IT Professional with nearly 20 years experience strengthening business by developing cost effective, flexible and proven approaches in respect to IT initiatives. Highly skilled in leadership, interpersonal skills and creative thinking allow for consistent over achievement. Invaluable experience and continually stay a breadth of technology to maintain Subject Matter Expert status for many forums. Operational, consulting and solution selling roles have provided a solid backbone to work with in all areas of management as well as the engineering level. Have worked with Director, VP and CxO levels as an IT strategist for many years.
Professional Work History
Independent consulting recent role consisted of analyzing customer infrastructures for messaging and collaboration. Work performed included developing RFI, analysis workbooks, gap analysis, project plans and RFPs for customers to solicit solution integration firms. Goals involved working with customers to validate vendor validation, solution integration partner oversight as well as complete solution integration. In addition, was responsible for internal messaging solution Exchange, RIM/BlackBerry BES , Active Directory, etc .
- Contract role to consolidate government entity's Windows 2003 Active Directory and network services infrastructure. Primary goal was to reduce complexity thereby improve manageability for entire Windows infrastructure. Areas of concern included network, Active Directory replication, DNS and DCHP for clients .
- Analyzed Windows infrastructure
- Reduced Domain controller count from 17 to 3
- Reduced DNS count from 19 to 4
- Resolved NT 4 legacy items from within AD
- Client infrastructure services appropriately addressed
- Provided current and future recommendations to further improve infrastructure
Consulting Systems Engineer CSE
- Role requires strong technical competencies and customer relationship skills to provide a high level of technical consultation to internal and external entities to support goals internal and customer . This role encompasses being a 'closer' for business opportunities at any point in the sales process. In addition, many facets include internal 'selling' of ideas, direction and futures
- Drive business by supporting sales staff to close enterprise and commercial customer deals.
- Work with Business Partners to identify opportunities and nurture relationships appropriately.
- Respond to proposals and opportunities to include level of effort, profit and loss analysis.
- Promote Roadmap strategies to customers in conjunction with traditional product and solution approaches
- Inspire business opportunities by presenting and discussion services, solutions and strategies through various venues kick offs, road-shows, seminars, multi-customer events, conferences, etc .
- Strengthen business by fostering internal/customer team approaches.
- Requires being highly skilled in many areas of technology to perform discovery, design and architecture of solutions to map to customer business needs, environments and budgets.
- Present products and solutions, performed Proofs of Concept PoCs as well as small labs to provide core solution functionality.
- Resolve enterprise customer issues that include that involve company products and their integration with other solutions.
- Storage areas of specialty included SAN, NAS, backups, replication, provisioning, virtualization and more
- Software areas of specialty include messaging, database, collaboration, virtualization and more
- Ranked Top CSE for the East Region in Q2 of FY2008.
Senior Microsoft Consultant
- Consultant work to identify and manage building solutions to meet targeted business requirements
- Performed design and implementation planning of MOSS and OCS solutions.
- Gathered customer requirements and matched solution components appropriately to meet design goals.
- Work closely with Developers and Information Workers to determine approaches and identify risk.
- Engaged with strategic customers as project leaders, engagement resource coordinators and Enterprise/Partner Program Managers.
- Held accountable for maintaining a high degree of information coordination between Microsoft Services, Enterprise Sales and Premier Support resources.
- Key measurements for success included the development of effective, long-term relationships with business and technical decision makers.
Infrastructure Architect Promotion
- Consultant work to identify, sell and manage building solutions to meet pre and post opportunities. Worked with Practice Directors in many facets of business relationship building of partners, determine P L analysis on fixed and T M bids and provide direction for future business endeavors.
- Worked with the business to promote and win projects RFI, RFP, etc .
- Strengthened business by engaging partners at appropriate levels.
- Worked with partners to determine internal cost charge back models to support initiatives and costs
- Assisted business to determine in vs outsourcing models in respect to costs and ROI.
- Managed and mentored 20 staff members to facilitate project and internal efforts.
- Coordinated many project entities for all phases of projects, these include prime, sub-prime and external business entities.
- Was key recruiter resource to identify and screen potential employees and consultants.
- Created architecture/design for commercial, enterprise and government customers.
- Responsibilities included assessment, risk analysis and requirements gathering to meet goals.
- Project management duties included interfacing with team s and allocating workloads appropriately to meet contract type fixed bid or T M .
- Many large solutions delivered to include a 250K seat Exchange 2007 HMS implementation, Exchange migrations, architecture for a 200K seat MOSS 2007 pilot, storage architecture for BizTalk 2006 solution.
- Storage designs included vendors such as EMC, NetApp, HP, Hitachi and IBM solutions.
Senior Systems Engineer hired from TEK Systems
- Consultant work to assist building and maintaining business solutions
- Worked with many customers to implement and manage entire IT infrastructures involving infrastructure services, change control, SAP, Siebel, virtualization via multi-tiered and secured environments.
- Development lifecycles were addressed appropriately to maintain business and data flow.
- Reduced costs and increased system stability by automating tasks and standardizing configurations.
- Yearly DR Failover testing was a key factor for the client and success was always achieved.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Contractor responsible for implementing Microsoft infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing and deploying dedicated/secure Windows 2000 infrastructure for a large government agency that consists of over 600 hosts covering 8 sites.
- Role included Active Directory design/administration, security and backup as wells as other operational tasks.
Senior Systems Engineer / Network Engineer
- Engineer responsible for the management and administration of Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco networks solutions.
- Responsible for company's Windows 2000, Linux and Cisco infrastructures consisted of over 300 hosts/clients in 6 sites.
- Improved network availability and security by mapping data flows appropriately and implementing the new design.
- Administered Active Directory and Exchange.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Engineer responsible for the management and administration of Microsoft and business solutions.
- Responsible for company's Microsoft infrastructure and support for all NT based application servers consisting of over 500 hosts/clients in 5 sites.
Roles ranging from Systems Administrator to Senior Systems Engineer
- Provided IT Operational support for various organizations, primarily Telecom
- Infrastructure Services
- Multi site management
- Disaster Recovery Engineer
- Database Support
- Application Support