Senior software developer or team lead position in which I can leverage my 20 years of experience in application development, implementation and support.
- Primary focus on developing, implementing and supporting applications in Unix with specific attention to rapid deployment, high performance and process automation.
- Unix: Proficiency includes administration, shell scripting, awk, sed, etc. in Linux, HP-UX and Solaris environments
- Development: C, Java, SQL
- Application support: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, SOA, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Billing Systems
- Administrator and application specialist providing support to end users as well as the development, QA and operations teams.
- Administration of 20 linux hosts
- Developed web tools to automate database administration tasks, query customer records, and perform system and application health checks
- Installation and administration of COTS tools such as Jira, Confluence, Splunk, Nagios, Subversion and others
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases in the QA, integration, preproduction and production environments
- Technical support specialist for a Ruby on Rails application supporting 35-40 B2B customers including Comcast, Meijer, Owens Minor and Best Buy
- Coordinated and performed application releases
- Developed customer data fix tools using SQL, Rails console and shell scripts
- Senior Systems Administrator, Billing Operations, Confidential
- Lead administrator and software engineer supporting several billing platforms for dialup/premium services and web properties.
- Administration of 100 physical and virtual unix hosts running CentOS, RedHat, HP-UX and Solaris
- Development of web tools and scripts for monitoring, automation and data queries
- Support of Portal Infranet, Convergys Infinys and proprietary legacy and SOA-based systems
- Implementation of VIPs, GSLBs, firewalls and ACLs
- PCI/SOX application audit support
- Senior Manager, Data Technology Billing, Confidential
- Served as technical lead on a team that implemented the Portal Infranet platform to support international billing of data services.
- Solely responsible for the technical design of new modules, interfaces and customizations.
- Led a group of 4 programmers in the development of GUI functionality, international taxation and currency support, and reporting.
- Developed interfaces to Vitria Businessware for system integration, XACCT for collection and rating of usage, and Group1 DOC1 for invoice formatting and generation.
- Created numerous utilities in C, shell script and Oracle for process automation, configuration management, system monitoring, and reference data maintenance.
- Provided production support to the billing operations team including administration, application monitoring, error resolution and data correction.
- Technical lead responsible for maintenance, support and enhancement of the Daleen BillPlex billing system and Danet VMDB/CRC mediation device.
- Developed a usage processing/reporting system for the purpose of revenue assurance.
- Developed billing and financial reports with Unix/SQL and Crystal Reports, and a menu system that allows users to execute reports.
- Created modules to monitor system processes and issue alarms.
- Performed administrative and production support duties.
- Implementation, interface development and production support of the BSCS billing system.
- Nextel: Designed and developed a lockbox interface for the BSCS implementation. Created a configuration management system.
- Sprint PCS GSM Sprint Spectrum : Provided production support for and made enhancements to the BSCS and Ericsson Billing Gateway installations. Wrote utilities to automate TAP roaming processes and report usage processing statistics.
- AT T Wireless Suncom : Member of a team responsible for production and support of the billing system. Automated the usage processing subsystem and developed a CDR correction utility. Wrote reports to assist in CIBER roaming reconciliation and revenue assurance.
- Development and support of the ISIS telecom billing and customer care application.
- Designed and developed data entry screens and update routines.
- Coded various modules of a high-performance rating engine.
- Provided production support to several international clients.
- Application development and data analysis for the federal government.
- FoxPro development, simulation, data conversion and analysis in support of readiness-based sparing for the U.S. Navy.
- Maintenance of the Document Tracking System for DOJ.
FoxPro, dBASE and Clipper development. Hardware, software and network installation and support.