An accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success implementing strategic IT initiatives to improve business functionality encompass positive impacts on the bottom line equipped with a skilled, multi-task, work ethic with ability to maximize productivity. Technology savvy self-starter, adept at encountering new situations and extrapolate from existing experience to quickly adapt to new technologies fluently. Possess communication and collaboration skills to lead and work in concert with diverse groups effectively.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
- Operating Systems: Windows 9x, ME, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8 all versions DOS, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 2012 SBS, Standard Enterprise , Novell Netware 6.0, Limited experience with Mac OS 10.5-8
- Hardware: SAN Dell, EMC, clustering , NAS, BDR, Firewalls PIX/ASA, Sonicwall, Watchguard , Cisco Routers Switches, Dell, DLink, Netgear Switches, Panasonic Phone systems KX-TD series , Mitel Inter-tel 3000 Phone system, Cisco Nortel VOIP, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Fiber, Cat 5e, Cat 6, POTS, T1/T3, PRIs, Laptops, Workstations, Servers Dell, HP, IBM, Sony , Industrial PCs, Motherboards, CPUs, Memory, RAID, SCSI, Monitors, Projectors, Printers, Copiers, Plotters, Scanners and other peripherals.
- Software: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 R2 , 2012 R2 , VMware v4.1-v5.5, Hyper-V, Windows Powershell, Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Powershell, IIS versions 6 - 7.5, GPO, Cisco Call Manager, Avaya IP Office Manager, SharePoint, Blackberry Enterprise Server v5.0, Blackberry Professional Software v4.1, MDM/BYOD, FTP/TFTP, VPN Clients, Citrix, Terminal Service, VNC, RDP, PCAnywhere, Microsoft Office 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, Office365, Microsoft Lync 2010 2013, Business Contact Manager, SQL Server 2005-2008 R2, Microsoft Visio 2010 2013, AS400, Novell NetAdmin Client, Sedona Office, Amadeus, Manitou, Cabinet NG, Adobe, AutoCAD 2005, Win Mark Pro, Spectre Soft, MS Operations Manager, Acronis Echo Workstation Server w/Universal Restore, Veritas Backup Exec, SolarWinds, Vipre Enterprise, McAfee, Trend Micro, Mozy Pro, Symantec Endpoint, Norton Ghost, Symantec Backup Exec, AVG Avast AntiVirus, and ticketing like: ConnectWise, Kaseya, ZenithInfoTech, Remedy, USD, and TOSS.
- Networks/Protocols: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, POP3, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP, ICMP, RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, IDS, IPS, ACL, NAT, PAT, VPN, TELNET, SSH
Cyber-Threat Security Analyst
Worked in a niche Security Operations group that was not part of the NOC, SOC, nor firewall team. I did forensics investigation for penetration testing on PCI compliant networks. Some tenants include Alliance Data Services, Hallmark, and Vertex Inc. My assignments were related to PCI penetration testing remediation, but others were issues that were never resolved and usually reassigned and transferred from team to team because the time was never taken to find the root cause. I served as glue between the teams, often having to reach out to different resources on each of the teams. Part of my investigation required looking into outstanding incidents, service requests, and work orders providing evidence of root cause utilizing tools such as QRadar, Nessus, Tripwire, Zenmap, Envision, Triole CMDB, and looking at security appliance configurations. The security appliances I worked with were Bluecoat Proxy and Cisco ASAs. Bluecoat tickets were going to be transferred to the firewall team, but while I was there I handled the Bluecoat tickets making configuration changes in a test environment then implementing in production. With Cisco ASAs I looked at the running configuration including thousands of lines of ACLs. The network was documented on a large scale but no documentation existed of all the intricate network changes of some particular clients so it did require a great amount of effort to investigate these tickets. Often the ticket was poorly documented and I had to find out the actual issue. If I did not have authority to make the appropriate changes to resolve the ticket myself I would have to track down and assign it to the appropriate resource.
Microsoft Lync/Unified Communications Engineer
As a Telephony Engineer I was responsible for the deployment of VOIP solutions with Polycom phones that I fully integrated with Microsoft Lync 2013, built a baseline configuration file from scratch for each phone model, provisioned phones, security, set up users in Lync for Enterprise Voice used Windows PowerShell to do the bulk of the provisioning. I traveled around the US going to clients' sites for migrations taking out old Cisco VOIP system and implementing a fully integrated Microsoft Lync 2013 VOIP solution with Polycom phones. During the migration I also was responsible for making any firewall changes necessary for the migration and analog gateway, moving any analog lines for fax machines and security systems. All of the warehouses had overhead paging so we use AudioCodes MP118 analog gateways to integrate the paging system to the VOIP system. I did all of the programing on the AudioCodes appliances and also configured CP911 emergency dialing so if the WAN went down the local network could still reach the analog gateway and use the POTS line to dial 911 and get the correct call back number and address on caller ID. Trained end users how to use the new phones and also setup and Bluetooth headsets required, also supported Microsoft Lync and Office 365. After testing all of the phones, fax lines, overhead paging, emergency 911 calling and train the end users labeling all new punches, jacks, fax machines, the analog gateway and taking pictures of the telecom environment and documenting all of the DIDs, user PIN authentications, I would create a master spreadsheet and submit all documentation and pictures to the project manager.
Windows Systems Administrator
- As a System Engineer I was responsible for Hardie's entire network infrastructure across all locations. I also served as the Sr. Windows Systems Administrator and Tier 3 support. The network consisted of 5 locations, approximately 35 Windows Server 2008 R2 2012 , in which 8 Windows servers were VMs and the remaining were physical servers. I supported around 400 end users. Each of their locations had a Cisco ASA 5505 or 5510 that I managed and configured all updates. I managed the entire virtual environment, the hosts' resources, and backups of all servers. We used DPM for physical servers and Veeam Backup for VMs. MPLS network between locations and I also setup fail over SSL VPN tunnels through the DIA for backup. Projects I did while I was at Hardie's:
- Implemented Microsoft Exchange High Availability environment with full redundancy
- Migrated end users from Office 2007 2010 to Office365 and setup OneDrive synchronization settings with local user data
- Deployed LogMeIn Central solution for remote support on all networked PCs, Laptops, Servers
- Deployed TrendMicro Office Scan solution throughout the entire network
- Setup and configured a new helpdesk system with inventory, asset management, reporting, CMDB, MDM, workflow, endpoint protection automation from SysAid Technologies
- Setup local print server at each location and deployed printers through group policy for each location and their respective departments and personnel
- Revised the network IP Scheme by implementing VLANs throughout the network because they were not structured for growth and needed to minimize broadcast traffic
Cyber-Threat Security Analyst contract
- At Bank of America I was on the Global Information Security team in the Network Detection Response department. The Bank of America network is the most complex network I have ever seen. There are over 70,000 border routers. HP does manage the ISP side of the network. Approximately 95 of the servers were in virtual environments using VMWare or Hyper-V. There are several data centers around the world but there are three main ones here in the US. Our team is in charge of making sure that customer information is kept private, websites stay functional and part of my job duty included monitoring external facing network traffic and use our tools and knowledge to mitigate DDoS or other common attacks so that there is no customer impact. I would configure Arbor Peakflow SP, X, NSI appliances then ship them to their destinations to be connected to some border router. There are several ways we accomplish this but I cannot go into too much detail due to security reasons. We would use our appliances and other utilities to break down out network traffic so that we could notice anomalies, watch for zombies and bots, and set up alerts for threshold breaches. Upon any suspicious activity we would use forensics to look at the packets and bits to make a decision on whether to allow or block the traffic based on what is found.
- Prevented hackers, crackers from effecting customer experience
- Made network documentation and uploaded to Sharepoint
- I was the go to engineer for the NSI models
Windows Systems Administrator
- As the System Engineer at Goodson Acura of Dallas I was solely responsible for the entire environment across four locations communicated with all 3rd party vendors, project planning, management, and implementation. All end users using Active Directory in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment email hosted by Rackspace Exchange IMAP provided training on end user programs serviced and maintained all client PCs, servers, maintained resolved all issues used McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition Avaya IP Office - VOIP systems, and supported the internal network infrastructure containing Cisco 3800 series routers, Cisco 2900 series routers, and Cisco 2960 series switches. Also configured and maintained Sonicwall 2400 series UTM firewalls with IDS, IPS GAV, Sonicwall's Sonicpoint WiFi solution.
- Solved all of the Wi-Fi problems throughout the entire building, implemented MDM BYOD for customers and vendors and managed the Virtual SSIDs
- Configured the customer PCs in the lounge so that no changes could be made by the customer thus no longer a need to spend time on correcting changes made by customers and fixing problems to get the computer running again
- Implemented folder redirection and roaming profiles so that any user could use any computer and it would be seamless to the end user. This also included Outlook with IMAP configuration.
- Configured and enabled Content Filtering Service through the Sonicwall with LDAP integration and Single Sign-On and also setup Viewpoint and web usage reports that were automatically email to the General Manager.
Windows Systems/Network Engineer
- During my time at CMC Network Solutions I worked on a number of projects for different clients. These projects include, but are not limited to Network Analysis, implementation of HIPPA compliant networks, firewalls Cisco PIX/ASA, Watchguard, Sonicwall , and overall infrastructure for LAN WAN topologies. Maintain and help deploy Cisco VOIP systems. All of the networks are Windows Server environments using Active Directory for the most part, some Novell. Setup DHCP DNS on servers. Most clients use Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007 2010 if they do not CMC would implement Exchange Server if budget allowed. Most of our clients used either Trend Micro or McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection. I often work directly with executives owners from these companies since the majority of the client base is small to medium sized businesses. I provide training support on software and hardware for a variety of applications: POS systems, iPhones iPads, Blackberry, tablets and all other smartphone/PDA devices including android. Implemented wireless 802.1x BYOD MDM at many of our clients sites including some Dallas school districts. Some of CMC's clients were strictly break/fix while others were contracted and project based. Wrote work orders, documentation analysis of all work performed. Clients that expanded their company and purchased a new location I would handle the project alone from beginning to end depending on the size of the environment. In these situations I would first asses the customer needs and their equipment, document everything, write up a statement of work, present it to the client and implement the entire project myself. Customer satisfaction is always my personal first priority.
- I setup a SharePoint server to manage our client database documentation and provide access to all of our technicians. Made Visio documents of clients' network topology making things easier to identify
- Setup Equallogic virtualized iSCSI SANs with VMWare ESX ESXi
- I did the entire merger project of two companies: Launchability Readystart single handedly
As a Windows Systems Administrator my primary responsibilities included doing all of the field work for our client base often working directly with executives for that company. This could anything from a simple PC hardware problem or physical problem that could not be handled remotely to building complete networks that are virtual environments using VMWare or physical Windows Server 2003 2008 R2 environments using Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VOIP systems from the ground up. Performed email solutions migration to and from Exchange. Migrated from Office 2007 to 2010 and up to Office 2013 and Office365. With clients that wanted BYOD wireless devices on their network we would implement 802.1x MDM. We also implemented security solutions such as McAfee Endpoint Protection, Trend Micro and other Endpoint Security solutions. With new clients I would go on-site: evaluate the environment and document. I would install our monitoring software and then deploy the agents complete all unified threat management processes for Sonicwall and antivirus, configure the Sonicwall for their environment setting up VPN tunnels, or SSL connections and configure NAT and firewall rules. We used Sonicwall as our standard firewall and router, which provided DHCP DNS as well, that was generally placed behind a Cisco router provided by the ISP, other connection may have a router provided by the ISP that we simply bridge the connection to the Sonicwall device other customers had a Watchguard firewall as their main device. I am proficient in Sonicwall, Watchguard and Cisco all layer 2 3 devices I have configured for many different clients. My secondary responsibility was to handle all internal IT projects. For instance I setup a Microsoft Lync Server 2010, an FTP server, provided Microsoft Visio drawing for all clients, and input documentation for all of our client base into ConnectWise. Provided project design, management and planning for small and large scale projects that our clients required for upgrades, expansion, etc. I was end-all supports for everything.
- Wrote VBS and BAT scripts to automate things as much as possible
I served as a Contractor for Greystar's IT department working specifically on their unified threat management project. This project included implementing a new security solution, called Fortinet, for all of Greystar's properties. Daily duties consisted of contacting each property by phone, and use remote tools such as WebEx and LogMeIn to install Forticlient on all of Greystar's computers. We also went through the process of uninstalling Norton Antivirus, McAfee, AVG, or any other antivirus program that would conflict with Forticlient which provides endpoint protection and security. After the client was installed, it would synchronize with the Fortimanager, We could then access the Fortimanager via web portal, and create a group for each property and assign the computers accordingly. Full documentation for each installation was filled out, including checklists, and filed. Fixed any problems that came up after the installation took place and make adjustments to the Fortimanager if necessary.
- IT Administrator providing both remote and onsite support for a client base of approximately one-hundred seventy companies including banks, law firms, manufacturing companies, travel companies, etc. We used a custom build web based GUI ticketing system called TOSS Twist Operations Support System . Daily tasks include working tickets in a queue while abiding to our service level agreement with each client. Emergency 1 hour , High Priority 24 hour , and Low Priority 48 hour tickets were assigned by the Operations department and passed off to one of five engineer teams. My team serviced forty six clients providing a wide variety of support including network engineering and implementation, systems integrations, upgrades, endpoint security, virtualization using VMWare or Hyper-V, Exchanger Server 2003 2007, EMS, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, IIS, Cisco SSL VPN, Cisco VOIP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls PIX/ASA , Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and a wide variety of third party programs including Remedy ticketing and some Linux troubleshooting. End user support was also provided for each client reaching a total of approximately two thousand end users assigned to my support team. I support end users with PC problems related to software, and also with smartphone devices.
- Serve as a tier 2 support engineer for Cisco related tickets
- Configure and support Cisco routers, switches, alarm receivers, and firewall to provide communication paths between various types of alarm panel transmitters, including analog, digital, GSM, IP, to process signals while providing one-hundred percent reliability to ensure that every signal received from outside of the company may reach the operators in an efficient, timely manner. Setup, install, and support various application servers to meet company needs including Manitou alarm processing automation software, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, BCM, BES, MDM, FTP, Terminal Service, Oaisys NetPhone, Inter-tel phone system, Adtran, Zetafax, Cabinet NG, and SAN. I applied Access Control Lists to Cisco Catalyst router to limit inbound WAN traffic from hitting the Watchguard firewall. I also had to Program alarm receivers and wireless AES radios for prior to releasing the unit to the dealer so that they could seamlessly install the unit with little to no configuration on the network side. Multitask between projects/installs/upgrades and end user support including management and executive staff using Remedy ticketing system.
- Designed new network rack with redundancy, setup VLANs, and ensured security with firewall and DMZ.
- Improved wire management on two sever racks and six receiver racks and documented all connections.
- Implemented a fax to email server to automate incoming and outgoing faxes, increasing employee productivity.
Customer Service Technology Advisor
- Provide help desk technical support over the phone for Verizon fiber optic clients. Effectively troubleshoot data, phone, and video issues while filling out trouble tickets in Remedy, and providing excellent customer service. Schedule dispatches if problem cannot be resolved over the phone, or escalate trouble tickets to the correct department. Use remote desktop support when applicable to setup email accounts within Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, MSN, Yahoo, and Endpoint Protection if the client had purchased this option through Verizon. Instruct customers how to navigate through software, video menus, and voicemail options. Resolve issues with set top boxes, cabling, and menu settings.
- Able to obtain 100 first call resolution through entire employment.
- Promoted to mentor/floor walker after three months.
- Succeeded in maintaining great quality scores as well as daily stats including average handle time, hold time, etc.
- Support and manage the IT department for the local plant. Troubleshoot errors and malfunctions in equipment for both office and production areas. Install new PC and video systems, programs, upgrades, endpoint protection, network, and telephone connections. Provide training for users on equipment and programs specific to production and everyday operations as well as remote and phone support. Setup Active Directory accounts, AS400 profiles and print queues, Novell users and print queues. Program Panasonic KX-T7436 phone systems. Monitor video surveillance for the facility and provide video feed in any case of theft or damaged property. Communicate with business contacts to uphold consistent supplies and technical support when needed. Perform preventative maintenance on all industrial PC cabinets, cabling, and network MDF IDFs.
- Created complete barcode inventory control system for IT department with database infrastructure, accounting for all purchases and equipment already in place.
- Setup and installed equipment for two training rooms including overhead projector, surround sound, remote drop-down screens, and wireless interaction One included an ESS Kiosk station for employees to update their insurance benefits.
- Installed several 32 or higher LCDs throughout each department to provide laborers with constant feedback on their performance, and also quick reference to upcoming production schedules.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi from 802.11g to 802.11n plant-wide.