- Enterprise Infrastructure Services Infrastructure Project Manager
- Establish consistent process to review and revise existing technology in the SunTrust computing environments and ensures that these processes are seamlessly integrated into existing practices.
- Drive the effort to define and establish a consistent framework governing all tasks and processes procedures, etc. for the engineering and delivery of new technology into production.
- Leads assigned project from initiation through entire life cycle of and is accountable for the project delivery including schedule, scope, and budget , implementation, and maintenance of project documentation
- Prepare presentations related to risk management, incident mitigation, change management, power maintenance events, and disaster recovery activities, etc.
- Coordinates all aspects of infrastructure builds, implementations, and validation services including client communications and presentations, project updates as required regarding any conditions that impact deployment, testing and recovery of critical systems, services or applications.
- Plan and coordinate activities, and interface with internal divisional participants in executing the technology operationalization process.
- Work with all areas of technology to establish the scope and goals of projects, provide leadership in defining and delivery of project initiatives.
- Participates in the development of the enterprise technology standards, interfacing with and supporting all infrastructure technology domains as well as the application development groups to ensure consistent delivery of new technology to the enterprise.
Technology PMO Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Collaborated with stakeholders to determine the project scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, budgets, and risks per standard methods and practices.
- Worked with DOC business units to elicit requirements via interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Modeled the infrastructure and agency landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with technology solutions.
- Developed specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assess the compatibility and integration of products/services and proposed standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Monitored and documents project status anticipate issues and resolve or escalate to the appropriate level of management for resolution in order to ensure proper project completion within schedule and budget constraints.
- Coordinated project closeout including project post-mortem, knowledge transfer, and ownership activities for project deliverables upon formal acceptance by project sponsor.
- Provided overall leadership of the project team providing direction, guidance, and oversight to team members in order to ensure successful completion of assigned performance objectives within established time and budget constraints.
- Assisted in setting standards and guidelines on how to unambiguously and systematically define and describe business and functional requirements for information systems projects.
- Produced high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Developed recommendations and the associated cost/benefit analysis for appropriate third party technology components and necessary custom solutions to support the execution of the architecture transition roadmap.
Global Wealth Management Infrastructure Project Manager
- Lead a team of 10 engineers in the build of a heterogeneous application infrastructure in support of the Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney joint venture. The application environment consisted of MS web and application servers, Linux/WebSphere application servers, pointing to mainframe and SQL database systems.
- Followed a structured methodology for configuration management across the SDLC leveraging HP Service Manager for change management and custom shell scripting and Bladelogic for change execution.
- Applied understanding of interactions and dependencies across IT organizations to facilitate collaboration between teams in an effort to efficiently deliver technical solutions.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring diverse project teams of Systems Engineers, Application Support Engineers, DBAs, Developers among others in the daily resolution of technical issues related to the build and deployment of new environments JV, UAT, performance and QA in support of joint venture and QA activities.
- Lead and documented application migration process, lessons learned, and work to streamline and improve the process for subsequent migrations leveraging industry best practices including ITIL and CMMi.
- Ensured that appropriate risk management policies, procedures, processes, and standards are incorporated into daily assignments and work flow processes and is responsible for maintaining high levels of awareness as related to the bank's risk management policy.
- Assisted in capacity planning, resource modeling and performance measurement for various proprietary applications running on Windows/IIS, and RedHat/Websphere systems.
- Managed project resources with the goal of transforming monolithic software and static, underutilized server farms into scalable services by leveraging the latest advances in grid and cloud computing resulting in better performance, higher availability, faster time-to-market and much lower operational costs.
- Created and maintaining performance metrics to senior management, reporting on all aspects of application infrastructure performance and support with an emphasis on improving service delivery throughout the IT organization.
- Worked with MSSB DR Team to failover the production environment for validation of the BCP procedures, infrastructure and BAU processes for maintaining a consistent, healthy disaster recovery environment.
Worldwide Securities Service VP -Systems Engineer Lead
- Built and tested VMware platform in strict conformance to enterprise VMware standards, with accountability to the enterprise Windows Server Technology organization, and performed migration of eligible applications to that platform.
- Installed, maintain and support Windows Servers 2003/2000 in a distributed heterogeneous environment consisting of over 1000 nodes in various configurations including Application, Database SQL Server 2005 and Web IIS, Apache platforms.
- Leveraged VMware to rapidly and strategically deploy new Wintel systems. Including the build-out of POC environments for validation of the Windows 2003 -2008 migration path as well as to satisfy application development, quality assurance and business production systems requirements.
- Experience with Windows security, including administration of PKI authentication, policies, practices and procedures, token issuance systems and device certificates.
- Managed project to deploy Symantec Enterprise Security Manager in an effort to identify and manage the remediation of existing security vulnerabilities in a 1000 node Windows server environment.
- Collect and analyze monitoring and performance metrics via scripting in order to generate reports and manage the design and implementation of improvement of existing as well as new systems.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and updates of systems related software, firmware, operating systems/security patches and upgrades.
- Responsible for product evaluation and recommendation including but not limited to: MS SMS, MS Windows 2008, Infovista, and Symantec ESM.
- Worked with the Information Risk team to perform and respond to information technology assessments and audits of organizational systems and processes, interpret results, and develop and communicate recommendations for improvement to management.
- Lead a team of Systems Engineers to provide 3rd level application/server support for Internet banking system servicing 3 million enrolled and 1.5 million active users on a heterogeneous infrastructure consisting of Windows 2000-leveraging IIS5 and .NET, Unix, Tandem and Mainframe systems.
- Provide end-to-end solutions for new web and application server implementations by leading teams of Systems Engineers to architect the hardware and software solution as needed for the new product to best meet both the standards of the bank and the performance needs of the business.
- Responsible for developing release management and production implementation techniques to ensure releases are smooth-with minimal downtime, error-free, and easily rolled-back.
- Worked with team to provide disaster recovery planning, design and implementation, leveraging EMC's SAN technology to replicate between multiple data centers.
- Assist in formulating tactical and strategic plans to continuously improve process, procedures and overall level of service contributing to the advancement of the group's CMM rating.
- Lead implementation teams to provide enhancement in features for the Chase Online Banking service, which include but are not limited to check imaging, statement imaging, tiered authority, etc.
- Implemented fault tolerant storage strategies leveraging EMC storage technology utilizing fiber channel connectivity, RAID 1 and 5 in an internal configuration as well as external SSA and RAID arrays.
- Provided 7x24 support for Intel systems running Windows NT Server in large 300 server environment consisting of mission critical applications where minimal downtime is necessary.
- Worked with team to design and implement multi-tier environments involving Windows NT Enterprise Servers, IIS4 web servers, AIX, Solaris, Metaframe and Mainframe systems.
- Configured servers for optimum availability using load balancing, clustering and various fault tolerant network and storage area network strategies.
- Interfaced with business units, developers and vendors in the evaluation of an application's hardware requirements as well as product compliance to standards and practices of the GIS data facility.
- Installed and configured Compaq Servers with Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows NT4 Servers as a resource for DNS, WINS and DHCP name and IP address resolution services.
- Developed system run-books for maintenance and troubleshooting of Wintel-based systems including but not limited to inventory, software deployment, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Audited security and disk space usage. Work closely with security and storage management groups to rectify any potential issues.