Information technology professional with fourteen years of technical, analytic and administrative experience implementing and managing IT infrastructure services seeking a position as Systems Administrator in the Atlanta, GA area. Expert administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft operating systems and Windows networks. Highly motivated, independently driven, proficient in systems administration, capable of mastering many areas of technology to transform into useful means. Ability to prioritize, provide solutions and utilize communication skills towards achieving goals. History of successfully guiding and supporting peers and customers while providing superior service.
Confidential Systems Network Analyst III
- Management and support of IT environment for large airport, primarily in support of airport authority administrative offices. Serve at senior level administration in IT department Server Group. Oversee Windows-based IT environments spanning multiple domains, sites, and security boundaries. Monitor daily IT operations, perform day to day management of Active Directory environment, provision user accounts, GPO's, remedy or improve system health issues. Actively participate in IT cost estimates, purchasing, vendor issues, budgeting and planning systems life-cycle change outs. Serve as tier 2 tier 3 advanced troubleshooting resolution on Windows networking and server infrastructure issues. Apply best practices towards management of IT systems, security hardening. Charged with procurement and implementation of new equipment and technologies and their integration into existing systems. Coordinate activities of Server and Desktop teams to meet project deadlines and resolve customer demands.
- Initiated conversion of physical server and desktop systems to virtualization solutions to reduce overhead
- Introduced integration of System Center technologies into network environment enabling greater centralized management
- Migrated service desk function and IT division from residual use of paper forms over to WebHelpDesk system to consolidate management of service requests, problem calls, purchase orders, asset tracking.
- Continuously plan and manage system upgrades and migrations to newer systems
Systems Network Analyst II
- Lead for Desktop Services Section of the IT division. Worked with Server and Network Services Groups on managing network environment. Performed daily administration of Active Directory items such as user and computer accounts, security settings and permissions to network resources. Respond to calls or inquiries escalated from Tier 1 support to resolve hardware, software, network problems. Key player in the development and compliance of company data backup and IT disaster recovery plans. Work alongside IT Security Team on computer usage policies while adhering to SSI sensitive security information and PCI compliance guidelines. Evaluated new systems hardware and applications against existing systems and recommend solutions. Integrated new technologies into the IT infrastructure. Consulted users on technology needs, provided demonstrations and training. Monitored and diagnosed system and performance problems and resolve issues through troubleshooting measures and root cause analysis.
- Oversaw and successfully migrated major environment change from Novell Directory Services and Novell Groupwise over to Windows network using Active Directory and Exchange. Migrated client workstations simultaneously.
- Implemented formal helpdesk system, later converted to System Center Service Manager.
Systems Network Analyst I
- Served as key point of contact for IT Helpdesk problem calls and service requests for company. Planned and deployed upgrading and migration projects from older operating systems. Served as technical analyst between information systems staff and company divisions performing preliminary diagnoses, applying solutions, maintaining systems and installing upgrades. Responded to calls or inquiries from technicians to resolve hardware, software, peripheral equipment, or network problems. Assisted with data backup and recovery issues using tools such as Backup Exec. Continuously evaluated new systems hardware and applications against existing systems. Designed standard PC images for company-wide use. Managed inventory of department hardware/software and licensing. Managed 60 networked workgroup printers and plotters.
- Developed and implemented inventory lifecycle tracking system
- Standardized company workstation image for simple deployment and to provide a uniform end-user experience
Computer Systems Technician
- Carried out hardware/software support, configuration and maintenance for large airport-wide Windows-based systems, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP. Deployed, configured and maintained Windows operating systems. Developed standard PC images to be deployed for company-wide use using imaging tools such as Norton Ghost Enterprise and Microsoft Sysprep for packaging and deploying new or reissued computers to users. Maintain company hardware inventory tracking, keep workbench tools and parts stocked.
- Carried-out installation and configuration of PC hardware, software and peripherals
- Worked to rapidly troubleshoot hardware/software problems while collaborating with Systems Administrators to resolve desktop issues