- Experienced Network/Systems Administrator and developer with extensive knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, security and network engineering Operations Architect with Leadership, Training, Process Development and Documentation expertise.
- Additional experience includes the following:
- Datacenter migration and integration
- Documentation systems deployment, management, and content writing
- Knowledgeable in Cloud and Virtualization.
- Large Scale, Mission Critical, Infrastructure Management Experience
- Compliance and audit Experince
- Security and dDoS mitigation expert, with background in securing financial systems
- Datacenter PDU, CRAC, cold air containment and DR
- Package management via Yum in RHEL
- Team Leadership and Management Experience
- Configuration Management
- Technical writer, trainer, and Knowledge Base expert
- Exchange, Apache, MySQL, Oracle database, Tivoli, Nagios, NetFlow, Cisco CMCUX, Cacti, VMWare ESX, Linux KBM, Platform LSF, BMC ITSM, and Oracle.
- Storage Experience
- Lead an Off-Shore project to augment 24x7 support in a NOC environment.
- Strong experience with Red Hat Linux Versions 5 6.3 , RHEL Workstation, CentOS, HP-UX, Fedora, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, Oracle Virtual Server, Oracle Virtual Manager, Solaris, OSX, Microsoft NT Server 2003-2013.
Area of Expertise
| || || || |
- Contributor to various open source Linux software projects
- Apple iOS and Cocoa Touch Development
- Java scripting and mobile development
- PHP, .NET, Python, Ruby, HTML5, Objective C, C , C , Visual, Perl, and CSS
- BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
- Automated Proactive Monitoring System Design
Network Analyst II Project: Linux Engineering / Cloud App Suite Development
In partnership with FIS, I was an Analyst assigned to the Colo5 Network Operations Center NOC My duties included process management and automation with the aim of 100 network and services availability. This is a customer facing role to take escalations for network and corporate customer concerns. My team managed and proactively monitored critical infrastructure in conjunction with the Colo5 Network Manager and CTO.I was also the dedicated tools admin, responsible for developing and supporting cloud-based tools such as Nagios, IPplan, RANCID and several other Unix-based systems.
Network Analyst II Project: Team Lead / DC Integration/DR, SOP Author, Trainer Offshore Team/Infrastructure Manager
Served as NOC Team Lead. Responsibilities included managing the scheduling of NOC staff, writing and maintaining documentation, selecting and training new hires, as well as monitoring and restoring network connectivity on an enterprise scale in the financial industry. Upon assignment, my primary project was to integrate 3 existing NOC/DC's both infrastructure and teams and to offshore overnight and off-peak hour support to a team in Mumbai, India and one in Manila, PHL. Mitigated dDoS attacks, managed SharePoint, and wrote S.O.P. documents.
- Advanced Services NOC Technician, Shift Lead Project: MediaWiki powered KnowledgeBase, Documentation
- Responsibilities included implementing and managing the wiki knowledgebase, administrating Nagios Monitoring
- Systems, all on RHEL servers, Monitoring and managing global network of over 30,000 nodes. Systems ranged from
- Cisco/Juniper/Fortinet devices to NT/Linux/Unix/Voip/Wan Optimization and Fluke probe devices.
Owner, Systems Engineer/Admin, Developer
Currently Developing Mobile and Cloud based applications under new DBA name devStarr.net . Previously Developed and deployed remote backup solutions. Served as the RHEL Linux/Solaris Unix Systems Administrator and Network Engineer. Designed and marketed various client websites. Designed, installed and managed network solutions for clients. Served as IT Helpdesk to support end user PC's and peripherals, including Windows updates and Firewall/Antivirus support. Managed DNS and Email services for clients. Served as a field technician to troubleshoot and repair internal wiring for WAN circuits.
- TSR-Data Device/SmartPhone Team Lead Project: Wiki Development
- Assisted customers with technical issues with data devices and network problems in a call center environment. Sold new products and services over the phone. Contributed to the wiki adding valuable troubleshooting resources.