- Networking: Configuration, troubleshooting, Active Directory Replication ,
- FTP, DNS, DHCP, Wireless, Firewalls, NAT, ICS, RRAS, VPN, OSI
- Layer 2,3,4 devices/communication , Proxy Servers. LAN WAN topologies
- Including Ethernet, token ring, frame relay, ISDN Pri Bri , TCP/IP, IPX/SPX,
- SNA, SMTP, network management, diagnostic tools, firewalls, routers, switches,
- sniffers, toners.
- Operating System: Windows9.x, NT 4.0 2000/03 Server, XP, FreeBSD
- Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X, Mac 0S 9, Novell , CISCO IOS, PIX IOS
- Hardware: Installation, Repair, Configuration, IBM Thinkpad/PC's
- Dell, Macintosh, Routers. Wireless, Servers, RAID
- Software: HP Openview, SAP, PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports, Clarify, NSS, IDS,
- CMA, Apache Web Server, IIS Web Server, MS Office Suite, PC Anywhere,
- SAMBA, Norton, PC- Cillian, VNC, Remote Desktop, 4sight Fax, File Maker,
- Retrospect Backup, Veritas, Windows command line, Foundstone Suite, Norton,
- Ethereal, Citrix, Adage, RMON, SNMP, Intel LANDesk, Checkpoint Firewall
- Backup Exec, NetBackup
Recent Work Experience:
Field Support Tech
Performed refresh of older PC's with XP to Win7 for the Epic Software upgrade. Tested proprietary hospital software for evaluation before deploying units in the field. HP thin clients upgraded to Wyse thin terminals. Citrix client used for Wyse terminals to access the 20 plus applications used. Deployed software upgrade thru SCCM. Troubleshoot Group Policy for workstation and thin clients for certain OU's in the environment. Provided 2nd level software support for certain apps Quest, Invision, Teleresults, Dragon, etc Setup Whiteboard scripts in hospital for nurses station. BCA's setup for backup in the event of outage in areas that needed 24/7 uptime. Verified end users email and documents once upgraded. Setup/deleted users/computers in AD. Recreate users/computer accounts in AD for workstations /thin clients that were having Domain issues.
Network Operations Command Center
Worked in command center providing a single, central point of monitoring and administration for all IT Services, including interfacing with Security Operations Centre functionality and administration. Used software from BMC BPPM tool along with Eye of the Storm to perform the day-to-day operational activities of the IT infrastructure. Responsibilities include: Monitor network traffic volume and flows for diagnostics and network capacity management, detect and record variations from pre-determined criteria on all IT Service Components, and initiate appropriate authorized corrective action. Document corrective actions, provided by the technical support teams for each category. Record Events in the Incident Management System as dictated by the Incident Management Policy using Remedy 7.6 along with using best practice guidelines defined in ITIL V3. Perform data backups as part of batch runs , archives and restores as part of scheduled tasks and the incident/request management process using EMC Networker. 24x365 monitoring and alerting, monitoring CCTV along with managing data center access requests using key safe software and biometrics. Maintained procedures and operational run books. Perform Standard Change implementation.
Level II Technical Support
- Supports the GA Division's IT infrastructure including all hardware software and network connectivity. Provides technical support to Division and Regional Office users in resolving PC systems and applications-related problems and assumes primary support for resolving Help Desk tickets. Diagnoses PC-related problems and provide resolutions to problems within your ability Seeks second level support from the team in resolving issues beyond your abilities Assists the team with any and all projects as requested. Provides remote support for all Regional Offices for etwork hardware resources including Laptops PCs printers and other network resources Assesses diagnoses and resolves all issues assigned through the ACS Support Center in a timely manner specified by the IT Team Standards Polices and Procedures Provides support to all ACS staff in using standard software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite Lotus Notes etc. Prioritizes routine service requests based on departmental priorities and to work with the Network Systems Analyst Network Manager and/or IT Operations Manager on non-routine requests Documents work history of service requests via Lotus Notes Help System Administers Division standards and policies with respect to the implementation and operation of the
- Company. Used Bomgar for remote access to end users for tech support. Upgrade users from Lotus notes version 6.5 and 7.0 to the 8.0 version. Retrived user data from laptops with end point encryption enabled using McAfee and Cisco encryption software. Migrated users data from Winxp to Win7, for refresh project of upgrading out of warranty lenovo laptops and dell desktops to new system
Desktop Support/Jr. Network Admin
Provided Desktop and Junior Network Admin support for 300 internal users and 400 field reps, create LAN accounts, reset passwords using Active Directory, image old new DELL PC's and Laptops, using GHOST, upgrade hardware software, convert several PC's from Win2K to Win XP Pro., order parts and maintain inventory, setup and install printers locally and on the server. Also active Network Ports from Server Room patch panel. Setup install PC and projectors in Conference Room. Create AS400 user accounts, answer Helpdesk calls and create tickets thru phone and e-mail request. Create E-mail accounts within Outlook 2K3 in conjunction with Active Directory. Provide support for Office Suites 2K3 and 2K7. Upgraded all end user to Office Suite 2K7
- Administer Microsoft Windows Servers Active Directory , Microsoft Workstations, and network security devices for 200 users. Created user manuals and provided technical support sessions for new employees.
- Performed hands-on administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Local Area network LAN , resulting in optimum performance and minimum downtime. Used SolarWinds for network monitoring along with bandwidth usage. Maintained the PIX 515 firewall with stateful failover along with Websense server for URL filtering. Also maintained the 2600 series router and 2800 series switch. Performed all levels of hardware and software systems support for 200 computers and 60 printers. Responsible for e-mail system and Internet Information Server, meeting employee and customer needs 24/7. Managed all new install projects for servers, switches, and other network resources. Performed desktop migration from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. provided technical support for corporate client/server systems. Responsible for hardware and software applications for workstations, servers, and network data communications. Collaborated with executive management and department leaders to assess network capacity needs. Performed backup of Exchange 2003 information store and transaction logs on storage group
Desktop Support Analyst
Troubleshoot issues as 2nd level support for desktop and enterprise applications, local/networking printing, e-mail, connectivity, remote access, and hardware issues. Administer Active Directory Objects including User and Computer accounts, Organizational Units and Group policies. Monitors internal desktop queue using Everdream ticketing system, accepts, and prioritizes issues and service requests by assigning to self. Provide and maintain technical solutions for training room setup, hardware upgrades and disposal, web based asset tracking using FAS inventory system to keep IS dept inventory up to date, and software monitoring. Responsible for Ghost imaging of new PCs and laptops, new hire setup, and terminations including, domain user and outlook account creation. Manage customer relations between IS team and other departments. Order parts for and replace/install warranted laptop, desktop, and printers. Responsible for refresh project which included setting up existing users with new PCs and laptops, moving over their existing data, program files, email accounts and PST files.
- Monitor Multi-National Enterprise network and datacenter to ensure systems are highly available utilizing HP Openview in a 24X7 operational environment.
- Responsible for scheduling, executing, and monitoring backups for a variety of systems e.g., Win2003, Novell, FreeBSD .
- Configured and monitored the 4200 series cisco IPS, update the signature DB from Cisco. PIX 520 series FW with stateful failover. The 3000 series VPN concentrator, along with the 3600 series routers and 3500 series switch. Used CLI, PDM, and SDM to config and troubleshoot cisco devices. Setup user for authentication with Cisco Secure ACS for Windows. Checked syslog server for any abnormal entries. Monitor bandwidth usage with WhatsupGold. Used Ethereal/Wireshark for packet sniffing on the wire.
- SANs monitoring for high disk usage and disk space capacity at peak times. Develop process and procedures to provide consistent support for a variety of systems and applications
- Verify business system functionality through testing and performance benchmarking
- Discover root causes for service disruption through SAP monitoring and log analysis
- Work with IS Technology and Application groups to drive continuous improvement of operation process and procedures. Train new employees on procedures, operational objectives, and system functionality
- Apply Microsoft and Cisco updates as directed by Systems Engineers
- Run end of day client transactions through Crystal Reports
- Document procedures and summarize shift events
- Analyze server and application logs on a daily basis to ensure that problems do not go undetected
- Perform administration tasks associated with application or server support i.e. UNIX reboots and services maintenance
- Provide support requiring isolation skills and problem resolution management
- Contact point to resolve major data communication emergencies 24X7 on rotating shifts
Support Analyst / Network Administrator
- Worked in NOC center monitoring customer network connectivity ranging from LAN
- environments to WAN sites. Monitored customers Proxy and MS Exchange server to Cisco
- router via Remedy Tivoli monitoring alerts. Opened and worked trouble tickets for
- WAN connectivity issues with telco provider. Worked with IBM local techs on setting up the New York Board of Education School sytem, which involved decommissioning of old routers/switches and bring online the new Cisco routers/switches on Frame Relay network. Verified school site was working along with the URL filtering server for internet connectivity. Also worked in server group providing phone support for IBM X-series, E-series, and Netfinity servers. Duties included hardware and
- software support . Provided support for Raid setup as well as restoring defunct harddrives.
- Used Clarify database for maintaining call record history. Supported internal tapedrives as
- well as external tape libraries.
Remote LAN/WAN Support
Responsible for configuring/troubleshooting and maintaining IBM 2210 routers and Cisco 1750, 2500, 2600, 7500 series routers, along with a variety of Cisco switches. Provided remote support for cust dealing with LAN/WAN issues, involving both routing and routed protocols. Involved with the turn up of Frame Relay, T-1 and ISDN that were used for WAN connectivity. Also provided support for the IBM modems used by our customers on their AS/400 platform, dealing with connectivity and data passing on Point to Point Leased Line circuits to Multi-Point drops. Other duties were support on LAN issues including token ring MAU and LAM and ethernet hubs. Also worked in the NOC providing help desk support and monitoring global telecommunications network Cisco routers, switches, circuits, hubs troubleshooting alarms HP Open View: pinging, trace routing and resolving issues dealing with telco and/or hardware for The Gap stores relating to their Point of Sales POS equipment. i.e credit card and check verification
Responsible for maintaining network infrastructure consisting of hubs, Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL, 3500, and 5500 series switches, Cisco routers, PIX 506 firewall plus all CAT 5 cabling, fiber-optic links and patch panels. Load, configure and maintain laptops and all end-user workstations running Win 98, Win NT 4.0, and Red Hat Linux. Also provided end user support and training. Created end user accounts, printer installs and various related duties. Responsible for testing and evaluating new hardware and software to ensure compliancewith established operational and security requirements. Setup Dell servers with NT 4.0 and connected these servers to an ethernet network. All protocol considerations including DHCP, WINS and TCP/IP. Also did all server upgrades i.e memory install, NIC cards, FIDDI card and RAID drives
Remote LAN/WAN Support
Responsible for configuring/troubleshooting and maintaining IBM 2210 routers. Provided remote support for cust dealing with LAN/WAN issues, involving both routing and routed protocols. Involved with the turn up of Frame Relay, T-1 and ISDN that were used for WAN connectivity. Also provided support for the IBM modems used by our customers on their AS/400 platform, dealing with connectivity and data passing on Point to Point Leased Line circuits to Multi-Point drops. Other duties were support on LAN issues including token ring MAU and LAM and ethernet hubs
Responsible for installation and configuration of all Win 95 client computers on a Novell 3.1 network. Supported over 100 workstations including production nodes and customer remote PC. Installed 3 Com link switches, hubs, and routers. Maintained the ISDN and T-1 connectivity on the router between three remote sites. Did some DS-1 and DS-3 trunk turn ups and testing. Worked in telco switch room environment where all the servers, routers, and production nodes were located. Responsible for the purchasing and setting up of 100 HP workstations. Installed and maintained Norton anti-virus software on both the client and server hardware. Did daily backup and restores on the servers. Supported helpdesk calls and solved user issues over the phone or at user's workstation. Responsible for all upgrades and Compaq servers and RAID systems