- Seasoned professional with 12 years of IT and business experience
- Sr Palo Alto and Fortinet Firewall Engineer
- Bluecoat Proxy Certified engineer.
- Expert knowledge of helpdesk, network support and design, installation and monitoring in addition to Cisco IOS and routing protocols - RIP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Designed, maintained and monitored complex networks in a premier financial services corporation. Presented detailed LAN/WAN enterprise technical design solutions and in depth security approaches. Configured and maintained primary and secondary Cisco ASA, Fortinet, and Palo Alto firewalls. Created detailed network analysis reports that helped in the optimization of network flow based on applications and user needs
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Network and network monitoring software: Microsoft Operations Manager, CSPM 3.1, Ciscoworks 2000, Cisco IOS, Insight Manager, WhatsUp Gold, HP Openview and Attention Notification System
- Routers and Switches: Cisco Routers and Switches
- Firewalls: Palo Alto SME , Fortinet SME , Checkpoint Splat Checkpoint IPSO , Cisco ASAs 5500 series
- Proxies: Bluecoat and Netcache
- Programming Languages: Shell Scripting ksh, bash, csh
- VOIP: Cisco's Call Manager, Cisco Unity voicemail system.
- Software and Tools: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Symantec Anti-Virus, McAfee EPO 3.5, VirusScan 8.0i Visio, WordPerfect , Citrix Thin Client Framework.
- Operating Systems: Mac Os, Microsoft Windows and UNIX AIX, Solaris, BSDI, Linux, FreeBSD
Lead Network Security Engineer
- Lead architect for the next Generation Datacenter migration with the integration of Palo Alto 5060 series and 7050 series. Developed the architectural documents, the BOM, and aided in the purchase of the Palo Altos.
- Architect the placement of the Palo Altos, the security policies, which include the strategic deployment of AppID and UserID based rules.
- Trained firewall engineers on the Palo Alto firewalls, and the management device Panorama.
- Worked with Information Security on evaluating and integrating IPS, Threat management and vulnerability from different vendors. Also worked with the information security team to develop new standards for firewalls policies and deployement.
- Hired to work as the lead security engineer on the Network Modernization project for Tiaa-Cref.
- Migrated network security policies from Netscreen and ASA firewalls to Fortinet firewalls.
- Implement firewall rules firewalls on Cisco ASAs, Junipers, and Fortinet firewalls.
- Maintain code upgrades, and hardware upgrades on Cisco ASAs and Fortinet firewalls.
- Per client requests, stage and implement proxy changes, such as proxy rules and PAC file changes on Tiaa-cref's Bluecoat proxies
Network Security Engineer Consultant
- Assigned as the lead engineer that migrated Cisco Pix firewall policies to Checkpoint firewall policies for the Tempe to Oxmoor project.
- Install and upgrade Nokia firewalls both IPSO and the Check Point Software.
- Perform Troubleshooting on Checkpoint Splat and Nokia firewalls.
- Create supporting documentation to standardize the new product implementation, and upgrading procedures.
- Create new implementation document to support new firewall installs
- Create new shell scripts to minimize the Checkpoint Splat firewalls deployment.
Network Security Engineer Consultant
- Implement network security policies for major AT T clients.
- Implement site to site VPNs, user VPNs using Cisco ASAs, Cisco VPN concentrators, Juniper Netscreen firewalls, Linux OpenSwan, and Checkpoint.
- Implement firewall rules for the following firewalls, Cisco pix, Cisco ASAs, FWSM, Checkpoint, Lucent, iPolicy, and Cisco routers.
- Implement proxy changes on bluecoat and Netcache proxies.
- Recently promoted to the Site Acceptance team. Work as a Security design engineer, who develops procedures and network security management policies, creates and maintain security policy documentation for major clients.
Disaster Recovery and Senior Analyst
- Provide network, software and hardware support to over 300 Hedge Fund clients providing VPN connectivity installation and support.
- Implement and support the disaster recovery DR infrastructure with the use of DR software XOsoft.
- Design and document the hot sites infrastructure and provide detail run-book documentation to the clients.
- Responsible for implementing a new Network operation Center that will support the Dell and HP servers.
- Provide training and leadership for the overnight shift.
- Work with advanced technologies team in supporting the following network equipment: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco PIX firewalls, Cisco VPN concentrators, HP switches.
- Configured and maintained Cisco's VOIP solution Cisco Unified Communications Manager on linux based servers.
Network Installation, PC support, Network Security Design and Installation
- Created network design overhaul plan and restructured several small and large businesses networks.
- Designed and installed and maintained Symantec antivirus enterprise edition virus protection for smaller businesses.
- Provided technological expertise and implementation of new bandwidth solutions that were not only faster, but that saved the company tremendous amount of money. Solved complex bandwidth issues using packet capture software and network management analysis tools for multiple interconnected medical offices.
- Migrated from Microsoft Windows NT servers to Microsoft Windows 2000 servers, and served as the Systems administrator.
- Served as a liaison between the doctors and the software support companies. Served as a project manager who translated business functionality needs into what was needed to accomplish goals technologically.
- Migrated flat Microsoft access database to Microsoft SQL server to enable multiuser data entry for medical records.
- Installed and configured Microsoft SQL database server and databases.
Global Incident Handler Consultant
- Ran the global operational aspects of the managed anti-virus program for over 60,000 clients
- Set and enforced anti-virus policy, coordinated anti-virus rollouts with anti-virus administrators, worked with anti-virus vendors during incidents.
- Directed anti-virus administrators and other system administrators on containment and remediation during a security/virus incident. Improved the overall efficiency of the anti-virus and security incident response programs.
Cisco PIX firewall Security Engineer/ Network Engineer/ Network Monitoring and Alerting Specialist
- Responsible for helpdesk support of 120 users by providing quick resolution with hardware and software related issues.
- Designed and maintained the CSFB security topology within CSPM Cisco Secure Policy Manager .
- Configured, installed and maintained Cisco IOS running routers 7206 and MSFC2 cards running Cisco IOS.
- Utilized Insight Manager, WhatsUp Gold, Microsoft Operations Manager and voice notification software to implement a monitoring system that is crucial to the production state of major critical systems.
- Configured and maintained the primary and backup Cisco PIX firewalls within the overall network design parameters.
- Developed and implemented the Symantec Antivirus architecture that protects in-house and mobile users.
- Utilized Ciscoworks 2000 to provide detailed inventory of all network equipments and performed syslog analysis of all PIX firewalls, 6509 Cisco switches and MSFC2 cards.
- Supported and configured Blackberry clients, configured Palm OS devices and set wireless clients configurations.
- Configured and maintained the Cisco Unified Communications Manager solution for VOIP.
Network and Security Design Manager/ Network Engineer/ Network and Unix Administrator
- Managed team of 10 computer and network technical professionals including their daily responsibilities, long, mid and short-term projects and annual performance evaluations.
- Project manager in LAN and WAN implementation projects. Utilized project management methodology and tools for planning and scheduling. Kept projects within budget and improved the quality of implementation processes.
- Designed client's Internet environment and managed use of Internet address, and Domain Name spaces.
- Implemented bridging and routing solutions for LANs, WANs and VPNs, as well as Internet firewall security.
- Provided end-users with access to cost-effective inter-company electronic mail, file services, and database applications.
- Implemented and managed network security system.
- Used industry standard security practices, such as firewalls and encryption, to prevent vulnerabilities during Internet and Virtual Private Network VPN data transactions.
- Implemented security standards from within the enterprise to prevent unauthorized access to the infrastructure and corporate data.
- Provided ongoing capacity planning and design analysis of LANs and WANs.
- Utilized PC and Unix-based network management applications to collect performance data, document network layout, and perform problem analysis.
Unix/NT Administrator/ Network and Systems Security Expert
- Administered and maintained all UNIX and Windows server platforms, including IBM RS6000 AIX systems and Linux, and Windows NT to keep an optimal performance.
- Installed, configured and maintained both primary and secondary DNS servers on a UNIX environment.
- Designed, configured and maintained network security using Cisco's PIX firewall solution as well as checkpoint firewall.
- Configured all access lists on distribution Cisco routers to provide basic security.
- Reconfigured all AIX unix servers and Windows NT systems to provide optimum security and to conform to the recent systems security audit. AS400 operator.
- Migrated the DB 2 database server tables on the AIX unix server to Microsoft SQL Server for better integration with the Windows Servers.
- Provided helpdesk phone support to external clients and troubleshooting of internal clients PC hardware and software issues.
- Created initial post implementation support of enterprise environments.
- Maintained DNS, NFS, DHCP, Samba, Net talk, mail, web, and FTP services on AIX, Solaris and Linux Platforms.
- Installed, managed, and administered mission-critical MySQL databases.
- Specified and controlled platform builds and application rollouts.
- Performed pre/post upgrade on AIX and Solaris based servers.
- Researched, installed, and tested software updates and patches to support applications and various operating systems. Ensured secure operation of all servers and services though the use of security and encryption tools such as SSH, SSL, and PGP.
- Configured and maintained all Windows NT servers and IIS cluster servers.
Promoted from Helpdesk Specialist to Network Administrator within several months.
- Configured and installed network hardware including Cisco routers, Cisco LAN switches, and 3com Total Control Hub devices.
- Performed Troubleshooting on a large scaleable internetwork to resolve hardware as well as software problems. Responsible for network hardware configuration, IP routing, new line fiber, T1, digital PRI installs.
Provided phone support for internet subscribers, including modem configuration, dial-up software configuration, and OS support.