SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR / TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Experienced IT Systems Administrator / Manager with a successful track record directing a broad range of corporate IT initiatives. Directed these initiatives with both large and growing start-up firms. I am actively seeking a position of Systems
- Administrator or IT Manager/Director in the Denver Colorado area.
EXPERT SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE SKILLS
Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013. Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Server 2012. Micros 9700 Point of Sale. Active Directory Group Policy, Domain Trusts, DNS, Avaya Definity and Audix voice mail. DHCP and PowerShell . Agilysys Stratton Warren. Citrix Xenapp 6.5 Platinum. Microsoft System Center 2012. Service Desk and Remedy help desk ticketing software. Microsoft Visio 2013. Mailfoundry anti-spam e-mail Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. Barracuda Web filter appliance. Kaspersky Antivirus Select. VLAN setup and sub-netting. Meraki Wireless Access Points. Cisco 2960 and 3750 Switches. Backup Exec V-Ray edition. SQL Server 2005 and 2008. Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Support IT environment including data center, computer hardware and software, networks, computer peripherals, telephone hardware, application systems, IT security and other hardware and appliances. Ensure data integrity and recovery for all network resources. Monitor users on company networks assign access, ensure security, and maintain configurations. Create fail-over and recovery plans for network, servers and communication devices. Enhance network administration team accomplishments by planning delivery of solutions: answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members teaching improved processes mentoring team members. Confirm that systems are fully optimized and coordinate all network upgrades to minimize downtime.
- Perform hardware/software installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware. Perform key activities associated with regulatory and PCI compliance and auditing. Implement and maintain firewalls, series switches and security appliances. Provide guidance and technical advice to staff and assist other IT department staff with support of property computing hardware and systems as needed. Resolve computer hardware and software, printing, installation, word processing, email and operating systems issues. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications within organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities. Maintain all communication hardware including CSU/DSU's, routers, gateways, hubs and switches. Keep up-to-date on new developments in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding and encryption. Document all server and network problems and other unusual events in detail. Diagnose system hardware and software problems using advanced root-cause analysis. Compile system logs for all company computers and devices to maximize uptime. Monitor hardware and software databases to ensure all software licenses are valid.
- Define security requirements for computer systems, including mainframe, workstations and personal computers. Analyze current market trends to fully understand potential opportunities and value. Safeguard confidential information of all employee, department and company records. Assist in installation of workstations and printers. Complete remote repairs involving remote access tools.
Part Time Broadcast Engineer
Implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. Develop and review budget for IT department and ensure it complies with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives. Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, and end users. Conduct negotiation and administration of vendor, cloud services provider service agreements. Authorize and oversee monitoring, maintenance, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs. Assist with maintenance of all studios: consoles, microphones, radio automation, and all associated IT-based systems, including Zetta, audio streaming machines, and all broadcast computers, networks, and equipment Implement Symantec Backup Exec disaster recovery solution and restore policy for operating systems, files, documents and drivers. Work collaboratively with engineering staff provide maintenance and repairs of studio workstations and servers. Troubleshot and maintain all networking devices including switches, routers and firewalls. Assist with maintenance and repair of transmission facilities. Refer to schematics, repair manuals and parts catalogs to diagnose and repair equipment. Minimize loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
Client Server Operations Analyst Senior
- Expedited daily system monitoring to verify integrity, reliability, and availability of all server resources and systems. Established and maintained working relationship with IT vendors to provide maintenance and support of all IT Systems. Monitored hardware and software licensing to ensure all equipment and software was properly licensed. Documented with pertinent data all work performed within designated trouble-ticket system. Applied software patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Provided day to day support of Progressive claims offices. Performed periodic performance monitoring and recommend changes in hardware and software as needed. Ensured reliable functionality of all information systems supporting each department. Created new user accounts and appropriate security levels using group policies and role based security. Compiled annual recommendations for end of fiscal year budgets. Resolved virus and malware issues with a 100 success rate. Maintained accurate hardware and software inventories. Performed hardware/software installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware.
- Safeguarded confidential information of all employee, department and company records. Maintained and monitor server rooms, wireless networks and other server infrastructure. Installed software, modified and repaired hardware and resolved technical issues. Managed call flow and responded to technical support needs of customers. Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy with customers at all times. Remained up-to-date on latest technologies and solutions applicable to company products.