SUMMARY: Jacob has a unique combination of Technical and Managerial skills combined with an excellent Retail background having worked both in the field and in corporate IT for Best Buy and Hastings. Jacob has eight years people management experience in addition to the Project Management experience he acquired as a programmer at Hastings, SNC and IT Trailblazers and a current Division Leader with Primerica. In depth experience working with EXE WMS, Informix 4gl and Genero retail store, WMS, and corporate systems running on both Unix and Linux platforms. Jacob has managed EDI, HL7, and HIPAA transaction sets at Hastings, State National Companies, and Sears/Kmart managing from receipt/response, ETL, and retrieval for Corporate Product Inventories in the retail and insurance industries and patient domain maintenance of Kmart Pharmacy's EMPI in the healthcare, insurance and pharmaceutical industries. Jacob works with managers and trading partners to analyze performance matrices to improve business. Jacob has excellent communication skills with proven success in any role that he has been responsible for. Jacob has an ability to communicate with both technical and retail users by speaking both languages while designing and developing systems for those customers. Jacob is a licensed life agent in the state of Texas, a FINRA series 6 and 63 licensed agent and has demonstrated an ability to connect with both his team of representatives and stable of clients effectively.
- Hire and train representatives in the assisting of families through creation of a customized, confidential and complementary financial needs analysis.
- Oversee the transactions of all of my team reps in DFW, Amarillo and El Paso regions.
- Create customized financial needs analysis for our client families and assist them in the implementation of the recommendations contained within.
Senior Informix Consultant to Sears
- Handle 2nd and 3rd tier problem tickets for Sears Holding Companies modified version of EXE WMS KEXE for K-mart Regional Distribution Centers, KIN back office application in-house Informix 4gl and Genero application suite used by K-mart stores for all back of store functionality, and also actively participate in troubleshooting issues with files from the Mainframe corporate systems via MQ system. Resolution implementation including code changes, data changes and procedural coaching to the end users. Initiation and implementation of enhancements to the WMS system.
- HIPAA certification maintained and troubleshooting of EDI/HL7 feeds to build and maintain K-Mart Pharmacy EMPI.
- Manage the offshore and other onsite resources from India and oversee their development as support analysts.
Senior Systems Engineer
Maintain, Improve and Upgrade the JC Penney Supply Chain Management software including applications in c, 4Js, c shell scripts, Informix stored procedures and Informix 4gl applications and also TIBCO.
- Maintain, Improve and Upgrade the SNC EDI software. This includes HP EDI Asset and in-house batch scripts, shell scripts, Informix stored procedures and Informix 4gl applications.
- Coordinate with SNC's trading partners to ensure all appropriate institutional transactions are included in the daily EDI 811 transaction files, and that appropriate 997 response files are encrypted and sent back.
- Maintain and improve the automated transaction posting ATP software which includes in-house Informix 4gl and Informix stored procedures.
- Manage weekly deployments of ATP additions and upgrades.
- Research and fix ATP data issues as they arise.
- Document the EDI data and business flows using Microsoft Visio.
- Research and recommend plan of action for upgrading code source control from SCCS to a branching source control solution SVN .
- At Hastings we managed our own projects, gathered requirements from the end users and managed the project all the way through the SDLC to support while maintaing SOX compliance. Used EXCEL and Word to document project status and SmartDraw or Visio for design diagramming.
- Worked with VeriPhone to convert the rental customer membership process to paperless.
- Major upgrade of the Manhattan PkMS system including a rewrite of the scripts moving the data out of the staged DB2 tables and into the Informix tables to be processed by the in-house inventory management systems.
- Implementation of the VeriPhone device usage for all registers in the company over 1000 devices . Certification
- Conversion of the store server systems from SCO UNIX to Red Hat Linux.
- Hired in to be a front end manager at the store level, was promoted three times within 6 months to Guest Service Coordinator to handle all the hiring for a retail location and traveling around TX, NM, Kansas and OK to show the store managers in the field how to utilize all store systems that are internally developed including Cash Register POS system, replenishment system and HR systems that tie in at the corporate level to a PeopleSoft HR/Benefits/Payroll system.
- Maintained hiring and training for staffs of 10 to 100 employees.
- Traveled nationwide to train key employees in best practices.
- Assisted Managers in reviewing Corporate generated performance reports and creating actionables from these reports in terms of personnel, merchandizing and expense controls to drive business decisions.
PC Area Manager, Geek Squad Senior
- Managed a team of 10 to 25 people
- Prioritization of pending and upcoming projects
- Creation and implementation of new procedures, applications and scripts used in the completion of tickets
- Interviewing, Hiring and Development of technical and retail staff
- Experienced leading a team of workers in a high paced retail environment.
- Managed a team of 5 to 15 technical experts.