- 6+ years of experience as a Cloud, DevOps, Build and Release Engineer in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- In depth practical noledge on other cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP, Open Stack.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Ops Works, Elasticache, Cloud Watch, SNS, Route53, Security Groups, Route Tables, Lambda and several other services.
- Experience in dealing wif Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, cloud Services, VPN, Application Gateways and Windows Azure PaaS storages like Blob (Page and Block), SQL Azure, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Worked on UNIX System Administration, server based operating system and kernel configuration on Redhat Linux, Ubuntu wif Continues Integration and Continues Deployment as an iterative process. Extensively worked wif package management YUM & RPM for RHEL/CentOS.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting languages.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana).
- Experience in creating and maintaining various Devops related tools for teh team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Used kubernetes and Docker Swarm to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers wif multiple name spaced versions.
- Experience wif DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like Chef and Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack.
- Expertise in using various repository management tools like Sonatype Nexus, JFrog and Artifactory to deploy and manage artifacts. Configure bug tracking tools like JIRA.
- Worked on JUnit and SOAP UI for testing teh written java classes.
- Experience in Build Automation tools like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Experience at automating teh release process of products using shell scripts wif tools like Apache Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Deployed applications into Production & Pre - production environments wif various application server technologies like Web Sphere, Web Logic, and JBOSS & Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining teh version across teh environments using, Software Configuration Management tools like GITHUB, Subversions (SVN) like GIT, and Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, and Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Exposed to all teh aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), In depth understanding of teh best practices and principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
Languages: Python, Shell (PowerShell/Bash), Ruby, YAML, JSON, Perl, Groovy
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux 4/5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7, Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Windows 2000, XP, 7, Cloud Services, RHEL, Ubuntu, & SOLARIS
Build Tools: ANT, GRADLE, MAVEN, DOCKER, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Team city, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, GIT.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, Simple Storage Service,Cloud Front, Relational Data Base, Virtual Private Cloud, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, Identity and Access Management, Simple Notification Service, AWS EMR, AWS CLI.
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios,Network Protocols WinSCP, SSH, VPN
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack
Production Support: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Vagrant, Hudson, Cruise Control, Puppet, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Salt
Virtualization: VMware Client, Data-center Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM.
Data base technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Worked wif AWS cloud management and chef automation.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3 and load branches.
- Strong noledge and experience in AWS services like EC2, S3, EBS and IAM.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Automated apache-web server configuration, DB server configuration, SSSD configuration LAMP by writing ruby cookbooks in chef.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing teh infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring teh logs and security.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing teh configurations across various nodes.
- Used packer for creating Amazon machines images and installed various software using Chef.
- Managing Puppet wif GIT, Distributing Puppet Manifests. Configuration management tool such as Puppet Chef and Chef Engine.
- Implemented ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log Stash and Kibana) for log indexing.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot teh build issues wif ELK and work towards teh solution.
- Good noledge on container management using Docker in creating images.
- Hands on experience in creating Docker container and Docker consoles for managing teh application life cycle
- Deploying and maintaining production environment using AWS EC2 instances and elastic container services wif Docker.
- Got skillful hands on kubernetes, in managing and monitoring teh cluster.
- Develop CI/CD system wif Jenkins on Google's kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and docker for teh runtime environment for teh CI/CD system to build and test and deploy
- Support of Applications like Apache Tomcat and Java based applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Red Hat, Centos), Sun Solaris and HP-UX Servers.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/'/Sun Solaris OS in a SAN environment. Create and manage volumes in OpenStack.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Enhancing platform services wif Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet, and scripting technologies on GIT and Nexus.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances wif puppet automation.
- Configured Apache webserver in teh Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation
- Experience Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface wif Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in
- Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Writing Chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, Auto Scaling, ELB, Red Hat EL 3/4/5/6, Cloud Watch, EBS, Directory Services, Route53, MS SQL 2012, SQL Server Mirroring, Active Directory, DFS, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, VMware VSphere, Docker, AWS Kinesis, OpsWork, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet. Nagios, AWS Redshift, GitLab, Artifactory.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Responsible for management of complex CI/CD environment having GIT, Jenkins, Docker, AWS & Ansible for multiple development teams.
- Responsible for a Java project using Bamboo and Maven as a build tool.
- Participated in weekly release meetings wif Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated wif teh releases.
- Responsible for designing and deploying teh best SCM processes and procedures.
- Designing and implementing a fully automated server for build management, monitoring,and deployment using Ansible.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures and managing containers.
- Provisioned and configured Tomcat and Apache instances using Shell/Perl/Groovy in uDeploy.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL database on RHEL.
- Installing and management of multiple database systems including Oracle, MYSQL, PostgreSQL on Linux Environment.
- Automated deployments to QA and Staging servers wif one-button-click using Jenkins and bash. This gave alot of flexibility to QA folks to deploy any build on their own.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in AWS cloud, integrating it wif Ansible.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on both AWS and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working wif continuous delivery and build clouds wif OpenStack and AWS.
- Worked closely wif software developers on .NET and SRE to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated wif Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Managing multiple GIT repositories and perform common SCM activities like branching, merging, and tagging.
- Administration of a huge Jenkins cluster consisting of a master and 50+ nodes.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated teh whole process.
- Installed and Configured teh Nexus repository manager for sharing teh artifacts wifin teh company. Responsible for administration and management of Nexus.
- Verified if teh methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in Research of teh project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Linux, AWS, OpenStack, PostgreSQL, Shell, Perl Scripts, Python, Groovy, GIT, Ruby, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in End to End environment setup. Software installation server installation and tools installation etc.
- Managed teh release process, from initial scheduling to actual release coordination through post-release support.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Puppet, for auto-provisioning, code deployments, software installation,and configuration updates.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT wif Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases wif ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Responsible for Set-up, administrate and maintain GitHub, Jenkins.
- Used GIT to manage all teh build release source code and Jenkins for automatically build and deploy.
- Administer and configured Change and Release Management tool suite including Perforce source code, Jenkins build, Maven artifact, and perform Release to customer systems daily.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Puppet, for auto-provisioning, code deployments, software installation, and configuration updates.
- Monitored and troubleshoot environmental issues as needed.
- Participated in release activities wif teh cross-functional project teams.
- Created, maintained, and augmented build scripts.
- Coordinated wif developers, Business analyst, and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in teh production environment.
- Involved in editing existing ANT build files as per changes in teh project requirements.
- Defined, developed, implemented, documented and Evolve continuous integration and delivery tooling and standards for future references.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in teh Linux environment.
Environment: Deploy chain, SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Deploy chain.
- Administered, maintained RedHat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, troubleshooting hardware, operating system application & network problems and performance issues; deployed latest patches for, Linux and application servers, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel tuning.
- Monitored and administered servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, monitoring log files, backup, software patching, configuration changes and documentation.
- Automating teh installation using kickstart and building post install scripts using Shell scripting in RHEL servers.
- Created SUDO access to users on Linux servers.
- Updating YUM repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Installed & configured guest operating system like Redhat on VMware ESX 4.x.
- Configured Logical Volume Manager (LVM), by creating physical volume, volume groups and logical volume.
- Open LDAP administration, providing user authentication and resolving various issues including setting replication between master server and backup server.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
Environment: RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x VMware ESXI 4.x, SHELL Scripting