Senior Virtualization Engineer
- Systems integration functions for IT Infrastructure Systems and customer facing applications and systems. The IT systems provide service like authentication, name resolution, DHCP, OS Patching, asset reporting and anti-virus protection.
- The customer application systems provide various services, as well as other agency specific COTS and internally developed applications. The selected candidate is required to take into account all of the features of a given technology, backup/disaster recovery aspects, design, configuration, operational and support documentation, operational and support staff training on use and maintenance of new services.
Senior Technical Trainer Engineer
- Train the vSphere 5,x Ultimate Bootcamp in both Instructor Lead and Remote Online venues.
- Subject Matter Expert and co-author of Horizon View 5.2 Ultimate Bootcamp. Responsible for creating of new content for curriculum and labs to function on physical Dell servers as well as nested virtualization hosts in Private Cloud.
- Continued to work with Active Directory and perform Migrations in a consulting role for the Parent company of Global Training Solutions. This involved building out new Windows 2008 and 2012 servers for the corporate infrastructure as well as clients.
- Train all other major GTS courses including: View Prep/Horizon View, vSphere Fundamentals for Administrators, vSphere Troubleshooting, vSphere Advanced Administration 5.x VCAP5.DCA Prep
- Provide high-level training for major training partners including classroom, video conferencing, webinars, and Q A.
- Pursue emerging training technologies and strategies.
- Oversee aggressive on-site training workshops.
- Assist in development of training materials, technical/troubleshooting manuals, and user guides.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Architected and implemented a Windows NT4.0 to Windows 2003R2 to a Windows 2008 R2 Infrastructure migration project involving 400 user accounts and 300 computer accounts. Using COTS applications and several internal scripts, this project was complete in 19 hours with Zero discrepancies. This included Forest Prep and Domain Prep for both the Windows 2003 domain and the Windows 2008R2 forest and domain.
- Designed and architected a new installation of Cisco Unified Computing System UCS in conjunction with a NetApp SAN filer system. UCS 5108 Chassis consisting of four B230M2 blades and the NetApp V3240 with four DS4723 disk shelves with SAS and SATA drives. The implementation consisted of setting up both systems from racking the systems to initial configuration and advanced configurations involving RAID-DP, vFiler0 and vFiler1 setup and configuration as well as failover and replication to other NetApp appliances located across the WAN.
- Setup and deployed VMware vSphere 5.1 in a NIST moderate environment. Installed and configured VMware VIEW environment to allow for one user to access multiple secured environments.
- As the project manager for the Server Consolidation project that will introduce a CX3-10 SAN and a VMware cluster to provide failover for servers that have exceeded their warranty period. This project involved Virtualizing several WinTel platforms from Windows NT4.0 through Windows 2003 R2. I started the project plan that will allow the use of the latest technology to provide a cost savings measure and allow older systems to enjoy hardware independence while providing the maximum availability to customers
- Designed and implemented the WSUS service to accommodate the deployment to the WESRTP Domain. This decreased the vulnerability footprint for all servers in Durham NC office while allowing for automated Patch management further improving the administrative efficiency of the Systems Admins. Provided guidance and direction to properly conduct the Server consolidation power and server virtualization analysis to be able to move forward with implementation of the latest Virtualization technology.
- Implemented the DatStat Server installation that allowed developers to easily access the Development environment of a VM Foundation platform. QA and Production systems were hosted off-site and Security and data integrity were kept to the highest standards while allowing for reliable data protection. Coordinated with NIEHS to have several network ports taken off the Pelican DHCP system to enable the Server consolidation to have multiple trunked gigabit Ethernet ports to ensure no network bottlenecks. Installed and configured an additional switch to increase server room network capabilities.
- Designed, implemented and maintained an enterprise Active Directory infrastructure consisting of multiple sites and forest with Trust relationships, Internal and External DNS and DHCP.
- Analyzed, Designed, Implemented and maintained a Server Farm consisting of over 300 servers Primarily Windows with some Linux throughout 42 sites serving 3000 clients. 100 servers virtualized with the use of VMware 3.x and an HP fiber attached SAN in a clustered failover configuration.
- Monitored server performance through Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, HP System Insight Manager and CA Spectrum and corrected all issues within specified SLAs.
- Responsible for designing and deploying Remote Access solutions.
- Responsible the enterprise Group Policy management
- Team Lead with 4 direct reports.
- Responsible for evaluating various monitoring collaboration and presentation applications such as: MOM 2005, SCOM, SharePoint Portal Server, MS Terminal Server, Citrix Presentation server, WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS and Symantec Storage Exec applications.
- Selected accomplishments
- Upgraded entire enterprise from Windows Server 2000 running in mixed mode to Windows Server 2003 Native mode that included a step by step reversion plan and without effecting production.
- Centralized all FTP and Encryption processes. This effort involves sending and receiving information for customer credits and collections, Finance, Book Publishing, Amdocs and Infrastructure engineering. Over 70 customized scripts transfers file throughout six distinct processes of encryption file transfer Logging and email notification of completed or incomplete jobs.
- Setup multiple Terminal Server solutions to allow internal and external workers to access the appropriate environments without compromising security. Evaluated Citrix presentation server and setup a comparison evaluation server.
- Implemented a consisted Group Policy procedure that ensured all group policies were properly documented and fully tested prior to placing into a production environment.
- The Primary Instructor and course developer for the USAJFKSWCS SOFLAN Special Operations Forces Local Area Network course and as Local Subject Matter Expert for the USSOCOM Special Operations Forces TACLAN Tactical Local Area Network program.
- Setup LAN and WAN components such as Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Enabled services dealing with Active Directory including WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, NIS UNIX administrator for the Solaris network server.
- Subject Matter Expert for the development, maintenance, analysis, adaptation and support of networks, automated systems, and computer programs for Special Operations Forces /Tactical information systems.
- Competent in the configuration and administration of Microsoft Windows NT and 2003 server to include Exchange server 2003, domain controllers, and domain name servers in Sun Solaris servers in Cisco WAN routers, LAN switches, and PIX firewalls.
- Provides advice and assistance to tactical automation systems technical specialists, systems planners, user organizations, and local system administrators on information systems, networks, security criteria, technology advancements, techniques, processes and mechanisms.