- Diversified IT professional with several years of experience in telecommunications and IT network/system/server installation, maintenance, and management for global companies.
- Proficient with CISCO and HP networking devices.
- Record of delivering high quality products to clients on time and under budget.
- Expert troubleshooter with innate problem solving skills to quickly resolve technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver outstanding technical support and effectively tackle hardware/software issues by using layman's terminology and helpful demeanor.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to guide and provide technical direction and supervision for a given project.
- Held an active Federal Secret Security Clearance.
- Professional certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA , Network Certification, A Certification, Gravitec Tower Climber Rescue , currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Network Management.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 stand-alone domain controller Solaris, CentOS VM Ware ESX
- Desktop tools: Dame Ware, Remote Desktop, VNC Viewer, Putty, Cygwin Terminal,
- Network Monitoring: Solarwinds, What's Up Gold, KIWI Cat Tools, Rancid , NMAP, Splunk
- Snapshot/Imaging Tools: Altiris, Symantec Ghost v. 8-12 , Clonezilla, Acronis
- Hardware: NAS, desktops, laptops, servers, PDAs IPAQs, SM/MM fiber Cat5/Cat6 and coax cables, Ethernet patch panels punch down blocks,flukes, HP and Dell Switches
- Cisco: 1800, 2800, 2811, 2901, 2911, 3750-E/G/X 3845, 3845, 3925, 4510 series, Cisco and 3Com VoIP phones
- Satellite: iDirect Linkway Com-Tech satellite modems, DSL broadband cable modems, IP accelerators, Satellite antenna control units, GPS satellite handheld , VSAT/IP/VoIP/EoIP systems
- Networks: LAN/WAN, VPN, VOIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Wi-Fi
- Perform critical data backups hosted by a NEO 200s storage unit and Zmanda management software.
- Install and configure network settings on Centos VMWare clients.
- Support and install device hardware such as NIC's, RAM and NAS hard drives.
- Manage HP 2900, 2910al, 5412zl switches for a medium sized network.
- Configure network devices to use SNMP, Radius and SMTP.
- Assign TCP/IP settings and perform firmware updates for Thecus NAS, APC UPS, APC PDU's and APC Netbotz Temp Sensors and HP switches.
- Assemble, rack, maintain and configure equipment which joins the IT infrastructure.
Network Engineer II
- Configured Cisco 3750 2960 Series and HP switches as individuals or switch stacks.
- Managed and installed Cisco 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900 and 4510 routers and 2300 power supplies.
- Provided problem resolution and routine configurations for a multi area OSPF network routed over satellite and point to point Cambium Wi-Fi radios.
- Supported LAN/WAN equipment, services, device IOS's for a large scale network spread out over multiple locations.
- Monitored, identified, diagnosed, documented, and resolved IP network problems.
- Ensured all device configurations are backed up and stored using RANCID.
- Assisted with the preparation of proposals and solutions for future network architecture enhancements.
- Supported the administration and installation of ESX 3.x Virtual servers as well as Linux and Solaris servers.
- Identified and solved router, standalone switch or switch module and HWIC failures.
- Responsible for terminating CAT5/6 cables, punch downs inside network closets and end user wall jacks.
IP Field Service Specialist
- Provided Internet Protocol field service support to military/civilian personnel located in Southern Afghanistan.
- Installed, operated, and maintained 40 satellite communication terminals applying IT/networking signal flow knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, and CPE equipment used in various LANs/WANs.
- Maintained Master Station Log MSL and annotated all significant events for ticket tracking and troubleshooting.
- Monitored network and user usage, and resolved problems with communication facilities and voice/video/data services to minimize downtime per 24/7/365 customer operational requirements.
- Assisted customers on-site or remotely by performing desktop support functions on a daily basis.
- Installed, operated, and maintained tactical mobile Deployable Ku-Band Earth Terminals DKET and Satellite Wide Area Network SWAN communication systems, ensuring minimal downtime to provide reliable communications.
- Provided frequency management for Frequency Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access FDMA/TDMA modems.
- Acquired proper satellite synchronization with corresponding transponders according to transmission plans using spectrum analyzers or built in GPS system tools.
- Configured and operated system components such as Tactical Local Area Network TACLAN , switches, routers, Internet Protocol IP , accelerators, modems, high power amplifiers, and antenna control units.
- Monitored Satellite Wide Area Network SWAN using Solarwinds and other network monitoring software.
- Provided network system support to over 1,000 end users by managing, configuring, and troubleshooting routers and switches in Cisco and Satellite Communications SATCOM network.
- Configured and implemented Virtual LAN VLAN , Network Address Translation NAT , and Access Control List ACL configurations.
- Implemented procedures to identify and mitigate network security threats.
Systems Security Administrator
- Performed system administration, security checks, and other IT duties to support Defense Logistics Agency's Document Automation Production Service DAPS .
- Completed information assurance certifications and information dissemination to superior personnel for DAPS networked workstations and servers outlined by Vulnerability Management Service.
- Installed security updates and made registry edits to complete system vulnerability tasks.
- Ensured internal networked systems met DoD security guidelines using Gold Disk security templates.
- Provided central security administration by use of Group Policy Management Console and Remote Desktop tools.
- Configured and maintained Windows 2003 servers for optimal performance.
Network Administrator Volunteer
- Applied IT educational concepts to setup and manage MS Windows 2003 Domain Controller and Small Business Server network for tax service LAN/WAN.
- Planned, designed, and installed small business WAN comprising 12 workstations, two routers, and Domain Controller over two locations.
Desktop Support Specialist
- Provided computer administration and IT systems support services to over 2,000 end users in LAN/WAN and Microsoft infrastructure.
- Delivered technical support for user applications including SQL, Crystal, Sybase, Citrix, Oracle, and MS Office Suites 2003 2007.
- Maintained, troubleshot, and performed preventative services on IT technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components which supported a hospital's network of 5,000 end users
- Researched, tested, and troubleshot desktop operating systems to quickly resolve application and hardware errors without degradation in connectivity or system integrity.
- Customized LAN/WAN configurations for onsite/offsite end users to meet their specific work needs.
- Connected network wires to patch panels and maintained cabling inside wiring closets.
Dell Certified Desktop Support Technician
Logistics Analyst II
Automated Logistics Specialist