dependencies and packages.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, users Mount Points and Packages. Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management of existing infrastructure.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on High Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Auto Scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on virtualizing Red Hat servers using vSphere 6.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter; worked with ESX Cluster and VMotion.
- Integrated Jenkins with SVN source code repository and maintained builds continuously when the developer check-in their code and managed Jenkins plugins for Tests, Reports, Notification, User Authorization and Deployment.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Administered and engineered Jenkins for managing weekly build, test and deploy chain.
- Involved in setting up Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers and in deploying the Content Cloud Platform on Amazon Web Services (AWS) using EC2, S3 and Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Configured monitoring tools like Zabbix for Network Monitoring, Nagios for System monitoring, Splunk for Application performance monitoring and monitoring tools like ELK stack.
- Created and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying micro services and lambda functions using Jenkins CI server. Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jar used during the build.
- Used Docker for virtualization, ship, run and deploy the application securely for to expedite the build/release engineering.
- Deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with PaaS for automated provisioning and deployment, integrated SVN, Jenkins and Chef.
- Created several scripts/apps to monitor and administer all Docker containers.
- Implemented several Tomcat, JBoss instances by using the Docker Engine for running several containerized App servers. Worked on Docker Hub for sharing and managing application stacks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Deployment of web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server. Providing continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time performance monitoring of the Tomcat/JBoss server environments.
- Worked on creating, planning and deploying Nagiosmonitoring server environment as well as managed NagiosHigh Availability solution.
- Worked on Jiraand have understanding of Jira workflows, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Worked on creating, planning and deploying Nagiosmonitoring server environment.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
Confidential, McKinney, TX
- Managed and improvised the build infrastructure for global software development teams including implementation of build, continuous integration (CI) and deployment (CD).
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare VM's as required in the environment.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache, JBOSS, Web sphere, MQSeries, Oracle & IBM Databases on the RHEL and OEL Linux Systems manually as well as through Puppet.
- Worked on patching and maintaining RHEL systems using Red Hat Satellite.
- Created and maintained 1200+ Red Hat Linux/Suse Servers.
- Triggering the SIT environment build of client remotely through Jenkins.
- Installed and configured Nagios as monitoring tool for disk usage, CPU utilization, list of open files etc. and sending alerts to our teams based on the same
- Extensively worked in building Puppet enterprise modules using PuppetDSL to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration automation across the environments.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages
- Wrote Shell scripts, Power shell, Python, and Perl to automate routine tasks like checking log files, selective file removal, disk space utilization, process management and file backups.
- Configured SSL/TLS in every application layer and configuration of mutual authentication, manually using Puppet.
- Documented process & procedures for CM framework (Puppet, Chef), Continuous Integrations (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo), logging (ELK), Monitoring (Nagios, Splunk).
- Deployed application updates using Jenkins. Installed, configured, and managed Jenkins.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
- Automated Application Server Tomcat, JBOSS A-MQ and WebLogic using chef Cookbooks.
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Setup Chef Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Configured Kickstart server and worked on updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server; Applied patches on Red Hat Linux servers and AIX and performed remote system administration using SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked on planning and implementation of system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades. Installation, configuration and administration of VMware. Automation of jobs through crontab and autosys.
- Collaborated with development and support teams to setup a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker and Wercker, continuous build and delivery tools.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Installed and configured RHEL 4.0/5.0/6 and SUSE 10.x in dev, test and prod servers and later monitored and supported those servers.
- Accumulated application and system logs into Log Stash for centralized monitoring, querying and reporting.
- Involved in SAN migration project from EMC Clarrion to Symmetrix disks.
- Installed and configured Sendmail, DHCP, DNS and Samba servers.
- Created and managed user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring. Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
System Admin (Unix/Linux)
- Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, and UAT/Staging.
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers.
- Responsible for supporting Linux servers for prod, development and testing.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of DHCP, DNS, NFS send mail server.
- Implementing Remote System Monitoring with Sun Microsystems.
- Performed extensive Logical Volume Management (LVM) tasks.
- Performed day-to-day troubleshooting backup and restore problems and troubleshooting for the end users on Solaris and Linux based servers.
- Configured and maintained NFS servers on Linux.
- Setting up Oracle 8 server in Linux/Unix environment.
- Performed installation and configuration of LDAP.
- Performed addition of swap space at run time.
- Worked to resolve TCP/IP network access problems for the clients.