A Programmer Analyst with over 18 years of experience as a systems engineer. I've supported the Federal Aviation Administration FAA for over 12 years. Provided systems engineering and software development support to the FAA which has included: preparation of requirement documents, test plans, Web Service Description Documents WSDDs , and Web Service Requirements Documents WSRDs validation of Federal NOTAM System FNS event scenario requirements documentation and Aeronautical Information Exchange Model AIXM messages developed web service clients and software applications extracted, parsed, formatted, and loaded aeronautical data built and maintained databases and served as one of two of primary Geographical Information Systems GIS programmer/analysts with responsibility for building GIS software applications and tools. Results oriented Systems Programmer I Systems Architect who is creative in identifying and designing effective solutions to meet the current needs and future expectations of business. Expertise includes:
| || |
| || |
| || |
- Supported of the Air Traffic Organization ATO Mission Support Services Aeronautical Information Management AIM directorate on the Federal Notice to Airman NOTAM System FNS project.
- Identified and documented the requirements for the web service.
- Wrote the Web Service Description Document WSDD and Web Service Requirements Document WSRD for both the FNS-NDS and the FNS-OS.
- Reviewed and incorporated the FAA System Wide Information Management SWIM guidance and requirements and the Open Geospatial Consortium OGC standards for web service application development.
- Conducted an analysis of the FNS-NDS web service.
- Design and Development the client web service applications:
- Federal NOTAM System NOTAM Distribution Service FNS-NDS - used for validating the FAA NOTAMs created.
- FNS NOTAM Origination Service NOS - used for validating the NOS's support for Tower Light Outage TLO NOTAMs.
- Central Altitude Reservation Function CARF NOTAMs - which led to updates in the event scenario requirements documents and software changes to the NOS.
- Performed scope verification and data requirements for the Operational Control Centers OCC NOTAM event scenarios by identifying the data relationships to the Remote Monitoring and Logging System RMLS database.
- Identified the needed data elements and tables in the RMLS database.
- Wrote a data dictionary for the entities required for the event scenarios.
- Interacted with the DBA and Data Modeler with mapping the data relationships for the queries to support the event scenarios.
- Using MS Access, relationship table diagram.
- Develop a client application to test the Special Activity Airspace SAA Management Static Repository Web Service.
- Identified and help resolve network tunneling security access issues with the AIM network team.
- The client web service application resulted in generating bugs in the web service and correcting the format of AIXM XML request message.
Software Engineer/Project Manager
- Responsible for the software development, maintenance, and support of the Sector Design and Analysis Tool SDAT for the Aeronautical Information Management AIM program office of the FAA.
- Responsible for evaluating, recommending and scheduling proposed enhancements and maintenance activities for SDAT.
- Provided high level and detailed requirements documents for all software additions, deletions, or enhancements, required by amendments to FAA regulations.
- Managed the team of software developers for SDAT, which included managing the team's workload of enhancements task, bug fixes, software testing and deployment.
- Coordinated with the AIM Enterprise Architecture team, regarding how to provide access to SDAT outside of the FAA Intranet.
- As part of the FAA's Air Traffic Airspace Laboratory ATALab team responsible for customization of GIS application development using ESRI software products and Oracle spatial databases.
- Responsible for development of the vNASR Visual National Airspace System Resource application:
- Developing portable modules to be used in application development with emphasis on interfacing GIS web-servicing, Oracle spatial databases, and graphical map display.
- Provided rapid development of GIS applications for the FAA.
- Responsible for designing and developing GIS applications to support the analysis and evaluation of the NASR database data.
- Work allowed the National Flight Data Center NFDC personnel who are responsible for quality control of NASR to verify the quality and accuracy of the data.
- Provided support for requirements analysis and custom design implementation for all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Using MS Visual Studio, VB.net, ArcGIS, ArcCatalog, shapefiles, software packaging, software deployment, spatial queries, features, feature layers, XML parsing, MS Visio, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL, OOP, HTML, CSS, software packaging, software deployment. GIS map display.
- Supported the Common Structure and Status Data CSSD pre-implementation project for AIM Modernization Segment 2 AIMM S2 :
- Reviewing and editing prototype design documents.
- Provided support to CSSD with valuable feedback on lessons learned from current AIM projects and best practices in the industry.
- Provided initial estimates to the AIMM S2 project for digital NOTAM message sizes from the FNS-NDS for incoming and outgoing messages, message formats, and producers of the messages and frequency of transmission.
- Redesigned the Foreign Over-flights Notification System which identifies potential over-flights of sensitive geographical locations by foreign air carriers.
- Using MS Visual Studio, VB.net, ArcGIS, ArcCatalog, shapefiles, software packaging, software deployment, spatial queries, features, feature layers, XML parsing Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Class, software packaging, software deployment. GIS map display.
- Converted HAME HOST Aircraft Management Exec file data into Oracle 9i tables, which allowed analysts to access the archive data to perform post operational analyses.
- Using Oracle9i.
- Wrote the Cognitive Gaming Project software interface that incorporated a Suite of games, generated by FAA programmers for the Southern Region project.
- Using MS Visual Studio, VB.net, Oracle 9i, MS Visio, SQL, and Class, software packaging, software deployment and software deployment.
- Designed, developed, and enhanced different modules of America Online pop-up advertisement screens used to schedule promotional products for AOL users. The software included features that provided powerful query, analytical, and reporting capabilities using Crystal Reports.
- Using MS Visual Studio, VB.net, Oracle, SQL, and Class, software packaging, software deployment and software deployment.
Consultant for KPMG Peat Marwick LLP using Visual Basic and participated in the development of Real Estate Assessment Center System for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development HUD .
Converted existing in-house Visual Basic 3.0 4.0 16 32 bit applications to Visual Basic 5.0 and implemented software program, HEDIS 3.0 Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set , used by 80 of all HMO's throughout the country. He developed a Nationwide Medical Accreditation system to monitor MEDICAID, MEDICARE and Commercial health plans currently in place. His responsibilities included full life cycle development. The application provided Health Plans with all the information and qualification standards need to get 1, 2 or 3 year's accreditation from NCQA. It also provided remote access to a speaking engagement scheduler that could be updated by all Accreditation participators Sheridan Calendar Widgets , an internal performance evaluation system to monitor NCQA Team Auditors, and modules to build a team of auditors based on strengths and backgrounds.
Program leader of the multi-million dollar Postal Service Project, Vehicle Maintenance Automation System VMAS . His responsibilities included full life cycle development which allowed users to add, review, and modify information concerning Postal Vehicles nation-wide. This included maintaining vehicle history information and making vehicle reports. The VMAS project consisted of 80 plus tables and 125 forms that produce various views of data, processed work orders In-house commercial , maintained vehicle utilization information, produced vehicle reports through Crystal Reports VBX, maintained vehicle history information, managed Part Inventory, had Bar Code capabilities for Inventory and Invoice tracking, and uploaded and downloaded information from the mainframe system.