Platforms and Applications:
Hypervisors: Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware workstation, server and Vsphere server. Microsoft Exchange 2003 to 2010sp3, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows7, Windows 8, Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 operating systems. MS Office, Outlook, WSUS, SharePoint 2010 administrator as well as Citrix MetaFrame. Symantec Antivirus and SEP and Ghost. Avast Antivirus and Various Anti-Malware utilities ex: Malware Bytes, Combofix . Backup Applications: CA's Brightstor Arcserve, Symantec Backup Exec. Miscellaneous: Hardware troubleshooting - repair/diagnosis/analysis, Network cabling running/repair/fluke.
- Systems Implementation, administration and maintenance for in house and SAI Systems government and local clients.
- Assisted with management of local MS Exchange Server 2010
- Assisted with troubleshooting/management of server pool via VMware VSPHERE server
- Managed and repaired local and walk-in Toshiba, Fujitsu and Lenovo desktops and laptops
- Managed Windows 2012 R2 Windows Deployment Services Server for image deployments
- Administrator for Windows 2008 and 2012 server pool.
- Managed CISCO phone and VOIP set up new phones, config old ones, coordinate with Cisco
- Assisted with Level 1 Sharepoint troubleshooting and interaction with dev team
- Managed EMC SAN restarts, hard drive swaps, raid config, weekend maintenance
- Assisted in Ticket System test, setup, config
- Managed Barracuda Web filter and troubleshoot of email
- Managed creation of end user accounts, email accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Assisted with management of setting up of blackberry and android smartphones
- Assisted with management of Symantec Endpoint Protection Server
- Assisted with management of servers, printers and other application servers
- Performed Hardware/Software Install, config, Tshoot, racking for local servers, desktops, laptops
- Performed onsite and remote desktop support for clients in multiple locations
- Managed, maintained and installed new Symmetra RM multi-battery UPS's
- Recommended, scheduled and performed network improvements, upgrades and repairs
- Worked closely with off shore support in India
- Travel to client locations
- Systems implementation, administration and maintenance for dozens of Gig Werks clients' Windows based computer systems.
- Managed Exchange 2007/2010 Server at multiple locations
- Handled level 1 sharepoint administration and interaction with devs.
- Managed Citrix uptime via MS HyperV including client side installation/configuration and testing
- Provided hands-on tech support for multiple clients and locations.
- o Supporting clients from 10 to 150 users
- Hardware/Software Installation and Troubleshoot for Windows servers, desktops, laptops and server racks.
- Managed Barracuda Web filters and Spam firewalls, Symantec Endpoint Protection Servers, Active Directory and Group Policies, network printers and 3rd party application support
- Managed both Symantec BackupExec Server as well as CA ARCserve backup server and tape library autoloaders
- Remote client assistance via RDP, VPN and MS Live Meeting
- Documentation of client networks as well as troubleshooting and How-to guides.
- Provided onsite support for a 1000 server data center
- VMware for decommissions, cloning for troubleshooting, disaster recovery and steady state
- Acted as hands and feet for Exchange team on speed and duplex changes across server pool
- Provided hands and feet support during v-to-p of over 300 servers using VMware
- Handled level 2 SEV-1 support request escalations
- Performed and tracked decommissions of over 700 IBM x-series servers
- Managed documentation for and worked/trained off-shore level 1 support
- Wintel technical lead on large scale server deployments across multiple sites
- Responsible for hardware/software upgrades and maintenance
- Assisted management in company audits and compliance checks
- Supported non-Windows teams with hands-n-feet support on their servers
- Responsible for patching of servers
- Provided hands-on tech support in a 24/7 on-call coverage rotation
Computer Department Lead
- IT Administration for 80 user LAN/WAN 60 workstations, 17 servers
- Managed SQL sever for local FAST application users
- Manage Fault Tolerant Replicated Systems - Windows 2000 and 2003 Server
- Project Manager Windows 2003 Server deployments at 5 remote sites
- Managed Double Take Replication Software
- Managed Citrix MetaFrame Access Gateway and Dial-Up modem pool
- Manage Norton AntiVirus Server
- Manage IPSwitch IMail Server
- WinNT4 domain migration to Windows 2000 native mode domain
- Manage ARCServ backup services to LTO, 8mm and File Storage
- Aggressive and meticulous documentation, superior people skills
- Ability to take action without direct consultation for most issues
Tech Support in a Windows NT/98/95 30 user LAN