19 plus years combined experience in Windows NT/Active Directory and Novell Netware administration. Successfully diagnosed and resolved the hardware and configuration issues of a PC or server and network issues. Demonstrated proficiency in the training of end users and providing documentation. Proven experience as a Project Lead and participant resulting in projects completed successfully.
- Responsible for the successful operation of Windows Server 2003/2008/20012 and Exchange Server 2003/2010 Servers with minimal downtime.
- Used Symantec Backup Exec software for backing up the Exchange, SQL Server and servers used for file sharing.
- Successfully supported the ASA 5510 firewall and 3 Cisco 3560 switches. Troubleshoot and resolve VPN connectivity issues.
- Scheduled backuos for the SQL Server 2005 databases and also resolved access and security issues with SQL Server 2005.
- Installed the Cisco IPS Module for additional security for the network.
- Research and purchase PCs, software, and networking equipment for 85 users.
- Successfully led the migration from 115 Windows XP Professional desktops and laptops to the Windows 7 Professional Operating System.
- Installed 2 VMWare ESXI servers and setup the Storage Server to house the VMWare based Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 servers.
- Installed and configured the Trane Tacker software to monitor the 4 Trane HVAC units and the server room air-conditioner.
- Setup the E-Compass Security Badge PC and managed access to the buildings.
- Successfully managed the NEC SV8100 phone system.
- Prepared and submitted a yearly budget for the successful operation of the network.
- Led a group of technicians to change the IP Addressing Scheme with minimal disruption to the user.
- Installed Windows 2000 Member Servers to the network.
- Traveled to various job sites within Alstom Power, Inc to provide technical support for PCs and Servers.
- Project Lead in relocating 150 people from one building location to another in which downtime was minimized, user printer and faxing requirements were satisified, and expected date of completion was met.
- Successfully worked with Venders to provide a cost-effective and optimal solution for the user s .
- Resolved dial-up issues accessing the Virtual Private Network with the RADIUS server and dial-in software.
- Installed and configured Network Attached Storage Servers to access files at a remote job site.
- Resolved issues with Lotus Notes users to connect to their home mail server.
- Created and updated workstation images using Ghost software.
- Supported Symantec Antivirus Servers and PCs to prevent exposure to a virus and other attacks.
- Researched and purchased computer equipment and software for organizational neeeds.
- Responsible for file server hardware requirements, Cisco Router purchase and configuration, and LAN Cabling requirements.
- Project Lead in migrating 65 DOS/Windows Workstations to Windows NT 4.0.