- Talented Technology Professional with 20 years of experience in Information Technology, and experience in Microsoft SMS/SCCM, Microsoft Windows 2003/2008, Microsoft MOM/SCOM, Microsoft Hyper-V/ App-V installations, conversions and upgrades.
- Expertise in Desktop and Systems Administration
- Experienced in the areas of Project Management, Team Relationship Building, Technical Writing, and developing and designing business plans, service level agreements, and Statements of Work
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2008R2/2012
- FSRM, DFS, DFS-R, BranchCache
- Microsoft APP-V 4/ 5
- Microsoft SMS/SCCM 2007/2012
- WSUS. Forefront Endpoint
- Microsoft MOM/SCOM 2007/ 2012
- Microsoft SCDPM 2007/2010/2012
- Microsoft SCVMM 2007/2010/2012
- Microsoft SCSM 2007/2010
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2007/2010/2012
- Microsoft Orchestrator 2012
- VDI Netscaler/Citrix/Xen/ VmWare
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2008R2
- Microsoft Clustering / NLB
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/365
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Backup Exec/ Net Backup
- Active Directory Design/ Migration
- DNS, DHCP, GPO, OU's,
- Security Groups, Trusts
- VPN, IPSEC
- HP/ IBM/ Dell Servers and Blades
- HP MSA/MDS Drive Enclosures/ EMC
- Microsoft OCS/Lync
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 BPOS
Sr. System Center Suite Consultant/ Architect
- Reviewed existing Genentech Infrastructure consisting of AD GPO's, OU Structure, DNS/DHCP/WINS Settings , SCCM 2007, File Services Home/ Departmental Shares , Print Services Network Queues, Direct IP Queues, Local Queues, Print on Demand/Follow Me , End User Imaging Process Re-Imaging , New Deployment covering different Scenarios Lite Touch LTI , Zero Touch ZTI , User Driven Interface UDI , as part of SOW to allow for seamless migration/consolidation of the Genentech and Roche Forest/Domains to a new single combined Roche Forest/Domain for the 20,000 End Users .
- Provide training to the Appropriate Support teams that will be responsible for the New Roche Forest/Domain to ensure that they will be able to continue to provide the necessary support to the End User Community
- Provide several detailed documents that will consist of the Architect/ Engineering , Disaster Recovery, and SOW to ensure that all is covered to complete this project/contract with seamless experience to the End Users
- Assist with setting up monitoring of Network Components Switches, Routers Cisco and Juniper
- Provide suggestions to use the following tools to help make server Administrator life a little easier IEAK Internet Explorer Admin Kit for IE 7/8/9/10/11 and AGPM Advanced Group Policy Management
Sr. System Center Suite Consultant/ Architect
- Reviewed existing SCOM 2012 as part of Health Check to ensure that all is configured to Microsoft Best Practices and then made recommendations to ensure that they are getting most effective SCOM configuration to monitor the 17 different Business Units in multiple domains along with a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Reviewed alerts both New and Old then did some customization and fine tuning for some alerts specifically to some SQL DB's both Clustered/ Non-Clustered, File Services, IIS and .Net Application features that were having an issue with out of the box setting for the SCOM Management Pack's
- Assisted with setting up monitoring of Network Components Switches, Routers Cisco and Juniper
- Made suggestions to use the following tools to help make server Administrator life a little easier IEAK Internet Explorer Admin Kit for IE 7/8/9/10/11 and AGPM Advanced Group Policy Management
Sr. System Center Suit Consultant
- Reviewed existing Patch Deployment Process using SCCM 2007 along with Standalone WSUS and made recommendations to be integrated with their future Configuration Manager 2012 that will have the following Integrated WSUS, APP-V, Windows Intune, FEP DCM, NAP along with Branch Cache enabled as part of the new Desktop Services Management of End User Devices Workstations, Laptops, Tablets, Android Devices, IOS Devices and Windows Phone .
- Assisted with Architect and Design of the New Configuration Manager 2012 Infrastructure that will be implemented in the 2nd Quarter of 2014
- Assisted with Credant Agent Upgrade on all End User Devices Workstations, Laptops, Tablets till they get the new Configuration Manager 2012 Implemented
- Assisted with the Design and upgrade path from VMware 5 to 5.5
- Assisted with the design and implementation of Exchange 2013 in their 2 lower environments, along with migration path as the move from Exchanged Host to Exchange now coming back in-house for all operational and support roles
- Assisted with the migration of Cisco UCS to Microsoft Lync 2013 Plus
Sr. System Center Suit Consultant Client Fannie Mae Reston VA
- Reviewed existing Patch Deployment Process and made recommendations to be integrated with their future Configuration Manager 2012.
- Assisted in the Review of their current SCCM 2007 Infrastructure.
- Assisted in the Designed, Architect of Configuration Manager 2012 with BranchCache along with integration of Orchestrator, APP- V, VDI, WSUS, Endpoint, DCM and MBAM for a Centralized Location for Management/ Support of their Devices Workstation/Laptops that will be running Windows 8 that will be deployed to new and existing Devices that have been determine Approved for new Windows Desktop Services Infrastructure and future Servers.
- Assisting with the Redesign of their current AD Sites/Services from Regional AD Sites to More Granular AD Sites to be at their Specific Site/Location and integrated with Orchestrator Management Pack
- Assisted with the redesign/ upgrade from their current 2003 Network, Direct IP, Local Print Queues to the New 2008R2 Network Print Queues with no Direct IP and Local Print Queues for Governance and Auditing Purposes.
- Assisted with the redesign/ upgrade from their current 2003 File/Data Servers to the New 2008R2 File/Data Servers with the implementation of DFS Namespace/s /DFS-R Replication /FSRM Quota/Authorized File, Data Types to allow for more specific Governance and Auditing Purposes of existing and future File/Data stored on the New 2008R2 Servers.
- Still have to assist with Final Design / Architect of APP-V, MBAM and VDI Infrastructure which is still to be implemented in their Infrastructure.
Sr. System Center Suite Consultant
- Assisted with resolving issues dealing with WSUS Updates/ Forefront Updated Definitions along with DCM on roughly 600 Servers across 6 Forest via their SCCM 2007 Infrastructure.
- Reviewed existing Patch Deployment Process and made recommendations to be implemented to for Server and Workstation/Laptop Patching, WSUS Updates, and Forefront Definitions
- Help automate basic day to day administrative tasks by using some scripts thus allowing for the SCCM, SCOM and active directory admins
- Assisted the Design/Architect/Engineered Documentation migrating to SCCM 2012 from SCCM 2007
- Assist in resolving PCI Compliance issue on their 900 Servers.
- Assist in designing / Architecting and Engineering their existing SCOM 2007 to be migrated to SCOM 2012 SP1with Disaster Recovery built into the overall Infrastructure.
- Assisted in getting SCDPM End User Recovery Implemented
Sr. System Center Suite Engineer
- Designed/ Architected/ Engineered/ documented procedures to integrate Corporate Wide File Server Resource Manager FSRM Infrastructure on Windows 2008 R2
- Responsible for all aspects of the following Microsoft System center Suite Applications: SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM, Hyper-V, SCDPM, SCSM, Orchestrator and APP-v as either the Primary Tech Lead or Backup Tech Lead
- Recommended hardware to be used depending Function of the Server: Physical Standalone/ Blade or Virtual Clustered/ Non Clustered and the Actual Specifications dealing with Amount of RAM, of CPU's, of Drives and Size/ Speed of Drives, etc.
- Assisted in the initial design of the Client VDI Infrastructure DDC, PVS, Web Interface, Citrix Licensing XD/XA Servers making Client Infrastructure more Virtual in regards to their Desktop Infrastructure and for specific Business Units which interface with Citrix NetScaler
- Reviewed existing Backup/ Restore procedure and designed/ documented the A/E Procedures to get the New Corporate Wide SCDPM infrastructure to back up all servers at the 2 Data Centers and Headquarters location and Volume Shadow Service at other Site that had Local File/Data Servers and the Data was replicated to 1 of the Data Centers were it was backed up via SCDPM and integrated with Orchestrator management Pack
- Replicated the SCDPM Data from the Data Centers and the Headquarters location to the Disaster Recovery Location to ensure fault tolerance in case the Primary SCDPM Servers have failure of any level, to allow the Client to implement a Self-Service restore for End User s by using the End User Recovery EUR which allowed the Client to reduce cost
- Assisted with the Architect Design and Engineer, managing the Implementation of APP-V infrastructure which consist of HP Blades which will host physical and Virtual Servers used for the APP-V SQL/ Management Server/s using a F5 Appliance to provide Load balancing for all APP-V clients End User
- Allowed faster implementation of client's Existing Applications for accessing any APP-V Application
- Oversee the Implementation of the Clients New Corporate Wide Infrastructure by managing Clients Internal IT Team and the 3rd Party Company that oversees all of the Clients Existing
- Responsible for Implementing all of the clients New Microsoft Applications Windows 2008 R2, DFS, DFS-R, FSRM, BranchCache, SCDPM,SCVMM, SCSM, SCOM R2, SCCM R2/SP2, Orchestrator, APP-V, Hyper-V, VDI and any other New Application that will be implemented both Internationally and Domestically for all 600 Sites
- Designed A/E Procedure to get the New Microsoft SCOM 2007 Infrastructure to monitor the Client Devices Workstation/Laptop with integrated Orchestrator management Pack
- Assisted the MOSS Team in doing Architect/ Design/ Engineer/ Documented the Architect /Engineer A/E Procedures to do a SQL Upgrade from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
SR System / SCOM Engineer CLIENT: US Army USACRC , Fort Rucker, AL
- Responsible for the Planning/scheduling of Interview with the SME's, Technology Discovery Gathering, Developing Architecture design and Operational Roles Deploying Ops Manager Agent to all Servers and workstations
- Provided knowledge transfer to the Operational Support staff to install Ops Manager Management Packs migrating the current MOM 2005 alerting to the new Ops Manager 2007
- Decommissioned current MOM 2005 existing Management Packs after getting the Ops Manager 2007 configured with the existing alerts
- Provided USACRC with Detailed Documentation for Necessary/ Recommended Backups for each particular part of the Ops Manger 2007 Environment and Disaster Recovery
SR System Center Suite Consultant Various Sites
- Evaluated/ repaired existing SCOM environment
- Rebuilt total SCOM environment from the ground up
- Clustered their SQL 2005 databases, RMS component of the Microsoft SCOM Application installed the ACS and Reporting Components on Separate Servers redeployed the SCOM Managed Agent
- Performed Design/ Architect for the Corporate Wide SCOM Application to be implemented at Confidential Laboratories ORNL for 8,000 workstations and 300 Servers
- Provided knowledge transfer to the Existing ORNL Support Staff Units
- Provided Detailed Disaster Recovery Documentation of the SCOM Infrastructure
Designed/ Architected the Corporate wide SCCM Application to be implemented at Confidential for Centralized Management of all 2,000 workstations and 300 Servers both internally and externally
Designed/ Architected the Corporate wide SCCM Application to be implemented at Confidential which including consolidating the Other Business Units Colleges into main Cmapus SCCM Infrastructure for Centralized Management of all Purdue Devices workstations/ Laptops and Servers
SR System/ Exchange Admin
- Assisted in the Consolidation of Exchange Servers from various locations in Confidential
- Assisted them with their Level 3/4 tickets in regards to Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007, while they continue to migrate to Exchange 2007 from Exchange 2003 and Lotus Notes
- Implemented the Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007 Infrastructure with the Groove Enterprise Services running onsite Groove Manager/ Relay to enable centralization of the project Documents and Drawing and meeting notes to be managed via the Project lead whether Users were online or offline
- Responsible for the on-site reviewing of the existing Microsoft MOM 2005 implementation and the design and implementation of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager SCOM 2007
- Implemented SCOM 2007 agents to over 500 servers and 3000 workstations
- Assisted integration of GB Protect solution into the ACS Database to make it more efficient for the client to be able to provide the necessary reports
- Ensured that all the appropriate documentation/ training is done for IT Staff
Network Architect II
- Development/product integration support for the following applications running on Intel Dell/Compaq Servers: SharePoint MOSS 2007, Active Directory 2003, SQL 2000/ 2005, SQL 2005 Reporting Services/ HA Configuration, MOM 2005/2007, Exchange 2007, Microsoft System Management Server SMS 2003, BizTalk 2004/2006, and Windows High-Availability architecture and implementation Network Load balancing /Clustering .
- Implemented a 2 Virtual for infrastructures x64/ x86 to help with keeping cost done to ensure that all applications were documented and tested
- Reviewed existing design/ plans and made recommended changes to existing plans
- Quality Control Check Existing/ New Document to be delivered to end Client Air Force -AF for their New Global Combat Support System GCSS
- Responsible for all Operating System OS and Application Security Patches/ Updates on all Production End Users Computers Workstation, and Laptops and Servers both Domestic / Internationally.
- Responsible for all associated tasks related to Implementing Microsoft SMS 2003 OSD Operating System Deployment Tool and the ITMU Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates
- Responsible for all associated tasks related to deploying New Application s to the Entire Corporation, and /or to a specific Business Unit or a particular End User/ Machine
SR Technical Analyst
- Responsible for on-site review session for SyCom Technologies in response to the current and desired state of the Microsoft Windows 2003 Active Directory AD , Novell 6.5, and Novell Zen works
- Provided High Level Discovery Phase document defining the method in which SyCom Technologies Client should pursue for successful migration to their New Centralized Desktop Management Solution
- Provided a list of recommended upgrades to assist them in getting the most out of their Cisco Infrastructure
- Wrote SOW requirements to implement 2 Windows 2003 AD Domains and an Avaya VOIP Phone Systems for their 4 Location throughout the United States and a Data Center Located I Richmond VA
- Designed and Implemented 2 new Windows 2003 AD Domain s for new startup operating Companies consisting of the following Microsoft Products: Systems Management Server 2003 SMS , Exchange 2003, SQL 2005/2000, MOM, SharePoint Portal Server, Public/Private Key Infrastructure Dynamic File Share DFS , Group Policies, Virtual Server/ PC, and Shadow Copy between sites for Disaster Recovery Purposes.
- Implemented Juniper Unified Access Control UAC to help enhance and preserve a high-level of security to the Client's Infrastructure in real time
- Implemented Avaya VOIP as primary phone communications for all the offices with 4 hard coded 4 line phones to the 4 POTS Lines installed at each location for disaster recovery and backup
- Ensured Laptops/Workstations and Servers stay current via an automated process with Antivirus, Security Patches/Updates, and Office Updates using SMS and UD
- Documented the proper procedure for deploying the current Image to new and existing machines that will become or currently are part of the existing Corporate Infrastructure
- Documented the Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Correct issues within the SMS 2003 Infrastructure 2500 of multiple Duplicate GUIDS, assigned to clients from their current in-house image, built using Ghost and Wise Installer
- Document the proper procedures for building Emergency, Critical or MBSA patch package s that dealt with the ITMU tool within Microsoft SMS 2003 for doing the patch management of all Microsoft released Security, Windows Update and Office monthly patches
- Document the proper procedures for deploying software package s for COTS, in-house written applications and other vendor software patches needed to be installed or updated on all computer related equipment
- Responsible for ensuring that the Operating System Deployment OSD feature pack of SM S 2003 which would be used to deploy new workstation, laptop, and server images depending on their location throughout the world and there functionality within the Corporation was properly configured, being able to use it as part of the upcoming future project of deploying Windows XP / Office 2003 to their end users via Microsoft Business Desktop Deployment BDD solution
- Implementing and migrating 1,500 users from an NT4.0/ 2000 AD Domain to a new Windows 2003 AD Forest / Domain with GPO's and Global Security Groups
- Implementing and migrating users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003,along with a newly Implemented Public/Private Key Infrastructure on an IBM Blade Center / SAN with 2 TB of total Drive space
- Design and Implementation of SMS 2003 Reporting Server and 3 Primary Site Servers that will be used to mange and support their end users desktop environment in a centralized solution via SMS and various SMS Tools ITMU/OSD/Hardware/Software/Applications
- Ensured that all in-house applications and custom applications would be tested for functionally to run or be filed to run on a Windows 2003 domain prior to migrating them to the new Windows 2003 domain
- Re-designed SMS 2003 environment of 200 locations internationally and Domestic for 50,000 users. Assisted with keeping the existing SMS 2003 environment running during the redesigning of the current SMS 2003 environment to maintain the existing functionally of the existing infrastructure maintenance
- Built package that dealt with the ITMU tool within Microsoft SMS 2003 for doing the patch management of all Microsoft released Security, Windows Update and Office monthly patches, and other vendor's patches that were to be installed or updated on all computer related equipment
- Ensured Operating System Deployment OSD feature pack of SMS 2003, which would be used to deploy new workstation, laptop, and server images depending on their location throughout the world and their functionality within the Corporation was properly configured