Goal-oriented, hardworking, and analytical Sr. Systems Engineer with more than eight years progressive experience managing and administrating large Enterprise IT systems seeking new position. Strong breadth and depth of IT knowledge / expertise in network engineering / systems administration. Skilled at managing and leading IT teams as well as working with various vendors. Proven record of implementing new technologies software and hardware and troubleshooting / problem-solving range of issues. Skilled at overseeing technical projects, working with diverse, cross-functional teams and ensuring deadlines and budgetary constraints are met.
Manager of Infrastructure / Architect
- Lead, supervised and managed infrastructure team and provided cutting edge technology mentorship
- Re-Designed Corp/ Data Center Architecture using VSPEX Technology. Juniper, HP, Cisco UCS,EMC,VMware including Juniper MX5 / Cisco ASR1K / Nexus 5K / ASA Firewall X series / EMC VNX 5K, VMAX10K / UCS B series / HP Proliant Gen8 / FusionIO SSD's
- Configured and managed overall components of the data center including routers switches, servers, Virtual Machines, firewalls, and storage arrays .
- Managed multiple vendors and service providers by building strong relationships with them.
- Key Achievement: Successfully negotiated global datacenter / service contracts and virtualized to reduce the IT expense by 1million annually. CapEX increase / OpEX decrease
- Planned, introduced and implemented virtualization technology to the company by fully migrating physical server environment to a virtual one.
- Designed, deployed, and managed multiple data center facilities across the globe. Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo
- Designed Integration Support, managed and deployed Windows 2003/2008/ Linux Operating System. Active directory : LDAP integration, 150 user support design over WAN
- Mitigated DDos attacks recurring to multiple data centers by in-house DDos mitigation system and Cloud Based BGP ProxyDDOS solution
Sr. Operation Engineer Network Engineering
- Managed team of network engineers to ensure a lean operations center with applications, systems and network monitoring capabilities.
- Worked with FlexPod environment UCS, Netapp, VMware in a fault tolerant / high availability data center. Responsible for system architecture including deploying / configuring Nexus 7K, 5K's using MPLS / BGP / OSPF / VRRP / VPC and 802.11AD.
- Juniper SRX series 3600's 650's using redundant Ethernet. Boot from San environment using UCS, Netapp storage and MDS9000 San switches and multiple UCS Pods.
- Responsible for the delivery of Game patches and updates as well as deployment automation using Chef.
- Managed and deployed Windows 2008 / CentOs / Ubuntu operating systems.
- Supported 18/7 NOC shift morning through midnight to ensure quality of infrastructure and platform delivery.
- Applied coding, security, or network architectural background to work with team and vendors to produce custom tools to monitor, analyze, isolate, and resolve potential incidents faster and simpler.
Systems Administrator - Assistant Manager
- Provided corporate vendor management of security, server, and network products such as Cisco Switches / Routers, Dell Servers, IBM Storage and top player IPS security products.
- Acted as on-call Incident Manger responsible for resolving server /network issues that affected customers' game and website functionality.
- Successfully negotiated data center, ISP, content delivery, and network contracts.
- Designed, implemented, configured, and administrated 120 Dell servers for corporate gaming clients in the U.S., Latin America, and Europe.
- Designed, implemented, configured, and administrated Cisco 6509-E, 3750G, 2960 switches to provide Layer3 routing / L2 switching and Cisco ASA5550, 5540, 5520, 5510 firewall to support the gaming clients. Used IBM DS3400 iSCSI SAN as consolidated backup unit.
- Administered Microsoft SharePoint services and provided quarterly network vulnerability scans to meet the PCI compliance regulation.
- Administration of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008R2 Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, Terminal Server, MSSQL2005 , Linux Ubuntu, Fedora12, CentOS PHP, Apache, MYSQL and VMware.
- Implemented, configured, and administered ESX 4.0i, VSphere mass-email to end users by using SMTP protocol email marketing . Used intrusion-prevention system administration to prevent distributed-denial of service attacks. Employed firewalls to prevent Trojan, Spyware, virus and more.
- Supervised and supported Local LAN desktop and office support of 50 employees.
- Implemented and integrated local area network LAN solutions including installation, configuration, integration of servers, switches and various networking devices.
- Assisted in network design, handling 2nd-level escalation support and client relations management.
Network Operations Engineer
- Provided frame relay, ISDN, T1, T3, DS1, DS3 line services to corporate clients in the continental U.S., Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Responsible for LAN/WAN infrastructure support including Cisco routers, switches and Dell servers.