An insightful, technical expert with skills in planning and designing technical solutions that are robust, reliable, and cost efficient.
- NetBackup 3.1.1 through NetBackup 7.6 Windows, Solaris, Linux, and Vmware
- VERITAS foundation suite
- NetBackup Database agents within NetBackup including Oracle, DB2, SQL, and Exchange.
- EMC Symmetrix Storage arrays VMAX 40k, VMAX 20k, DMX3, 8730
- EMC Clariion Storage arrays CX series, VNX2, and VNX series
- CISCO Switches 5K and MDS series
- McData SAN switches
- Operating Systems Windows, Solaris, RedHat Linux, SUSE Linux
- Data Replication technologies SRDF, Timefinder, RecoverPoint, Open Replicator, Rsync, and Robocopy
- Extensive data replication planning and design.
- Performance monitoring on storage arrays and SAN switches
- EMC SRM suite
- Multiple data center relocations
- Both block and file array migrations
- Multi pathing using DMP, MPIO, powerpath, and native VMWare
- Unix level scripting ksh,bsh,csh
- Responsible for planning disaster recovery solutions for over 300 TB of production data
- Handled all storage vendor evaluations, relationship building, and price negotiations
- Provided business cases and vendor analysis to upper management for storage purchases
- Responsible for performance reviews and management of over 1.5 PB of storage on multiple storage arrays
- Required to review all maintenance contracts to ensure that they were accurate and cost efficient
- Worked closely with solution architects, and developers on the design of software
- Managed a team of engineers responsible for all SAN attached data storage, SAN network, NAS storage, Backup, and Recovery of corporate data assets.
- Responsible for growth and development of all employees that reported to me.
- Responsible for architecting storage and Backup systems. This included several very detailed solution comparisons and proof of concept engagements.
- Worked with Storage vendors to ensure that Premier was getting the best pricing possible.
- Responsible for designing a replication scheme to move all data assets from one data center to another.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining Storage arrays primarily EMC DMX and Clariion storage arrays.
- Responsible for maintaining NetBackup environment.
- Responsible for making technical recommendations on which type of storage should be purchased and evaluating alternate solutions.
- Designed and Implemented a Cisco SAN solution, including migrating from a McData solution.
- Responsible for designing and implementing data replication strategies.
- Sun administration
- NT administration
- Implemented and Administered a Citrix Metaframe environment.
- Involved with infrastructure changes and decisions.
- Implemented a NetBackup 3.1.1 solution with a StorageTek library.
- Implemented a Storage Area Network for backups using Brocade switches and Crossroads bridges.
- Worked with Clarion storage both fiber channel and SCSI.
- Responsible for leading several business critical projects.
Technical Systems Analyst
- NT hardware and software support at both a workstation and server level.
- Configuration analysis of various systems and made recommendations on improvements and implemented the improvements.
- Third tier help desk at Premier Inc.