Information Technology Leader
- Over 15 years of experience in managing, planning, developing and implementing IT solutions, skilled at managing teams and projects. Driven by the strong desire to be successful in all IT endeavors.
- Strategic Thinking: With a focus on making decisions based on short long term goals 1-3-5 year planning .
- Results Oriented: Making sure to see projects through to the end. Developing and implementing new processes procedures to make sure tasks are properly performed.
- Coaching and Mentoring: I have successfully coached my staff and team members to align the goals of the individual with that of the company, achieving success together.
- Aligning IT with Business Needs: Effectively discussing and evaluating the needs of departments and making business decisions based on their needs.
Network, Server and Data Center projects and administration. Current projects include implementation of Windows Software Update Services, Backup Audit Optimization and Windows Server 2003 to 2008/2012 migration Active Directory and supporting servers
DCS Engineer/Network Engineer
Design, Plan Implement networks and servers to project specifications for the railway industry. Designed the network setup for the project for the WVU upgrade project. Setup and performed onsite training at San Francisco Mass Transit Authority.
Senior Network Engineer
Manage the corporate network, server infrastructure and support staff
- Management Support of the IT services for 350 users worldwide, 4 offices 2 in Europe, 2 in Asia .
- Successful Completion of Major Strategic Projects
- Network modernization through upgrades and configuration improvements
- Focus on 1-3 year plans for future growth
- Building Expansion and field network upgrades
- System Network Planning: work with management to create short long term strategies
- Research, Pilot Implement new products: email gmail migration from Exchange 2003 , wireless control system, telephony enhancements, mobile devices and MD management
- Licensing Management Maintenance: Cisco support, Microsoft Licensing
- Vendor Management: Integrators Support providers can provide details , network cabling, suppliers, support providers, internet telephony service providers
- Third Level support for end user support, support helpdesk and lower level support staff to make improvements from education, new hardware or software and processes
- Managing Cisco Network Infrastructure: Nexus 5596, 2960 edge Switches, ASA 5510 Firewalls
- Managed Websense server to control and report on end user internet access
- Managed Wireless Network with Cisco Wireless Lan Controller WLC and Cisco Wireless Control System WCS , involved in setup, configuration and admin. 20 access points, heat maps and guest network
- Managing Active Directory, VMWare, App servers, file print servers
- Manage redundant Cisco ASA 5510 firewalls: Secure remote access, web and application hosting, remote site Ipsec tunnel
- Manage a Cisco Call Manager v8.6 and Unity Express v9.0 . I manage the phone, licensing, user, phone and mailbox administration.
- User administration for corporate ERP system user and group admin . Maintained the Windows server and san environment of the ERP
- Use software hardware tools to look at system trends and future planning to create a 1-3-5 year upgrade plan. Such projects include: PC and Server refresh scheduling, major system upgrades VMWare, Windows Server, San , network upgrades. Evaluating new technology and recommendations for implementation.
- Manage System backups using Appassure
- Work with Director of IT to review purchases and project plans for next year
Teach IT classes part time in the evening. As a current IT professional, I feel that part of my job is to continue the learning process for more technology professionals.
Sample of Classes:
| || |
| || |
| || |
Manager, Network Services
- Manage the network team operations 4 , Windows servers, backups, wan connections and major network projects.
- Administer the network and supporting infrastructure, supporting 350 users and 500 network devices
- Part of team that managed network related projects as a team lead providing technical leadership
- NT to Active Directory, Exchange 2003 to 2008 and various software projects
- Managed contracts with Microsoft Software Licensing, Verizon telco and Cisco hardware support
- Part of the overall budgeting team for the Network Services department 1million
- Implemented VMWare on servers, saved the company 10,000 and built in server redundancy
- Work with firewall Management Company Secureworks to maintain a secure environment with a Checkpoint Firewall and IDS devices.
- Worked with Management and Verizon to create DR site at branch
- Assisted IT Security Manager in implementation of full disk encryption and usb/end point security
- Manage wan connections MPLS to 14 branches and future branch expansion
- Planned and implemented Exchange 2003 to 2007 migration
- Manage corporate wide virus protection software Mcafee and software updates Shavlik
- Manage Windows servers 60 : file print servers, app servers, sql server, active directory and more.
- Developed planned for hardware replacement pc, server printers maintained software licenses
- Managed Websense server to control and report internet access
- Managed Cisco 6509 switch, with multiple vlans
Information Security Analyst
- Lead the network team operations for the entire City of Pittsburgh's operations. Directed new projects and initiatives, managed major network projects while continuing to improve efficiency.
- Managed Checkpoint Firewall, DMZ and any projects relating to security.
- Previous Positions: Network Analyst 1, Network Analyst 2
Technical Skills Summary
| || |