- Over 6 years of experience as UNIX System Administrator in complex high end server/client environment consisting multiple operating systems, with expertise in AIX 7.1/6.1/5.x, Linux RedHat RHEL 6/5/4/3 SUSE SLES 11/10/9/8 and Windows NT/2000/2003 Server.
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1 and SRM 4.5
- Experience and Familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix XEN Server. Created and managed VMs virtual server and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, IE. Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals and network security. Installation, Configuration and managing Firewalls like Fortinet, ZyWall, SonicWall, ISA with content filtering, Anti-Spam, Web filtering, NAT, Application Publishing to public IP, Port Forwarding, log analyzing with Syslog Server.
- Strong experience in Linux / UNIX administration and Enterprise Server Integration.
- Experience in Large production data center comprising more than 1000 AIX LPARS.
- Package and configuration management using rpm, yum, dpkg, aptitude, yast, zypper, emerge, cfengine, puppet and chef.
- Strong Experience in disaster recovery procedure BMR on UNIX systems.
- Resolving, Troubleshooting Network TCP/IP and host configuration issues.
- Expert in installing software's packages like NIS, NFS, open ssh compliers using Redhat Package Manager RPM on Redhat Linux.
- Experience with IBM Middleware Information management technologies namely WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Commerce Server, Tivoli and IBM Collaborative technologies IBM Lotus Products in a multiplatform environment.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining Samba Web Servers, WebLogic and WebSphere Application Servers, and Oracle, SQL and Sybase database technologies.
- Moving RHAS machines from physical to virtual including VMware ESX 3.5,4.1,5,1 and VSphere 4.0
- Installed and configured Ksar 5.0.4 for system activity in the RHEL 4 and 5.
- Managed Patches, Upgrades and Licensed Products for System software on all flavors of UNIX and Linux Servers.
- Proficient in System Backup and Recovery from tapes using ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar and cpio.
- 24X7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to RHEL 7/5/3.
- Configuring and Administering NFS, NIS, DNS, FTP and LDAP on Sun Solaris server environment
- Experience in monitoring the availability performance of UNIX servers.
- Deep understanding of key protocols and systems such as: NFS, DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, RAID.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Linux System Administrator
- Managed various servers using VMware vSphere ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Red hat Enterprise Linux RHEL6.3 and RHEL 6.4 in development and test environments on HP physical servers as well as Virtual Machines
- Designed, managed, implemented/ supported: Backup/Recovery/Archive , Security Startup/ Shutdown , Mass Storage SAN/NAS , OS Installations/Patches , Hardware/Software installation, Batch scheduling, Data center Migration, Application and Server performance
- Worked on configuring Red hat Enterprise Linux in Production, QA and test environments on standalone IBM servers and IBM Blade Center Hardware
- Worked with Red hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches for Red hat Linux Server and managed virtualized OS
- Added new Users and groups and gave sudo access in test and development servers and central file synchronization via sudoers, authorized keys, passwd, shadow, group
- Worked with DBA team in installing and configuring Oracle 10 g and 11g, Sybase, Db2 client v 8.1 and v9.0
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with Apache, Web logic on Linux servers
- Used VERITAS Volume manager to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and RAID's
- Responsible for backups, firewall rules, LVM configuration and monitoring servers on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for automation using Puppet Enterprise as well as system reporting.
- Used shell scripting Including Korn, Bash and Perl for system/application in automating server task, installing and monitoring applications and data feeding file transfer and log files
- Configured Kickstart for RHEL Various versions to perform image installation through network
- Worked on network connectivity, SAN storage, creating LVM and taking TSM backup
- Created and managed user accounts and groups and their permissions and creating files and directories permission
- Co-ordinated with Middleware team in installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues with WebSphere Application Server and Apache/Tomcat server on Linux
- Worked extensively on DNS, NFS and application servers Apache and Samba server
- Worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP , HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP SSH
- Involved in DMZ firewall rules, configure iptables and iptables init script , start and stop init script for Apache and other application server
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation
- Modified user's password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies as needed
- Mmonitored the performance of the system using top, sar, ps, prstat, vmstat, netstat, iostat and cpuinfo to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic
- To troubleshoot network connectivity used ping, netstat, ipconfig, and trace route commands. To login to the remote system using sudo, putty and telnet. To transfer files across the systems on the network used ftp and scp commands
- Provided Linux technical support and prepared technical documentation for check in verification
- Regularly backed up critical data and restored backed up data
- Worked in solving tickets issued on day to day activities and problems related to development and test servers
Environment: vSphere ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1, Red Hat Linux RHEL 6 , Oracle 10G, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, Apache, Puppet 3.0, POSTFIX, POP3, SMTP, MySql, Oracle
- Installation, Configuration Upgrade of Linux , Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux operating systems
- Installation of patches and packages.
- Upgraded Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 and 10. Configuring SAN Sun Storage. Through Brocade Silkworm Switches. Fiber Optics Switch for redundancy with multi-path.
- Configured Solaris Jumpstart Server. Maintained Server 6.0. Backup data of Servers using VERITAS Net Backup. Maintained Security of the Solaris Servers.
- Configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server, Service Guard from the scratch and maintained service group/packages for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Configure and manage the whole array of Web, Database, Mail, Static Asset, Cache, Git, FTP, LDAP, DNS and Name servers with Puppet or CFEngine.
- Worked on Solaris 10 container technology, configured separate zones for various applications.
- Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery.
- Designed and Implemented Backup solution for the Network.
- Managed the entire infrastructure with puppet by setting up puppet master and slaves.
- Enterprise resource planning included ITIL processes, such as Configuration Management, Change Management, Problem management and Incident Management
- Installed and configured file and Application servers running on Sun servers
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing Sub netting, routing
- Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Solaris platform
- Created User Accounts and Network Shares. Configured SUN Workstations as Domain Clients.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP and DNS Samba services running on Sun Solaris and RedHat Linux.
- Worked with Storage team to configure EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Managed Users for Solaris, HP-UNIX and Linux Servers and assigned rights to access network resources.
- Installation, Configuration and upgrade of RedHat Linux 2, 3, 4, 5 , CentOS, SUSE,
- User Administration, management and archiving.
- Configuring NFS, NIS, NIS , DNS, Auto Mount Disk Space Management on SUN Servers.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing Virtual Disks, Disk Mirrors RAID Levels.
- Data Center Migration support for CX, DMX attached hosts.
- Worked with OVF Open Virtual Machine Format supported tools VirtualBox, RedHat Virtualization XEN , and VMware Workstation.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Samba, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and Jboss servers in Sun Solaris and Linux environment.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform clean up of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Experience in storage administration support with EMC Symmetrix / DMX, Clariion, NetApp NAS filer and Brocade / Cisco Fiber Switches for zoning purposes.
- Troubleshooting host-based connectivity issues related to EMC software like PowerPath, Navisphere, ECC client software and third-party HBA's Emulex and Qlogic .
- Emulex and QLogic HBA cards installation and configuration of the host servers.
- Implemented Puppet configuration management system for Linux servers, and wrote rulesets to automatically configure CentOS /RHEL systems
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Kickstart and Puppet.
- Experience with Connectrix Manager and Data Fabric manager, Zoning, LUN allocation and Storage allocation to storage groups.
- Expertise in Performance Monitoring and Performance Tuning using Top, prstat, sar, vmstat, ps, iostat etc.
- Expertise in creating and managing Logical Volume Manager in HP-UX and RedHat Linux.
- Server Consolidation and Migration of Applications on Oracle Enterprise and Java Applications.
- Experience in building Production Servers and validation for new build releases.
- SENDMAIL configurations and administrations, testing the mail servers.
- Creating new file system, managing checking data consistency of the file system.
- Setup and configure VeritasNetBackup 5.x, 6.x and 6.5x Net Backup server / client tape libraries.
- Monitor, Modify and Optimize NetBackup activity, backup schedules and reporting to proactively avoid issues.
- Performed automated installations of Operating systems using Jumpstart, Flash Archive for Solaris and Ignite for HP-UX.
- Installation of Packages and Patches for Solaris 8/9/10, RedHat Linux 4/5, HP 11.X.
- Disk and file system management through Veritas Volume Manager / Veritas File System and Solstice Disk Suite.
- Involved in installation, configuration and administration of AIX 5.3/5.2 on PSeries server.
- Installed RedHat Enterprise Server 5.3 and 5.4 on HP Servers using Kickstart at different Merck sites around the world in VMware and Physical Servers.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on AIX nodes including RPC connectivity for NFS.
- Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted these directories on the Servers.
- Diagnosed and troubleshoot software and hardware related problems.
- Implemented installed AIX 5.3/5.2 and RedHat AS 4.0/3.0operating Systems on LPAR using HMC. Good knowledge of installing UNIX based operating systems on LPAR.
- Implemented AIX virtual I/O-VIO Server built LPARs with VIO Servers host DASD Virtual Ethernet also applied micro partitioning feature for optimizing CPU utilization.
- Installed and deployed operating system and security related patches and fixes.
- Performing NIM Installations of LPARs and DLPARS.
- Monitoring the performance and throughout or load on a server, server farm, or property.
- Performance tuning of activities to ensure the most efficient use of existing infrastructure.
- Experience in HMC administration, code update and taking HMC console backups.
- Setting up installable image of AIX operating system on master server and apply it on new clients.
- Deploying the Virtual I/O Servers and Clients on P Series.
- Assigning storage luns from the VIO server to VIO clients.
- Experience in AIX system backup and restores through different methods like conventional mksysb on tapes, mksysb through NIM, sysback through TSM and NIM.
- Good knowledge of Hardware management console HMC: update HMC code manage HMC Users, Configure Network setting for HMC.
- Good working knowledge of installing, configuring, and upgrading IBM Blade Center's Management Module.
- Implemented, installed and supported High availability Cluster HACMP 5.3 on IBM PSeries platform.
- Developed Shell scripts for automating the batch jobs.
- Involved in Storage management, LVM, File system management, User account management, data backups and user's logon support.
- Involved in testing of products and documentation of necessary changes required in this environment.