To achieve high career growth through a continuous learning process that keeps me dynamic, visionary, and competitive alongside the changing scenario of the world that is cultivated through Information Technology.
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Assisted in the acquisition of proper Dell Servers best suited for Hadoop implementation in addition to deploying and configuring bios at Datacenter.
- Configured RAID volumes and backups to ensure crucial data was always available.
- Configured network directives such as properly defining hostnames, domainnames, subnets, and IP Routes.
- Provisioned servers using Kickstart and Cobbler with DNSMASQ using MACID based configurations with predefined variables created using bash scripts.
- Ensured connectivity between Hadoop cluster using password-less authentication and host directives.
- Created Bash scripts to simultaneously manage entire rack, monitor disk/cpu/ram usage and alerts with cooperation from CRON.
- Created Bash scripts for monitoring the log files for events such as failed ssh authentication and taking appropriate actions by adding offending IP's and hostnames to IPtables, TCPWrappers.
- Implemented security practices by base-lining the cluster by removing all but necessary services as well as base-lining the network for anomaly detection.
- Setup a security-onion based system, which consisted of the following levels.
- Forwarding only VPN port on the External Firewall while restricting all other inbound/outbound movement.
- Hostname-based security on VPN to access internal LAN.
- Implemented Proxy server for inbound/outbound requests based on initial base-line.
- Used Host-based firewall to further mitigate the potential of threat.
- Troubleshooted Network/System issues to ensure servers were accessible yet secure in addition to ensuring that the required services were effectively running.
- Conducted tests using various open/closed-source tools such as Nmap and Nessus to rule out any additional vulnerabilities.
- On call for various unforeseen issues that arose in addition to making unscheduled but crucial visits to the datacenter.
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Built/Troubleshooted/Maintained/Updated and Backed up critical RHEL/CentOS systems to allow for maximum reliability and disaster recovery.
- Performed OS upgrades as well as deploying application updates and critical patches.
- Performed System Hardening using various kernel services in addition to implementing Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention Systems and ACL's.
- Deployed/Tuned and provided support for system/web applications as well as providing escalation support for device issues.
- Monitored System/Network anomalies to isolate and resolve any foreseeable complications.
- Designed Scripts and CRON jobs to automate tasks such as synchronization, backup's, performance monitoring, usage monitoring, modifications, and other redundant procedures, in addition to creating scripts that could be executed directly by the DevOPs team thus helping to increase efficiency.
- Contributed to Risk analysis and contingency planning
- Maintained network, computers, automated systems and peripherals. Created technology based learning environments in classrooms and laboratories.
- Assisted faculty and staff in instructional laboratories. Provided technical assistance to administration, faculty and students.
- Assisted faculty and staff to effectively use state-of-the-art instructional technologies.
- Employed independent judgment in the implementation of administrative procedures in addition to Serving as an advocate for faculty and students in matters related to the application of technologies.