LAN/WAN Networks, IBM AIX UNIX Servers, AS400, Microsoft x9, XP pro, Windows 7 Windows 2000 Server 03, 08, Active Directory, Novell Netware client and Zen works desktop management agent all Microsoft mail clients, Microsoft Exchange server, Windows server administration, Altiris, Symantec Ghost, Opera, MS Office Suite all versions, Lotus notes 8.0, Blackberry enterprise server, Outlook, Remedy, Bravo poker and player tracking Acres/IGT, Maximo, Micros POS, Net Support Manager, VOIP Phone systems
Summary of Qualifications:
Desktop support with eight years of experience diagnosing and resolving technical related problems in a multi-user environment, advanced knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft XP, Microsoft Office suite and Lotus notes. Customer service orientation ensures PC users receive prompt, effective, and courteous service. Demonstrated ability to independently recognize, isolate, and resolve complex technical problems. Quickly learn new applications and communicate technical knowledge to end users at all levels.
Highlights of my achievements
- Imaged and deployed well over 1000 PC's and laptops including building the image with Altiris and ghost.
- Built a windows environment using Active Directory, creating profiles, GPO'S and creating security policies.
- Supported user on all operating systems including windows 7, As well as 500 windows 7 image desktop/laptop
- Also was a junior project manager at Parx Casino regarding the roll out of Bravo poker tracking system to 200 users including management
- Was personal support for Steve and Elaine Wynn as well as Roger Penske and the executive staff at Wynn Resorts
- PC deployment experience with various contact positions First Data Corp. 300 Wynn Resorts 500 Parx Casino 250 EPA 250.ETS 1500
- Windows 2008 administration Including File/Share permissions, Print shares, System diagnostics active directory understanding of application deployments, Understanding of TCP/IP networks, switches, firewalls
- Maintained the day-to-day operations of client systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensured that records of system downtime, equipment and inventory, and venders are properly maintained.
- Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities. Installs new systems and application implementations, testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Trains clients on how to use new software and hardware Effectively Manages Tickets Time Creates interface's, stored procedures, etc. that allows data to be integrated between departments and various systems
- Proactive in building financial responsibility within department, was a team player involving other department leaders and our team to ensure that all budgets and timelines where reached.
- Migrated existing ETS XP users to Windows 7 via SCCM.
- Deployed 2000 unattended, attended Windows 7 OS and application installations
- Resolved Microsoft Office Communicator issues post image
- Using System Center Configuration Operations Manager SCOM 2007, worked with SCCM
- would monitor several servers during deployment to assess the imaging process
- Use of Application Compatibility Toolkit ACT to verify an application's compatibility
- Responsible to verify that user's documents and files did replicate and check for their mapped drives
- Responsible for senior staff upgrade from XP to win7.
- Applied upgrades using sccm and ghost
- Would troubleshoot any and all imaging related issues
- Responsible for data integrity as well as application testing.
- Responsible for network, LAN, Wan and server up-time as well as monitoring the networks
- Supported 3000 user on the windows 7/XP/Vista Operating Systems
- Monitor site-based server hardware Microsoft 03, 08 up-time, virus protection and site-based software updates.
- Responsible to train user's in the use of software and hardware Also software and Hardware analysis
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, Administration, user profiles, GPO's and support of theses servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve Level 3 problems encountered in the use of site systems and desktop applications.
- Set up, install and maintain desktop and laptop software pushing Images and Applications as needed
- Maintain site hardware/software inventories and assist with the audit of site hardware and software.
- Assist with system backups and disaster recovery plans and Virus protocols using Symantec end point
- Escalate issues and concerns to the Technical Support Manager, as appropriate.
- Ensure all technical support related activities comply with the global compliance standards and procedures.
- Document all support calls for systems performance and metrics reporting. Using Altiris ticketing systems
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and GPO's
- Configure Blackberry's using Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and resolution of 30-35 calls per day.
- Assisted customers with technical support of their Smartphone's, and the networks that run them
- used over 50 different tools regarding the use of sprints CDMA network as well as the iden network
- would provide outstanding customer support as well as 92 call resolution
- Provide wireless network administration, as well as configuration.
Desktop Support/Migration Technician
- Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Operating System issues.
- Responsible for migration to windows 7 OS from XP Pro
- Novell Netware client and Zen works desktop management agent
- Performed upgrades, installation of software and drivers and essential desktop troubleshooting.
- Configuration, upgrades, Patches on MS Office and Lotus Notes products and Internet connectivity.
- Deployed updates, service packs and hot fixes using Zen works and Windows updates, Automatic Updates, and Group policies.
- Installed logical printers on a print server and preparing print server to host clients. Troubleshooting all hardware peripherals
- User rights and permission, disabling and enabling accounts, file and folder permissions and configuring security templates..
- Assisted on on-site visits and hardware troubleshooting and local system upgrades.
- Provided network administration to include LAN troubleshooting and resolution.
- Manage the configuration and performance management of all PC systems and telecommunications.
- Would add ques in remedy for help desk and desktop support, which would be used in problem resolutions.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Install, configure and maintain back-end and front-end systems, as well as LAN and WAN connection at remote site.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions and upgrades using established procurement processes.
- Establish, review, approve and process quotes, requisitions and purchase order for capital equipment.
- Supported back end, applications, databases and network issues.
Help Desk Manager/level 3 Support
- Managed the help desk with a 7/24 operation and staff of 12, responsibilities included Scheduling as well
- As the hiring of all personal I also would approve all requests that came thru the help desk.
- Responsible for using Altiris for pushing all images as well as patches and software upgrades
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software
- Responsible for the installation and updating of software, and the setup, troubleshooting of all peripherals
- Tracked and de-escalated technology and both computer and telephone equipment systems, voice over ip
- expertly installed, configured, and supported Opera, Micros and Maximo
- Oversaw the investigation and resolution of hardware and software issues both remotely and onsite.
- Procured, received, documented and tracked inventory of all computer equipment and software licenses.
- Performed diagnostic testing on PC equipment and ensured printers were up and running at all times.
- Identified and removed computer viruses and provided major repairs in accordance with outside vendors.
- Resolved Windows related issues, Internet Explorer issues and other PC software related issues.
- Monitored and troubleshot LAN, installed and configured routers and switches, and generated weekly reports
Help Desk Analyst
- Responsible to download the pricing to Stop Shop and Giant Supermarkets
- First line of defense from 10k users and documenting these calls within Remedy
- Learnt over 70 proprietary software applications including pharmacy
- Would monitor Tivoli Tickets using Unix/Aix from mainframes.
- Create user accounts, assign permissions, reset passwords and configure email settings
- would also do field installs from cabling to server setup