Responsibilities included acquisition, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining shared, dedicated, and virtual servers for a large and diverse client base. The operating systems were mostly RedHat and Debian based. Also had a large role in rolling out of virtualization nodes running OpenVZ, Xen, and KVM, and integrating these systems with SolusVM and WHMCS, to the company division which became Dotblock.
Started out as a customer support technician, troubleshooting various issues for clients, via phone and e-mail communication.
I worked independently, providing local businesses and individuals with their needs, including networking, repair, troubleshooting, and new systems.
- Personal income tax returns that had incorrect or conflicting information needed to be reviewed and exceptions entered into the mainframe for further processing.
- FreeBSD, RedHat, Debian, Windows 7, 2003, 2008. Amazon EC2/S3
- Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, Nagios, Zabbix, WHM/cPanel, Plesk, BASH
- Xen, KVM, OpenVZ, SolusVM, WHMCS, New Relic, Kayako, Tomcat
- Security hardening, performance optimization, migration, planning, backup