Summary of Qualifications
- IT Systems Specialist seeks support and implementation responsibilities in a Systems Administrator or Desktop Support role.
- Network Systems Administrator
- Extensive experience managing, configuring and supporting, Client / Server, LAN and WAN systems
- Windows 3.1 to 7, Windows NT Server, Windows Server 2000, 2003, Active Directory, Exchange, Novell 4.11, Aventail VPN, Nortel VPN,
- VMware. Optimization of hardware resourses and applications
- Cisco and HP routers and switches.
- Active Directory setup and maintenance.
- Implementation of scripting administrative tasks.
- Technical abilities include installation and configuration of hardware and software. Implementation of transmission media and protocols.
- Transmission media specialty includes construction and wire installation. Design, implementation and documentation of LAN / WAN.
- Assessing network capability and segment load balancing. File storage, data migration, and archiving,
- Talent for system optimization and user interface, ability to adopt and implement new technology increasing productivity.
- Extensive background in electronics, stressing installation deadlines, trouble shooting, problem solving, maintenance and upgrading for enhanced performance.
- High initiative, strong sense of personal responsibility,
- Exchange Administration, Basic mailbox maintenance including ownership, permissions, and SMTP aliases. Setup and maintain AD integrated mailboxes. Setup and maintain site specific stores. Experience with implementing and enforcing policies mailbox size limitations, time limits, etc .
HP/Compaq/Dell Servers, Dell/IBM/Toshiba laptops/desktops, Blackberry and iPhone, Backup Technology, All aspects of Printer hardware and setup HP, Sharp, Cannon, Richo, Firey print servers
Macintosh, Citrix 4/4.5, Blackberry Enterprise Server BES , Symantec and Ghost, adobe acrobat, adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Design cad, blackberry desktop, Cops ibm client access, essbase, ipass connect, Nortel vpn client, Real vnc, Aventail vpn, active directory, active directory scrupting, wasp bar code, digital camera software, lotus notes, Microsoft outlook, Microsoft office all versions 95-2007, EMC san, Exchange, Firefox, Cute pdf and ftp, Ghost, Higackthis, ibmclient access, impromptu, Cognos power play, Kbox inventory and helpdesk appliance, master form, MiniPE operating system, MS project, Nortclark custom interface for Manfact erp system. Novell, ODBC driver install, Ondemand client app by ibm, Web application interface set up. Print server applications both novell and windows. Citrix client, some linux, inclucing open office. Yardi management sytem.
- MS Exchange 2000/2003, Active Directory 2000/2003, T1, Multi-meg, IPSEC, VPN, WiFi, Firewalls, TCP/IP, optinet cdrom dvd server client server.
- Avaya Phone Systems, IP Softphone, Cat5 and Fiber, VoIP POTs systems.
MIS PC/LAN Service, Desktop Support Administrator
- Responsible for 200 users, and executive staff at Corporate HQ.
- Support Windows, 2000 ,XP, VIsta.
- Active Directory maintenance on a 2000 2003server network.
- PC hardware and software support, installation and configuration for desktop and laptop, Intranet and Internet applications, connectivity to firewalls, web servers, and WAN.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Network control center consisting of Wiring Patch Bay for phones and Network connections for network user locations consisting of approximately 2300 points of connection, including 2 hp switches, with fiber backbone.
- Provide assistance to Telecommunications manager, by providing necessary telecommunication maintenance, including moving and adding new phones from lines provided,
- Overseeing and reporting on work by outside contractors.
- Migrated E-mail from CC.Mail to Exchange. Then for Coty from Exchange to Lotus Notes.
- Migrated Novell to Microsoft Servers. Involved in moving Datacenter, from Farmingdale to new headquarters, site contact. Support Sputnik wireless connectivity and KBox inventory and helpdesk call tracking.
- Migrating networks together and moving to Lotus Notes Mail along with a conversion from our Kbox inventory system to LAN Desk.
- Mac support.
- Member of Desk Top Services team supporting 400 users.
- Windows 3.11, 95 and NT on a Novell 3.12 and NT network.
- PC hardware, and software support, installation and configuration for desktop and laptop.
- Resolution of printer problems including print server and printer repair.
- Configure Microsoft Remote Access Services for dial in networking / Internet services. Instructing and training users.
Computer Systems Analyst
- Level 1-3 Helpdesk support for CDROM servers up to 112 CDROM drives both hardware and software . Platforms include Novell NetWare 4.11 and Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Server. Backbones include TCP/IP.
- Hardware includes SCSI cards and peripherals, CDROM drives, NIC, DAT, HUBS.
- Wiring UTP and Fiber.
- Testing of hardware and software scenarios.
- n Paid helpdesk support for CDROM Titles include: American Psychiatric Electronic Library, American Society of Civil Engineers Journals, Adventures with Oslo, World's Best Poetry, Poem Finder, Scientific American Medical. 40 supported titles in total. Clients range from the US Armed Forces and Government to school libraries across the US and our local office computer management.