- Highly advanced IT Manager or Systems Engineer with Network Infrastructure Engineering and Enterprise Data Center expertise, specializing in the design and development of wide area networks including networking systems and applications to meet end user objectives. Noted for ability to design and implement technical plans and strategies that reduce cost, increase efficiency, and elevate profits. Outstanding communicator and negotiator with the ability to establish and build internal/external relationships with accountability with a team-based philosophy including writing oil and gas leases, memorandums, and runsheets with Landman experience.
- Committed to high standards of excellence and outstanding job performance.
- In-depth knowledge of legacy, current, and emerging technologies.
- Extremely analytical, capable of identifying and implementing improvement strategies.
- Sensitive to schedules and deadlines with emphasis on planning and prioritizing.
- Eager for new challenges and increased responsibilities.
- Skilled at identifying and solving technical and process-related problems.
- Solid work ethics: dependable, responsible and an accountable team member.
- Proven talent for managing people, projects, and processes.
- Sensitive to schedules and deadlines with emphasis on planning and prioritizing.
- Create and maintain annual budgets and forecasting.
- Ability to relate with diverse groups of people at all levels.
- Extensive business management with balance of creativity and logic.
- Strong vendor negotiations skills in all levels.
- Management skills for software licensing, security, anti-virus, system backups, and disaster recovery.
- Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7/8, WTS, CITRIX, Novell, OS/2, AS400, UNIX, Linux
- Database Servers: SQL, MySQL, SAP 6.2/7.0, Microsoft Exchange 5.5 2003, Faircom, Sybase
- Networking: Cisco, Nortel Networks, HP, 3COM, Checkpoint, Mail Marshall, Blue Coat, Foundry,
- Polycom, Barracuda,
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, RIP 1/2, DLC, ICRC, ACRC, BCMSN, ICND, CIT,
- CATM, CID,
- BSCI, spanning tree, BGP
- Network Management: OpenView, Spectrum, LANDesk Suite, Server Alive, Watchdog
- Data Warehousing: MS SQL 6.5/7, SAP 6.2/7.0
- Technologies: VPN, DSL, T1, T3, VoIP. Cable Broadband, Hugh Hughes Satellite, Polycom Video
- Conferencing, SAP
- Switches/Router: Nortel BLN-2, Bay Networks ARN, Cisco PIX, Cisco 3650, 3650G, 1900, 2900, 3900, Catalyst models, Nortel CES 4500 Contivity 100, Nortel Passport 1200, Linksys, Netgear, Wireless Controllers Cisco 4400, 5508, AP including AP's AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9, 1500 Series, 2600, Series, 2500 Series, 1600 series and 3700 Series.
- Receive trucks and process packages in SAP system. Deliver packages through UAMS to Department's and individual and using
- Motorola handheld scanners for proof of receipt and posting to the SAP system.
- Designed and implemented network infrastructure for new HFW plant. Duties included configuration, implementation, and
- administration of Cisco wireless controller 5508, 7 AIR-CAP15552E and 3AIR-CAP 2602I access Points. Configuration of 25
- plus Cisco 3560 switches and installed to create fiber ring throughout plant. Other task included upgrade of Cisco 3925 VoIP
- phone system to 7.1 for compatibility of new model phones. Installed and managed Windows servers 2003/2008/2012 with
- DNS, DHCP, and Hyper V with Shared SAN HP storage with over 50 TB in a RAID 5 configuration. Performed desktop/laptop
- Setup installation of Win XP, 7, and 8 that included SAP 6.2/7.0, office 2010, and Symantec Encryption, SAP was key to our
- business there supported users a regarding access, connectivity, printing, and connectivity 24/7 for reliable uptime.
- Including data cabling, and user support. Setup, configuration, and administered Barracuda Backup Sever 690 at both
- plants for reliable data backups. Also responsible for implementing security cameras and 16 port DVR system as well as 19
- monitoring cameras throughout plant to help operators perform their job. Setup admin offices with Polycom audio/video
- conferencing that included configuration, running audio/data cabling, optimize bandwidth, and configuring IP and network
- settings. Also added other video conference site in address book for quick connectivity. Once online I was primary support for
- any issues or problems regarding audio/video conferencing. Other duties included management of contractors and provide
- management with updates. Administer Motorola 9500 and 3100 handheld scanner with images and SAP access. Support users
- with Windows 7, office 2007/2010, and various other programs including encryption for laptop users.
- Responsible for Arkansas and Missouri markets for configuration, installation, and maintenance of broadband
- connections. Duties include configuration of Cisco, Juniper, and Adtran routers and switches. Addition responsibilities
- included monitoring and maneuvering customers and circuits to keep utilization below 80 for improved customer
- performance. Attended meeting that included future technologies, best practices, and current issuers related to company goals
- and objectives. Also provided addional reports to senior management regarding my markets as well as alternative solutions.
Responsible for replacing HP Media Server with 2 Windows 2008 Standard Servers used to house all corporate data, Landman documents from running title, and leasing document produced from curative department. Setup remote access via Internet and setup 3 VPN connection for offices in Vernon Texas, Pecos Texas, and Hays Kansas. Also installed Polycom Video Conferencing Systems in the 3 office as well. Additional duties included research and gathering documents from courthouse or abstract plant in the county or parish where the land is located. Collected deed records probate, mineral rights, and prior leases records to determine who the mineral owner is of a certain piece of property. Checking ownership of the tract throughout the last 100 years and seeing if any mineral reservations occurred or any wells were drilled. Create run sheets, flow charts, deed plots, and MOB containing exact percentage of Surface and Mineral Interest with ownership breakdown. Responsible for lease preparation, lease packages, curative work on title opinions, memorandums, ratifications, exhibits and bonus receipts. Interact with land owners and the signing of legal documents and courthouse filings with the County Clerks Office.
- Provide all IT support on Windows 2003 Servers using AD. Also support all Windows XP desktops in every area. Duties
- include system backups, manage anti-virus using Kasperski and Nod32, as well as all Window updates for servers and desktops.
- Develop and manage vendor relations, purchasing, plan projects, manage and execute implementation and rollout while
- reporting directing to President of the company. Other duties include WAN management, Web Page and site design,
- www.beseenstore.com along with support of QuickBooks, Misys Manufacturing database using MySQL and program support.
- Relocated networked systems for retail Cingular Stores to AT T infrastructure in multiple locations during their upgrade.
- Modified the IP subnet to connect to AT T's network on desktops as well as made IP changes to the Cisco router and their
- Nortel VOIP phone system.
- Provided ASP client support on Windows 2003 server platform using active directory and Citrix Presentation Server. Duties
- included Network design, administration, and client support via phone and remote utilities such as RDP, Citrix shadowing, and
- VNC. Other duties include server installs, WAN connectivity, and data center administration including SQL Exchange.
Design and implementation of corporate WAN based on 400 remote sites. Design includes Network infrastructure, network topology, data communication methods, and hardware. Other components include naming schemes, TCP/IP addressing scheme, and email system selection. Network design consists of Microsoft NT 4.0/2000/2003 Servers operating in a multiple domain environment using TCP/IP. Software implementations include Citrix Metaframe Farm, Check Point Firewall, Websense website filtering, and Mail Marshall for email content filtering working with Exchange Server 5.5. WAN connections consist of Bay Network Routers connected via MCI Frame Relay at speeds of 56k, through T1 to host Bay Networks BLN-2 Router. Other WAN connection consist of Nortel Network Contivity 100's connected to DSL Cable broadband connection back to host Nortel 4500 Contivty for secure VPN. Setup and Administered 4 sites using Polycom Video Conferencing systems. Other duties include managing the IT department of 7 employees. Establish and maintain vendor relations for WAN connections, Software licensing, hardware purchasing, Offsite Media storage, and Disaster Recovery. Started as Network Engineer of Information Technology and later prompted to Sr with management duties. Recognized with press releases from Microsoft, Citrix Systems, Nortel Networks, and PreEmpt D/R for sound and effective Enterprise Data Center and WAN.
Work on special projects that include building Novell 3.12 servers from motherboard on up to replace the company's primary server in token-ring network. Install NT remote utilities for NT 4.0 server administration from 95 clients. Configured RAS on NT 4.0 server with Digiboard and 6 USR modems for user dialin. Setup a APC UPS for all servers and install Powerchute software configured to page personnel in case of power outages. Also upgraded Lotus cc:Mail software to version 6.0 and installed Organizer configured for group scheduling in conjunction with cc:Mail. Additional duties include backing up permanent Network Engineer while she was on maternity leave.
- Design implement WAN for remote banking centers, establish mainframe connectivity for PC's and Resolve system security audit issues. Lead NT Server Conversions from Novell Servers in Dallas and Austin locations including transferring data and program applications. Interact with Management on hardware/software requirements and selection. Build NT 3.51 servers and install in banking centers connected to WAN via 56k line using Bay Network Routers. Document and create procedures for hardware and software installation for Techs Helpdesk Staff. Support 9 NT Servers, 13 Novell Servers, 1000 users in Dallas/Austin combined. Design, build, implement servers, load/install software, and assist users w/tech-network problems. Also build manage 8 cc:Mail PO's, 2 cc:Mail routers. Supervise Network Techs assist and train Help Desk in daily operations. Accomplishments include implementation of Wire Transfer System, Credit Reporting System, and Intel Storage Unit Express system for daily backup. Additional responsibilities are beta testing Windows 95 and NT 4.0 and implementing rollout procedures for them. Setup Rumba Office on user desktop to access SNA Server for connectivity to the mainframe in Austin.
- HARDWARE: HP, Dell, Compaq, IBM Servers Desktops 286 P4/Xeon, Bay Networks BLN, ARN, and Accelar 1200
- Router Switch, CES 4500, II 100. Synoptic 3000 5000 series hubs, Bay Networks 350T and 28115 switches. Baystack 101 hubs, Cabletron hubs, Intel Backup System, HP DLT 7000, SureStore LTO Ultrium, Spectra Logic Tape Unit, Tandem Computers, VAX/VMS, Amdahl 5995, Digi Modems, Cisco 1601, Adtran TSU100, Accend Routers, AS400, IBM 36, Wang 85, HP II HP 3330 Printers.
- NETWORK: NT Server 3.x/4.0/2000, NT WS 3.x/95/98/4.0/2000/XP, Novell 3.1x/4.1, WTS 4.0, Citrix Metaframe 1.x/XPa, MS SQL, SNA, IIS, Exchange, SMS, Proxy, Unix AIX, Fiber Channel, Ethernet 10/100/1000mb, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, Token Ring, Betrieve, Scalable SQL, Extra 95, Open Advantage, Irma Mainframe, Lotus cc:Mail 5.12/6.0, Arc Serve, Legato Networker, IE 3.x/4.0, Frame Relay, T1, 56K, Frac T1 Circuits, ISDN, Netscape.
- SOFTWARE: MS-DOS 3.3/6.22, MS Windows 3.1, OS/2, MS Office 95/97/2000/2003, Lotus Smart Suite 3.0, Word Perfect 5.x/6.x, Oracle Database, Pkzip, Winzip, Norton Utilities Antivirus, McAffee Antivirus, Site Manager, HP Openview, Optivity, Sniffer, Quick Expense, PageMaker, Corel Draw, ACT 2000.
- LANGUAGES: COBOL, HTML, Assembler, OS/JCL, Turbo Pascal, BASIC, and Tandem Exec.