IT Engineer with experience ranging from service desk to systems administration and site reliability for physical and virtual environments private and public clouds . Excellent problem-solving and abstract thinking skills with the ability to identify issues, analyze possible solutions and determine the course of action to meet stated objectives.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups CIDR's, VCP, NAT and deployment via SCALR and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Application deployment and configuration with Puppet and GitLab.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk, Icinga and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services AWS environment.
- Create application install guides.
- Collaborate with development, QA and release management.
- Install and configure java applications.
- Manage the availability of resources in a continuous delivery environment.
- Cloud resources SME for Application Architect.
- Resource provisioning and configuration for development, QA, performance testing, Demo, and production environments within Acxiom's Audience Operating System Cross Channel Planner http://aos.acxiom.com/ cross-channel-planner and Marketplace .
- Provided Tier III/IV support for physical and VMWare virtualized environments.
- Responsible for SAS70/SOC1 Monthly and quarterly reviews
- Maintained development, QA functional and performance , POC, Demo and production environments.
- Install, configure and maintain IIS 6,7 7.5 , perl, java and .NET 3.5 4.0 applications.
- 3rd party application install / configuration Unica 8.5, Alterian, Websphere 7, Cognos 10.1, Perl, Oracle 10g client.
- Mitigated security vulnerabilities
- Provided OS install, configuration and updates - Windows and Linux
- Served as decision maker for more than 150 physical and virtual machines
- Resource and application deployment in an Agile environment as part of 2 week sprints.
- Service Desk Specialist,
- Responsible for providing tier I/II troubleshooting, end user support and application administration for Insight proprietary web based CRM software as a service product and MarketEdge an analytics product using a Unica or Alterian interface.
- Supported both internal and external clients with a 95 first touch closure rate.
- Maintained ColdFusion 8 IIS 6 web servers, MS SQL Server 2005 database servers and Power MTA mail servers.
- Managed ISP relations, service desk and email bouncers.
- Provided service desk support via phone, email, Net Results Problem Tracker and BMC Remedy
- Served as liaison between the client and development team
- Monitored SQL Server jobs
- Filled in any training gaps
Customer Service Coordinator / Technical Support
- Responsible for supporting desktop systems, database maintenance, entering new sales orders, corresponding with international distributors, data extraction and manipulation, creating customer service procedures, and developing ad hoc reporting methods for the sales and marketing department.
- Manage customer service department
- Provide helpdesk support for in-house and remote employees.
- Sales order entry into Visual Manufacturing's CRM database.
- Install and configure applications.
- Create and revise customer service procedures.
- Support Goldmine and MS Access databases.
- Data extraction using queries from Goldmine and MS SQL Server.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Provide monthly reports for new sales accounts, converted customers, and product returns.
- Created a graphical mapping interface for sales data using ESRI Business Map.
Terminal Conversions Representative/Trainer
- Responsible for calling conversion merchants, verifying their information, reprogramming their credit card terminals and training them on the operation of the reprogrammed machine.
- Act as Lead Support for my peers.
- Handle escalated issues.
- Create inbound schedule for call center representatives.
- Proficient with all credit card terminals supported by Nova.
- Provide troubleshooting support for hardware and software issues.
Associate Engineer Contract
- Responsible for creating and editing power line maps using ESRIs ArcGIS software, providing maps for internal and external customers, working job orders, completing field checks and creating spreadsheets for departmental reporting.
- Developed a speedier, more accurate method of quality control using MS Excel.
- Final stage GIS software customization testing before production version.
- Added job orders/work requests including primary, secondary, sketches, and design job drawings to the GIS.
- Field checked and GPS'd jobs for accuracy i. e. correct property address, phase and voltage of lines, equipment .
- Used large format scanner to create electronic raster images of drawings.
- Used MS Access to create user-friendly programs to interact with data.
- Used SQL to extract data from the Geo-database.
- Used Crystal Reports to create GIS data reports.
- Produced maps for internal customers.