HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERIENCE
- Virtual Systems Infrastructure vCloud Director, vSphere, VMware ESX, VMware View, Workstation, Virtual Center, Converter, Capacity Planner, Microsoft Virtual Servers and Virtual PC, Citrix Xenserver, Microsoft Hyper V, V-Ranger, NetApp EMC HP IBM storage virtualization
- Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003 Servers MCSE and Server Systems SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, SQL, APP-V, DNS, DHCP, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operations Manager, etc.
- Project Management Experience in Private vCloud Design and Deployment, Server/Workstation Systems Deployment/Upgrade and Network Infrastructure.
- Storage Area Networks Fibre Channel and iSCSI and EMC/Dell, HP, IBM Storage Platforms.
- Advanced Environmental Scripting VBScript, Powershell, WSH/WMI/ADSI
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration and Development 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2
- High Availability Systems Microsoft Clustering Load Balancing, F5 virtual appliance, Citrix Netscaler Appliance, and Barracuda Appliance
- Server-Based Computing Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix MetaFrame XP, Citrix Presentation Server, and MS Terminal Services
- Intel Hardware HP DL, ML, BL Series Dell Power Edge Systems and IBM xSeries and Blade Center
Senior Infrastructure Architect Sr Consultant
- Lead technical and non-technical discussions with both technician and non-technical end-users.
- Lead large-scale technical projects, working with staff and vendors to gather requirements, scope technical efforts, determine solutions, set up project tasks/plans, and then implement those solutions.
- Write proposals or papers, make presentations to internal customers and peers, and work closely with upper management.
- Advise on system security and escalate as required to achieve security objectives.
- Work with managers to complete projects and deliverables.
- Provide overall governance and oversight of systems architecture and IT vision.
- Provide correctional guidance in regards to development of applications and IT architectural configurations.
- Provide technical expertise required to complete Tactical Services contracts.
- Assist in completing needs assessments for new projects.
- Work with Project Managers to complete tasks and set customer expectations.
- Coordinate changes to technical diagrams with the Project Manager.
- Coordinate meeting agendas with Project Manager.
- Assist in scope definition for Tactical Services Statements of Work SOW .
- Assist Project Manager with development and prioritization of the technical details of the project plan.
- Assist Project Manager with the creation of a migration plan for infrastructure and applications.
- Participation in Transition to Support TTS meetings.
- Demonstrated application of architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs.
- Design and Implementation of infrastructure architectures that meet their customers internal / external requirements and are consistent with enterprise architectural standards.
- Supports the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts focused on infrastructure optimization.
- Acts as a thought leader and arbiter of decisions in their specific areas of expertise.
- Works with constituents and the Enterprise Architecture EA team to gain consensus and establish infrastructure standards, policies and directions.
- Support the definition and selection of enterprise tools, technologies and processes relating to technology infrastructure.
- Review and approve infrastructure architectural standards and processes changes.
- Ensure representation from all the stakeholders in the design of technology infrastructure solutions.
- Act as an expert in the design, development, implementation, and management technology infrastructure.
- Facilitator and moderator of future collaborative work team content related to technology infrastructure architecture including infrastructure virtualization, application pattern work teams, domain specific content or governance content.
- Ensure that all technology infrastructure components have a standardized approach to monitoring and management.
Senior Infrastructure Architect IT Manager
- Propose infrastructure changes to better align business needs with current and future technologies.
- Research, identify, and provide key cost projections and ROI's to board members based on current workloads and overall growth projections.
- Work with department heads and team leaders to identify key areas that can benefit from virtualization, and outline policies and procedures that will govern the use of the technology once implemented.
- Design and implement multiple vSphere clusters utilizing VMware configuration manager to ensure a consistent build across the board.
- Design and implement a tiered storage infrastructure to allow for flexibility, Quality of service, and interoperability with existing technology.
- Coordinated with the Networking team to design and implement our distributed Switching infrastructure using both built-in VMware functionality an enhancements made by cisco to there core switching technology.
- Build detailed project plans for every deployment including needed resources, attached configuration, projected project start end dates, and cost.
- Lead team of six senior engineers in deployment of our internal vCloud.
- Design, deploy, and manage Xendesktop virtualization platform as well as thin clients from wyse.
- Built detailed deployment guide including configuration requirements needed for VMware vCenter integration.
- Build desktop OS templates used by citrix provisioning service.
- Built custom GPO's for thin provisioned desktops.
- Train system a team of administrators on the day-to-day activates needed to maintain a health virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, and manage citrix xenapp application virtualization to provide anywhere access to internal applications and services.
- Build configuration guide for xenapp deployment and application provisioning.
- Train system a team of administrators on the day-to-day activates needed to maintain an optimized XenApp environment and provide detailed access information to all departments.
- Design and implement secure anywhere access to all company wide application and data utilizing products from Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, and F5.
- Design and implemented VMware cloud director as the endpoint for user interaction with internal vCloud resources.
- Provisioning resources Memory, CPU, Storage, and network access and assign them to departments.
- Provide templates that can dynamically be deployed by end-users to consume provisioned resources.
- Educate all vCloud users on the proper procedures and policies tied to all resources available to them via the vCloud.
- Design, deploy, and configure VMware vShield firewalls to manage virtual network level access between virtual machines.
- Build access policies based on department and application needs as well as isolation policies for virtual machines within the same vLan.
- Deploy and configure VMware lab manager for the testing and QA departments. Build virtual machine templates used by Lab manager composed of different OS Build and configurations.
- Provide detailed documentation and training video on the use of Lab manager to Testing, QA, and Development.
- Install and configure VMware chargeback, converter, update manager. Configure DRS and HA to provide redundancy, high availability, and ensure resources are evenly distributed across the cluster.
- Install and configure site recovery manager to accomplish three objectives.
- 1. First is the need for site wide disaster recovery of mission critical systems.
- 2. Second, provide a geographically conscious load-balanced environment.
- 3. Third it provides a testable DR solution that can be executed at anytime without impacting production.
- Install and configure VMware capacity Planner to provide visibility into our growing infrastructure and assist in growth projections specifically around equipment acquisition.
- Provide detailed Documentation and training materials for all systems that satisfy these requirements Deployment, Configuration, Administration, Support, and everyday end-user actions .
- Redesign active directory structure based on departmental breakdown and build new group policy object to govern new Active Directory structure.
- Design and deploy Multiply SQL 2008 R2 Active Active Clusters as required by Testing, QA, and Production.
- Virtualized existing exchange 2007 environment. Propose, design, and implemented exchange 2007 migration to exchange 2010 Sp1.
- Propose, design, and implemented Office Communication Server 2007 r2.
- Deployed and configured multiple custom virtual machines to assist in replicating problems client services face in different client environments.
Senior System Architect IT Manager
- Architect, Develop, and Deploy Internal External VMware Citrix vCloud computing infrastructure, to support InfoHedge's Growing Client base.
- Design Implement an EMC Tiered Storage Infrastructure including site-to-site synchronous asynchronous data replication.
- Design and Deploy Citrix Xenapp Server Farm to support all internal and client based application.
- Develop and implement Citrix based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure accessible via our private vCloud.
- Create and deploy Virtual Machine Quality of Service policies to ensure optimal performance of client systems.
- Create redundant vCenter and implemented Site Recovery Manager.
- Create OS template and manager Virtual Machine from creation to termination with VMware Lifecycle Manager.
- Implement DRS, HA, and vMotion Policies based on server load, virtual machine performance, and or distributed workloads.
- Create Documentation and run-books for day-to-day operations. Create scripts for repetitive administrative tasks.
- Deploy SQL 2008 and Exchange 2007 Clusters according to best practices design for Virtual Environments.
- Install, Configure, and deploy Citrix Access Gateway's for universal Access to vCloud from virtually any host connected to the Internet.
- Manage Team of 32 System Engineers responsible for onsite remote support of customer's equipment.
- Leverage VMware vShield to create layer 4 security policies between Virtual Machines on the same Vlan.
- Implement a 3rd party system auditing and reporting tools to ensure the optimal security and accountability to our Clients.
Senior Systems Integration Consultant
- Consult with Customer on their current Infrastructure, Plan for future needs, and Architect Solutions that meet their requirements and goals.
- Primarily focused on Solutions surrounding VMware Citrix Virtualization and Server Storage Consolidation Projects with heavy Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery implications.
- Develop and Execute Customized Technical Workshops, which includes planning, designing, and configuring custom Infrastructure Solutions for Customers.
- Train Customer in regard to the Infrastructure as implemented.
- As technical lead for Virtualization, Consolidation, Datacenter Design Assessment, I coordinated with Account Executives, Project Managers, Solution Architects, and Partners to review customer requirements and goals, then develop a Scoping Assistance Report for the Pre-Sales team to use in writing the Statement of Work.
- Lead Architect and Consultant on Project for City Hospital to virtualize their current Tier 1 server and storage infrastructure as part of plan to replicate their Datacenter for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Senior System Engineer
- Redesigned Microsoft Active Directory Environment to better reflect departmental breakdown and governing group policies.
- Design, develop, and deploy 4-node Exchange 2003 Backend Cluster and a 2-node load balancing frontend Cluster.
- Develop and deploy a 2-node SQL Server 2005 x64 Cluster.
- Complete Migration of Microsoft Exchange Databases from Standalone System to Clustered Environment.
- Develop and Implement Disaster Recovery Procedures to insure availability of mission critical systems.
- Design, develop, and implement centralized application availability, and delivery through the use Citrix Presentation Server Farm.
- Manage system-wide virtualization of non-mission critical systems.
- Design and deploy multi-site file replication and centralized continuous protection backup.
- Redesign backup procedures to a more tiered architecture.
- Design internal network configuration to a Core/Edge Cisco inspired design with 4gig of dedicated bandwidth between Core and Edge.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Upgrade Microsoft Small Business server 2000 to Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.
- Provided High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solution for the Exchange Environment through XOsoft's WAN Sync Software.
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory Schema, Replication, and Group Policy Security.
- Designed and Implemented Microsoft Live Communication and Sharepoint Services.
- Instrumental in the Planning and Deployment of Cisco based VOIP Solutions.
- Cross-Connecting Multi-Platform Systems W2k3, Redhat, HPUX, and Solaris .
- Build, Maintain, and Support Hardware, Software, and LAN WAN Technologies.
- Install and Configure DNS, DHCP, FTP, Samba, and NFS in a Sun Solaris Redhat Linux Environment.
- Design, Implement, and Troubleshoot a Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory based Network Infrastructure.
- Deploy Exchange 2003 Office 2003 across an Enterprise WAN.
- Configure Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access and Microsoft Outlook Mobile Access for Exchange 2003.
- Design, deploy, and manage ISA 2003 Firewall and VPN Services.
- Install new Software Releases, System Upgrades, Evaluate and Install Patches Service Packs .
- Resolve Software Related Problems.
- Perform System Backup and Recovery. Maintain and Monitor System Configuration to Ensure Data Integrity.
PC Maintenance Technician
- Maintains, Analyzes, Troubleshoots, and Repairs Computer Systems, Hardware, and Computer Peripherals.
- Document Upgrades or replacement of Hardware and Software within network.
- Support and Maintain User Account Information, including User rights, Security, and Systems Groups.