Strategic, intuitive, flexible Information Systems professional. Created and supported server environments, various test labs, education rooms, and graphics centers. Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware, diagnostics, and scripting. Adept with requirements planning, including system hardware and license ordering, project management and solution deployment.
- Linux RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, HP UNIX, Solaris, bash, csh/ksh, Perl, FlexLM
- Windows Server, WSUS, Active Directory, LDAP, Microsoft Clustering Services and IIS
- Vmware ESX, ESXi, Server and Oracle Virtual Box
- IBM Storage DS3400, DS5020 and Network Appliances
- MS Office, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Outlook, NetBackup, Citrix, Symantec, McAfee, Adobe products
- Contractor to IBM Systems Technology Group STG in the Worldwide Power Benchmark Center performing System Administration for Linux, Windows, AIX , storage systems and network switches.
- System builds and support of Linux, VMware and Windows servers as part of complex proof-of-concepts and performance benchmark projects, including integration with enterprise storage, Power-based servers and mainframes.
- Installation of VMware ESX/ESXi to allow virtual machine creation and migration of physical servers to Virtual Machines.
- Improved build time and install flexibility by creating a Linux build server using the open source Cobbler project.
- Researched and improved the imaging process using Clonezilla to rapidly create and deploy system images to many nodes.
- Refined and documented the process used to create a multiple system test environment that uses WebSphere, IBM DB2, java and load generation programs.
- System Administration of over 100 Linux, HP UNIX, Sun Solaris, Network Appliances and Windows Servers used for all aspects of the local 24x7 semiconductor manufacturing environment. Supported system security updates, antivirus suites, NXP internal processes, machine monitoring, off shift availability and remote support for other sites. Built and maintained Linux and Windows Servers used by many test, development and production projects.
- Redesigned several application and Circuit Design CAD Servers by modernizing the hardware, application and supporting scripts onto RedHat Linux servers. Resulting in cost savings while improving system application performance.
- Application Administrator support included Informix database administration, Linux scripting and collaboration with corporate teams to ensure data compatibility with peer sites.
- Designed, and implemented a backup and recovery process using Symantec NetBackup, an automated tape library and an offsite data retention process, improving media tracking and recovery time.
- Improved system reliability by investigated mail solutions and implementing a Qmail mail server, built to handle site manufacturing's mail requirements.
- Improved uptime by migrating to a clustered web solution and removed downtime for system updates.
- Active team member in the creation of a centralized file server cluster using a Dell NAS solution.
- Oversaw the server hardware budget and licensing processes for Linux and UNIX systems.
- System Administration for IBM divisions and assisted other projects while continuing the primary contract.
- Infrastructure Analyst and System Administrator
- Created an Infrastructure Plan for an upgrade request, by reviewing the existing environment and researching improvements options. Setup test servers to help determine proper security, utilities setups and configuration.
- Rebuilt the ISC development, testing and prototype server environment for the Development Support Team, to handle additional 100 development servers from IBM North Eastern region.
- Server machine setup, installation and configuring for Windows 2000 Servers and RedHat Linux as application development and test machines in the DST environment.
- Built a development, testing and prototyping server environment for the Integrated Supply Chain ISC and managed the System Administrator Team.
- Graphics Department machine installs and configuring including some work with Graphics Applications Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, Paint Shop Pro, Print Artist.
- Assist the client support teams on troubleshooting and debugging problems on client machines.
- LAN Administrator of IBM LAN Server for OS/2 and AIX on IBM RISC 6000 servers which was maintaining over a hundred users and developers.
- Programmer and developer for the Information Warehouse project.
- Additional Secondary Contracts for Indotronix International Corporation
- System Administrator to IBM Information Warehouse Development Team
- System Administrator to Philips Semiconductor UNIX
Systems Engineer / Programmer
Development team programmer created a manufacturing integration toolkit with a central set of dynamic link libraries.
Analyzed and corrected software problems for a real time semiconductor manufacturing process.