Seeking a position in the field of Network/Computer/Information Security where I may utilize skills and knowledge to provide outstanding information security support services to an employer.
- Server Administration
- Network Administration
- Desktop Systems Administration
- Enterprise Antivirus Management
- Policy Planning Implementation
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Data Backup/Integrity
- Spam Filtering
- Content Filtering
- Network Monitoring
- Digital Forensic Investigation
- Firewall Administration
- Two Factor Authentication
- Application Whitelisting
- Phishing Assessments
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Operating Systems: Proficient with Microsoft Windows 98/XP/Vista/7, Server 2000/2003/2008
- Familiar with Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Cisco IOS/ASDM, Checkpoint
- Tools/Utilities: Proficient with Bit9, Alert Logic, RSA SecurID, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Symantec Backup Exec, Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, Application Performance Monitor, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, VirusScan Enterprise 8.5/8.7/8.8, DLP, HIPS, SiteAdvisor, Endpiont Encryption, Barracuda Web and Spam Filter, HP Systems Insight Manager, Websense, Webtrends, APC Infrastruxure Manager
- Familiar with Splunk, Snort IDS, IPTables, Cisco ASA, AccessData Forensic Tool Kit FTK , Guidance Software EnCase Forensic, SpamAssassin, Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee Web Gateway, Tripwire.
Security Architect: At Critical Start was responsible for deployment and maintenance of security applications such as Bit9, RSA SecurID, Rapid7 Nexpose, and Splunk as well as providing vulnerability scanning and assessment services, simulated phishing campaigns creating application documentation for client use. Attended training and conferences to promote Critical Start services to various potential clients and improving those relationships to foster trust.
- Managed concurrent deployment and configuration of Bit9 application whitelisting at 3 departments for the city of Houston Houston Police Department, Houston Airport System, Public Works
- Deployment of RSA SecurID for the largest pipeline company in the continental United States
- Remapped and updated an obsolete architecture diagram of a large global network for a satellite telecommunications company.
- Assisted in planning the creation of an information security team for a telecommunications company.
Security Analyst: Responsible for day to day risk assessment and provisioning of firewall access requests, troubleshooting firewall access problems for end users and systems administrators using Checkpoint firewall system. Acted as a liaison and point of contact between the geographically diverse systems administration group, networking group and firewall management group. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the corporations McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator environment along with many applications which were integrated with ePO such as VirusScan Enterprise, DLP, Endpoint Encryption, HIPS and SiteAdvisor. Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the Tripwire monitoring system to remain within PCI and FDIC regulatory compliance. Assisted in planning meetings and strategy sessions to ensure bancorporation assets were properly secured from both external and internal malicious individuals. Engaged in weekly meetings researching current malware infections and mitigating associated risk by directing field services department in removal and/or reimaging of corporate systems. Used the Remedy ticket queue system to keep track of all outstanding issues and remain within agreed service level agreements.
- Assisted in rollout of new ePolicy Orchestrator environment to replace the existing infrastructure including distributed repositories and new database servers.
- Successful installation of McAfee SiteAdvisor to over 3000 geographically distributed laptops
- Performed upgrade/replacement of existing Tripwire environment maintaining PCI and FDIC regulatory compliance.
- Created and updated existing internal McAfee ePO documentation as well as documentation for products managed by ePO.
- Performed comprehensive firewall rule assessment and clean-up of existing firewall rulesets consisting of over 5000 active rules across 25 geographically diverse firewalls.
Security Analyst: Responsible for network security monitoring, administration of Cisco ASA/Juniper firewalls and analyzing logs from university security appliances such as IBM Proventia IDS/IPS. Administering VPN accounts and account access for authorized users. Conducting risk assessments and vulnerability scans on university desktops, servers, and network systems to ensure compliance with Texas Administrative Code 202. Establishing risk level to specific systems which may store confidential/personal data and establishing procedures to protect those systems. Administration of enterprise level antivirus management and endpoint protection solution McAfee ePO . Working closely with the Senior Systems Administrator to ensure that user accounts were correctly provisioned and centralized servers were properly configured to ensure maximum operating system and application security.
- Performed full risk assessment of all decentralized university servers.
- Reviewed and updated all IT governance policies in conjunction with university ISO.
- Participated in multiple security appliance/software product reviews and acquisitions.
- Performed university wide migration and upgrade from old enterprise endpoint protection system to upgraded endpoint protection server.
Promoted to Network Analyst within 2 months of hire to assist the network administrator with assigned tasks. Responsible for network monitoring, website traffic trending, analyzing logs from intrusion detection/prevention system IDS/IPS . Ensured that all server systems were current with antivirus definitions using McAfee's ePolicy Orchestrator. Generate documentation of network and server system assets. Provided tier II technical support for system users and tier III technical support for credit union website issues.
Generated framework for Incident Response Team.
Generated Incident Response Plan for the entire organization.
Generated incident response procedures for specific scenarios.
Attended vendor training for HP Blade systems.
Reorganized and restructured communications closet for headquarters building.
Desktop Systems Analyst: 2008
Provided on site and remote technical support for desktop and thin client users. Was responsible for re-imaging user systems and ensuring that all hardware and software was working correctly. Provided first tier technical support for system users and tier 2 technical support for members using the credit union website. Interfaced with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot software and hardware problems. Promoted to Network analyst within 3 months of hire.
Provided on site and remote technical support to clients in the greater Corpus Christi area. Was responsible for over 50 separate client businesses entire information systems infrastructure from server administration and disaster recovery procedures to desktop system support. Interfaced with 3rd party vendors for issues with installed software and hardware. Performed research and development of monitoring and spam filtering appliances utilizing open source technologies.
Research and development of a spam filtering appliance utilizing CentOS, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, and other open source technologies.
Research and development of a network monitoring appliance utilizing Cacti, an open source graphing software on a CentOS linux server.
Oversaw and completed network and infrastructure upgrades for multiple clients
Customer/Technical Support Representative
Responsible for contact with customers of Earth-Comm Inc. Provided customer support with billing and customer service issues. Was also responsible for troubleshooting computer system issues regarding connectivity and malicious software installed on customer systems.