- Hardware: Desktop, Laptop, Server, Firewalls, SAN/NAS, Routers, Switches, Sonicwall, Astaro, etc.
- Software: Citrix Metaframe 1.8 NT TSE and W2K 4 years , i2 Transportation Manager 9 years , VMWare 3.5-5.1, ESXi and vCenter 6 year , NAS and SAN 5 years , Production Rollout 9 years , Oracle 9 years , SQL 7 years , HPUX/AIX 7 years , Exceed 1 year , EDI/API, Gentran, AMTrix 2 years , PC Miler Worldwide, WebLogic, Orbix, Oracle, JDK, SDK, JRun, V3, Microsoft Cluster 4 years , MS Exchange 5 years , Lotus Notes, MS Office 9 years , Visio 7 years , MS Project 3 years , Novell, Groupwise, Zenworks, Astaros, MSP Management Tools
- Languages: COBOL and C 1 year
- Databases: Oracle 7.3.4 - 10G, DB2 Enterprise, SQL Standard and Enterprise
- O/S: AS/400, AIX, UNIX, Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/NT/NT TSE/2003/2008/2012,
- Enterprise 9 years , Linux SUSE , Novell
- Protocols: TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, Wireless Technologies
Perform management duties and system engineer work while supervising 6 employees.
Proprietary MSP ticketing system and multiple management / monitoring tools for desktop and servers. Helpdesk support for Windows servers 2003-2012, Desktops, 3rd Party applications, Active Directory, Exchange 2003-2010, VM Ware 4.0-5.5, Terminal Services, Office 365, many hosted hosted exchange environments, Sonicwall, etc.
Director of Technology
- Migrated from Novell to Active Directory.
- Migrated from Groupwise to Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Migrated from Zenworks 11 Imaging to FOG Imaging
- Managed new infrastruction setup for New Junior High and High School expansion including Fiber, POTS Lines, Networking, Wireless, Printers, Desktops, VOIP, etc.
- Manage employees and rollout of Windows 7 and XP imaging to over 1500 desktops and 500 laptops.
Network and Server Admin:
- Implemented 4A District wide network upgrade with HP 2910AL switches.
- Implemented VMWare 5.1 environment including SAN, Networking, PowerEdge 915 Blade Servers and Software Configuration
- Windows 2003 2008 Standard / Enterprise, Novell, and Linux SUSE Administration
- Server and Network Administration - Hardware, Router and Switch configuration, etc
- Novell Zen 7, 10, 11 Imaging and Application Rollout
- Groupwise 8 Email Administration
- Maintenance for Windows XP, Vista, 7 - 1300 PC and 200 Laptops
- 3Com VOIP Phone Setup and Configuration
- ESI VOIP Phone Setup and Configuration
- Astaro/Sophos 525 Firewall Management
- Sophos Enterprise Antivirus Management
- Install and Configured DHCP and DNS
- Install and Configured Active Directory
- Worked with VMWare ESXi 5.1.1 and VDI Deployment
- Install and Configured VMWare ESXi 4.1 - vCenter Server, Converter, implementation consisted of importing 20 Windows 2003/2008 servers, 10 SUSE 10 Linux servers, configuration of server clustering, etc. Consolidation was performed on 3 Dell PowerEdge R610 servers with Dual 6 core , 48 Gig memory and a 10 Terabyte EQL ISCI SAN and 2 Netgear 24 Terabyte NAS devices.
- Application support for school also includes Skyward, Fitness Gram, Crystal Reports, MicroType 5, Follett Destiny Library Management, Sophos Enterprise Anti-virus, Test Nav 6.9, AutoDesk Professional Suite and many other instructional applications.
Product Support/System Administrator
- Performed project management - Budgets, personnel, management of all groups required to resolve a problem, status updates, project meetings, etc. Not only do I have expertise in the server and network architecture, but also in transportation, warehouse, and automotive project management and support of the environments. With all implementations, I also developed Disaster Recover plans and eliminated single point of failures for increased customer uptime.
- Performed daily routines which consisted of System Administration work for installation, maintenance, and upgrades and supporting and interfacing with customers in North America and Europe. Application Lifecycle - Change Management, Testing, Scheduling for Deployment, Production Go-Live, Windows NT, 2000, 2003 and 2008 Server Builds,
- Install and configure - Win NT and 2000, Citrix, i2 TM 4.3.1-5.0, TO MS Clustering, Oracle 7-9i, PC Miler,
- Install and configure - Win 2000, Citrix, Exceed, SQL Enterprise
- Install and configure - Win 2000, VMWare, i2 TM 6.1.5, TO, WebLogic, PC Miler, Oracle 10G, etc.
- Install and configure - Win 2003, Terminal Services, McLeod Loadmaster 7.5, SQL Enterprise.
- Install and configure - Win 2008, Terminal Services, Truckmate, DB2 Enterprise.
- Used log files and business logic to determine problem resolution.
- Setup users, customer profiles, entities, work with tariffs, hubs, etc. for i2 TM and TO.
- Hosted Daily/Weekly Management meetings to bridge knowledge gaps or provide general updates.
- Supported End-Users in Training and following Go-Live on a 24x7 basis
Environment: NAS Network Area Storage , SAN Storage Area Network both SCSI and Fiber, LAN/WAN Connectivity, Internet, Intranet, VPN Connectivity, VMWare ESX, MS Clustering, Hardware Support: IBM, Compaq, Toshiba, HP, and Dell, HP-UX, External Array, EMC, SCSI and Fiber Connectivity Hubs, Routers, Switches 10/100 and 10/1000 , Laptops, Desktops, and Servers.
PC Support Technician employee
- Installed hardware and software on workstations, servers, and laptops. Supported all hardware and software problems that arise.
- Kept an inventory and software list with Track-It Audit Software .
- Taught and/or trained employees in the use of the computer and all software used by the company at a local college campus.
- Troubleshot, diagnosis and solution support for a LAN/WAN token-ring network across 4 states.
- Ran cable, punch down cable, and test cable for connectivity.
- Supported end-users in MS Exchange and any upgrades, performance changes, and use in email.
- Setup computers with correct fax, dial-out, or any other software/hardware needed to perform daily routines.
- Built home computers, workstations, and small servers for individuals and business.
- Performed all maintenance and upgrades and also installed and provided service agreements for Point-OF-Sale systems using QuickSale 2000 Ace Hardware, Finishing Touches, etc .
Lab Facilitator student/employee
- Installed and setup 25 Ethernet networked computers.
- Tutored students in the use of the computer, software, and in other disciplines such as: English, American Literature, Algebra, BASIC, C Programming, COBOL, and all MS Office applications.
- Maintained inventory on equipment and software.
- Built and repaired computers on campus from old or previously damaged computers.