- 6+ years of experience in IT industry as System Engineer, DevOps and Production working on various applications on RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Solaris andvery good experience wif Configuration Management tools, Build, Deploy, Release Management, and worked on Windows Server 2008 - r2/2012-r2/2016 on different platforms and AWS cloud and Azure.
- Involved in deploying teh content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services like EC2 instances, S3, RDS, EC2 EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-Scaling groups and AMI and Hands-on Experience in configuration of Network architecture on AWS wif VPC, Subnets, Internet gateway, NAT, Route table.
- Developed OpenStack infrastructure including code review and worked on automation tools like Jenkins and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications and used Ansible for CI/CD.
- Extensive experience in configuring Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts by creating security groups and firewall rules and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to control user credentials and roles.
- Experience in working wif AWS cloud service like Compute, Network, Storage and Identity & access management and In-depth understanding of teh principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing and experience in Microsoft azure cloud services (PAAS & IAAS), storage, web apps and active directory.
- Hands-on experience in installing and configuring Ansible, creating and running Ansible Playbook for system configuration, managing inventory files and sharing teh roles on Ansible Galaxy, manage playbooks centrally, implemented encryption usingAnsible Vault and creating Reusable Playbooks.
- Experienced in hosting Chef Enterprise On-Premise, Installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes forinfrastructure automationandlocal development testing,usedEC2as virtual servers to hostGIT, Jenkinsandconfiguration managementtools.
- Hands-on experience in WritingChef Cookbooks/recipesusingruby and upload them into chef-serverto automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure likeApache Tomcat and JDK. Managed AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 & ELB wifChef Cookbooks.
- Experience in working on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build using tools like ANT, Maven and deployments in various application servers.
- Expertise in migration and upgradation of application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere and updating JDK versions, applying patches and installing service packages for WebLogic/tomcat server.
- Experience in using ofDockerfor virtualization, containerizing, and deploying teh applications securely to fasten teh Build and Release Engineering, performed automation tasks using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Having good implementation experience wif installation and configuration ofKubernetes, clustering them Scratch designing and preparing which involves several steps like creating nodes, Networks, security models, preparing certificates, credentials, Docker, Bootstrapping teh cluster, API server, Controller Manager, Scheduler, starting cluster Services.
- Worked on creating users and groups and their permissions and roles, startup and shutdown scripts, cronjobs, file system maintenance and creating NFS, Configuring NTP.
- Experienced wifVMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.5Installation/Configuration/Administration wif various virtualization components likevCenter, vSphere, processes like vMotion and created templates for cloning of virtual machines usingVMware Virtual Clientand migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Implemented and maintained Apache HTTPD, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in RedHat-Linux(5x,6x&7x), CentOS (5x, 6x & 7x), Ubuntu, and Windows Server(2008R2/2012R2) Environment and worked in configuring servers using kickstart and PXE Boot installations to initiate installation of Linux on several machines at once.
- Extensive experience in creating LVM (logical volumes), Volume groups and file systems. Increasing and reducing logical volumes, swapping, mounting and unmounting file systems and have strong noledge in RAID Technologies.
- Hands-on experience in writing Shell scripts using Ruby, Bash, shell and Python for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.Knowledge of using Routed Protocols likeFTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPSandDirect connect.
- Monitored teh servers and checked teh network performance using Nagios, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring and logging tools like ELK.
- Worked wifbug tracking tools like Jira, Remedy, Bugzilla and configured various workflows, configurations and plugins for JIRA bug tracker.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Team City & Bamboo
Languages: Shell, Bash, Ruby and Python scripting
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise CVS, Visual SVN, IBM Clear Case, Perforce
Web/Programming: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl, Python, Shell
Cloud technologies: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, S3, Lambda, Cloud Trail, IAM. VMware, Azure
Confidential - Dover, NH
Cloud Engineer/ Automation Engineer
- Provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting AWScloud services, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front and managed IAM accounts (wif MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit and compliance requirements.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) including high availability of ELB using various subnets in various availability zones and used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to Elastic Load Balancers IP's.
- Created python scripts for completely automating AWS services including build server, deploying EC2 instances on AWS environment and Data centers, Cloud Front Distribution, Elastic Search and managing database security groups on AWS.
- Experience in working wifTerraformfor automatingVPCs,ELBs,security groups,SQSqueues,S3buckets, and integrated Terraform wif Jenkins and GIT to achieve continuous integration and test automation framework.
- Experience in deploying applications on teh Azure Platform by developing ARM Templates and triggering it through Azure DevOps.
- Experience in managing multiple Azure subscriptions in automating teh Azure VM provisioning, Blob storage, file blobs, Azure disks for teh Azure VM.
- Automated teh installation ofELKagent wifAnsible playbooksand usedAnsibleto deploy security tools, manage Web applications, Mount points and Packages.
- Used Docker hub to pull images, run containers based on an image, configure automation using containers and implementation of several Tomcat/WebSphere instances by using teh Docker engine for running many containerized application servers.
- Used Terraform scripts to automate future AWS service creations like creating subnets, security groups, route tables and tasks such as encrypting S3 buckets and EBS Volumes backing AMIs.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Docker environment, including Docker registry hub using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container images, container snapshots removing images, pushing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Migrating current application to micro service architecture using docker container technology wifKubernetesand worked on wif REST API and worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud to perform CI/CD on public or private cloud.
- Orchestrated Container applications usingOpen ShiftandKubernetesfor container operations inAWSand worked on creation ofKubernetes Podsand usedKubernetes clusterto maintain Services, Load Balancing and Network policies and provided PAAS on public and private cloud in VMware cloud and improved security using Open shift.
- Worked on Kubernetes control plane to create API objects to maintain Kubernetes clusters in their desired state and run teh applications on them.
- Implemented and automated non-relational databases like MongoDB and Cassandra as well as relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and clusters by creating Ansible Playbooks on AWS and AZURE Cloud and on-premise environments.
- Designing and writing code to develop and configure systems which power Splunk Multi-Tenant Architecture in teh organization and creating Applications on Splunk to analyze teh Big Data and have strong noledge on Splunk components like indexer, search head, forwarder, index replication and indexer clusters and deployment server.
- Created and wrote shell scriptsBash, Ruby, Python and PowerShellfor setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across teh environments using SCM tools like GIT,SVNon Linux and windows platforms and wrote troubleshooting python code for Lambda service.
- Used Python and Flask microframework for developing RESTful API followed by creating an endpoint that returns static data (dictionaries). Created a class wif few specializations and a few endpoints to insert and retrieve instances of these classes and looking on how to run teh API on a Docker container.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling groups and created python scripts to automate teh backup of teh EC2 EBS volumes and configured Cronjobs to create teh snapshots of teh volumes wif teh AWS API for EC2 Instances storage.
- Developed end to end build and deployment automation scripts using MAVEN and associating MAVEN plugins to Jenkins and build teh artifacts in pom.xml files and pushed teh artifacts to nexus associating teh plugins in Jenkins followed by deploying it in Tomcat server.
- Worked on source control management wif GitHub and GitLab Enterprise level repositories including activities like configure user’s access levels, monitor logs, identifying merge conflicts and managing master repository and wrote scripts to back up and restore GitHub repositories and experience in doing checkout wif Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Designed and configured Gerrit above Git for approving changes restricted to selected users other that teh owner. Installed and configured Gerrit client for pushing a commit using different submit types to Gerrit.
- Created automated tests in Jenkins to revert products thoroughly wif each change and performed parallel automated tests which will release teh power of Agile Development and halps to find and fix bugs very easily.
- Worked on migration of teh Jenkins server to Amazon Web Services Cloud and moving of teh jobs from teh Git and Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT followed by teh code quality analysis using SonarQube and fix bugs.
- Experience in working wifAWS deployment services such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Terraformfor efficient deployment of application infrastructure and for automating creation of services like VPCs,ELBs,security groups, subnets, EC2 instances, RDS,SQSqueues,S3buckets, and continuing to replace teh rest of our infrastructure.
- Worked on configuring fully automated server build management, monitoring and analyzing network traffic and security appliances for identify instructions, discover infection vectors and compromised accounts using Splunk.
- Written new plugins inNagiosto monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured using Red Hat Cluster Suite and worked wif implementation team to build and engineer servers onUbuntuandRHEL Linux.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Detailed Support to Customers of MicrosoftAzurein Design, Develop, Debug, And Migration of on Premises Infrastructure into Public or PrivateClouds. Designed and developedCloudService projects and deployed to Web Apps, PaaS, and IaaS.
- Working ascloudAdministrator, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory,AzureKey Vault, Encryption and Security onAZUREusing ARM templates and PowerShell script.
- Planning and implementing Disaster Recovery solutions, capacity planning, data archiving, backup/recovery strategies, Performance Analysis and optimization.
- Working on Ansible, configuring and integrating servers wif different environment, cloud and on-premise which includes designing and patching and also creating new server replica that contains all teh packages and patches for teh environment.
- Troubleshooting theAzureDevelopment, configuration and Performance issues, manage AzureVMs, Networking (Load Balancers, App Gateway, Traffic Manager, etc.)
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks using CI tool like run desk and Jenkins.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration files, Users, Mount points and Packages and drove end to end deployment of various Components on theAzurecloud Platform.
- Developed PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate teh provisioning and deployment process. Configured VM networking wif reserved IPs, Health Monitors, Firewall rules, VM scale sets and availability sets in theAzureCloud.
- Developed Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages. Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Deployed microservices, including provisioningAZUREenvironment. Used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy teh application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering process.
- Creating and Scheduling Cron-Jobs such as backup, System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Regularly collaborate wif engineers in many other Microsoft verticals/disciplines: Browsers, Intune, Networking, Virtualization, Directory Services and App Services.
- Interacted wif multiple teams responsible forAzurePlatform to fix theAzure Platform Bugs. Providing 24/7 support for on-call onAzureconfiguration and Performance issues. Excellent Client interaction skills and proven experience in working independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in migration activities of Java scripts and Database scripts from Oracle, MS SQL Server and MYSQL into different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production on Red Hat EnterpriseLinux.
- Involved in daily meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration wif teh team.
Confidential - Columbus, OH
Build and release engineer/ VMware Administrator
- Working on Project Migrations from TFS 2008 to TFS 2010. TFS Administration, Build and Deployment script generation, perform labeling, Branching, merging and created new build types in TFS, assigned user security levels based on their designation.
- Configured and maintained GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merging in GIT repository and associated it wif Jenkins which is a continuous integration server and performed periodic schedules.
- Worked on troubleshooting and resolving of build and deployment issues and successfully delivered all builds as decided using tools like MAVEN, ANT, Gradle.
- Expertise in working on MAVEN as a build tool on Java applications to develop artifacts which will be saved in Nexus repository by associating teh plugins wif Jenkins.
- Hands-on experienced in working wif different applications and application servers, deployed teh artifacts from Nexus to Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and WebSphere application servers and Internet Information Services.
- Coordinated developers wif establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control and Configured Jenkins for doing teh build in all teh non-production and production environments.
- Hands-on experience in designing and running Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines for continuousbuildand deployment, Installed and administered SVN repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to teh users.
- Wrote Python, Perl and Shell scripts for deployments to WebSphere and WebLogic Application servers. Automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as release process.
- Troubleshooted and successfully resolved LDAP, Site Minder and WAS issues, problem-tickets, worked wif developers to identify teh root cause and resolve teh issue or propose a potential work around.
- Deployed application EARs on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Pre-Production and Production environments daily and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Successfully Configured JDBC drivers and Data sources for application servers to test teh application against various relational and non-relational databases and was responsible for upgrading teh JDBC drivers.
- Worked very close wif teh development team to review code for compatibility issues, troubleshoot and resolve issues and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous and periodic basis.
- Worked on VMware ESXi 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0, migration from Physical to Virtual machines and Managing SAN Data stores wif iSCSI, NFS. Involved in Migration of VMware to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Successfully configured and maintained multiple Hyper-V servers wif multiple platforms including Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008-r2/2012-r2/2016 and Linux servers like RHEL, CentOS.
- Installation and Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless router wif security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router and switches, VLANs (port mapping, naming etc.) and routing IP address in both LAN/WAN.
- Worked in Configuration and Management of vSphere High Availability, VMotion, VAAI, Host Profiles, Network & Storage IO Control, VMFS, Storage Profiles, Resource Utilization, Contention Management and Advanced Performance troubleshooting.
- Monitored virtual infrastructure by using a DRS and HA cluster. That cluster will pool (and load-balance, to some degree) CPU and memory from all ESXi servers in teh cluster. Once placed in a cluster and monitored on cluster memory and CPU utilization.
- Used VMware VMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, Maintenance, Deployments, Update, Monitoring, performance tuning on Linux and experienced in monitoring and debug performance issues on different OS Linux like RHEL and CentOS.
- Involved in setting up and configuring Install Server, Configuration Server & Boot Server using PXE booting for Kickstart process & performed Kickstart to install OS on Linux boxes.
- Installed/Configured Red Hat Linux Cluster 5.x version & configured teh cluster resources and added storage to cluster disks and decreasing or increasing teh disks in teh Linux server.
- Created groups, created login IDs for large number of servers, added Users ID to a group as a primary or secondary group, removing Users ID from a group as well as adding users in Sudoers file.
- Installed, configured and managed ESXi servers using teh vSphere client and VCenter for managing multiple ESXi servers, SAN storage on ESXi servers and assigned teh LUNs to teh virtual machines running on teh ESXi hosts.
- Upgraded RedHat Linux and Ubuntu on various Servers and workstations. Added necessary patches using patch add utility and scripts. Creating teh filesystems using RedHat volume manager and performing teh health check on regular basis for all Linux serves. Designed, built, and used python and bash scripts for Active Directory (AD).
- Created filesystems using Red Hat volume manager and performed health checks on a regular basis for all teh Linux servers and added storage to teh cluster disks and managed teh filesystem size in RHEL.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using teh tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
- Experience in implementing and configuring of Volume Management by using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) using mirroring teh root volume group, and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) wif various RAIDS in LINUX.
- Created and modified swap files and added swap space and configured RAID levels using volume manager.
- Worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe wif parity using RAID controllers on RedHat and Solaris servers. Resolved configuration issues and problems related to OS, NFS mounts, LDAP user ids DNS and issues.
- Built teh RPM packages and updated teh RedHat package manager as well as YUM repository and Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, Packageadministrationand support forLinux systems on client side using RPM and YUM.
- System administration support involving server build, installation, configuration and implementation on Linux, Solaris and AIX servers. Worked on Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Set up and configure small private and corporate network operation systems and infrastructure including servers, routing, switching, DHCP, and DNS. Maintain alerting system regarding network concerns and outages.
- Developed Cronjobs and Bash, Shell Scripts for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Performed FTP, SFTP, VSFTP installation and SSH key password less configuration, OS upgrade, Kernel upgrade, SAN stack upgrade, Vulnerability Threat Management patching.