A hands on Senior Technical Leader with a proven track record of leading large-scale technology implementations. Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms, end user computing platforms, and enterprise software applications. Technical expertise with database design, systems networking, software development, and end-user support. Extensive experience with both hardware and software asset management. Deep passion for discovering and solving customer issues with repeatable solutions and improving business process efficiency.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS EXPERTISE
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Senior Network Administrator
As Sr. Network Administrator I provide hands on support and leadership to the Information Technology department. I am tasked to support, operate, and maintain computing and telecommunication facilities, equipment, and services for the company. I'm responsible for all aspects of information technology management, training, support and control, including supervision of information technology employees budget preparation and management recommendations for technical acquisitions and development of guidelines, standards and procedures. I'm also charged with strategic planning, tactical action, and operational decision-making to fulfill the mission of the IT department and SVS Vision's Projects.
- Provided project leadership for the company to achieve SAS70 Type 2 / SSAE 16 equivalent certification as of Jan 2012
- Provide daily oversight and support to all company software/hardware platforms.
- Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Oversee the day to day activities of the IT support team
- Work directly with upper management to ensure project timelines and budgets are met.
- Provided hands on implementation/support expertise to the following projects
- Active Directory upgraded from 2003-2008
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 migration to 2010
- Microsoft SQL management and upgrade from 2000-2008R2
- Conversion of physical 20 physical server to VMware platform
- Install/Configured/and support 650 end point Avaya VoIP phone system
- Installation and ongoing maintenance of MS SharePoint and companywide Intranet
- Re-configured WAN infrastructure to realize a cost reduction of over 215,000 annually in telephone and data service costs while increasing company-wide bandwidth by 400 , WAN bandwidth by over 200 , and double phone line capacity
- Key Accomplishments:REDICO is a national real estate development, construction and property management company. I was responsible for the IT infrastructure management and end user support of 5 different companies consisting of approximately 300 end users nationwide and a datacenter with 15 servers.
- Responsible for the daily support of 300 users, management of an infrastructure of 250 workstations and a datacenter consisting of 15 servers serving 5 companies in a 24/7 role.
- Managed and supported Windows Server 2003 and SQL 2005 backend infrastructure for 38 in 7 different states.
- Implemented and maintained multiple sites with VoIP phone systems.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of 4 support technicians.
- Provided IT management and direction to the acquisition of 4 companies into REDICO's infrastructure.
- Responsible for the yearly IT budget in excess of 300k annually. Along with the corporation's long term IT plan.
- Technical lead in the consolidation of 4 accounting packages, 1 budgeting application and 1 lease modeling application into one comprehensive enterprise solution.
- Completely re-negotiated all company computer, telephone, cell phone, copier, printer support contracts. Resulting in an overall yearly cost reduction in excess of 50k.
- Implemented comprehensive network and desktop backup strategy, utilizing disk to disk to tape.
- Created, implemented, and tested disaster recovery procedures.
- Planned/configured/and supported and efficient LAN, WAN, and 38 end point VPN network and secured it from unauthorized intrusion.
- Introduced process efficiencies that drastically reduced the time required to support multi-site end user population.
- Designed and implemented a multi-company Microsoft SharePoint site to allow end user collaboration between departments.
- Implemented server and services monitoring system and with it was able to verify a 99.3 critical system up time.
Sr. Field Support Engineer
Provided senior level field support for automated robotic systems. I was responsible for the training of new field technicians. Insured that regional wide parts inventories were kept up to date, and insured that parts ordering was done efficiently and on time. Provided complete installations of new systems, ton include running data lines and installation of both hardware and software. Provided day to day support where needed to the customers.
Systems/Network Administrator Contract
Redsky Technologies is a software development company working developing enhanced 911 and call center applications. My duties consisted of providing technical supervision and project management of remote network administrators, maintenance of companywide servers and workstations running Windows NT/2000 platforms. I was responsible for evaluation and recommendation of upgrading
- Designed and implemented a companywide 6 server and 100 workstation upgrade.
- Provided project management/implementation/training/ and ongoing maintenance of SalesLogix CRM.
- Expanded existing Windows NT network to include Novell 5.
- Migrated MS SQL 6.5-2000
Magellan DIS is an engineering/research company working with global positioning for the automotive industry. My duties consisted of maintenance and support of a 70 user base, with multiple application, file, print, email, firewall and internet servers.
- Provided project management leadership to assist in the consolidation of 3 individual business systems into one corporate system. Linking 5 remote sites together.
- Provided direct supervision of one onsite desktop support technician and 3 offsite network support technicians.
- Developed and maintained both customer support center and a companywide 4 site IT helpdesk department.
- Developed and implemented LAN/WAN policies and standards and ensured adherence to security procedures.
- Developed training program to instruct users on LAN/WAN/PC operations and procedures.
- Developed technical documentation, procedures and disaster recovery policies.
- Developed and installed a customer service database to assist the service department in all customer data collection and follow up issues.
- Developed and implemented companywide electronic document control system.