A Microsoft Certified Professional with over ten years experience in the planning, installation and support of LAN and WAN technologies in Multi-Networking Operating Systems. With experience in Systems/Network Administration, Staff Management, Project Management, Software Certification Testing and Deployment, Help Desk/Customer Service, Desktop/Technical Support, Knowledge of ITIL Concepts, COTS, Technical Writing, network troubleshooting, OS upgrades and OS migrations/deployments, in various platforms: Microsoft Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8, Novell Netware 3x/4x/5x/6x, DOS, UNIX and MAC. In all positions demonstrated excellent customer service and teamwork skills, along with great organizational and communications skills written and verbal to all levels of personnel.
Consulting, Systems Analysis, Systems/Network Administration, Project Management, Network and Desktop Support/Troubleshooting, System backup and Disaster Recovery, System/Server Security
Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8 Server NT/2000/2003/2008/SBS, LAN/WAN, NetWare 3x/4x/5x/6x/7x, Wireless Technology, VMWare ESX, UNIX, Linux, MAC/X, Local Wide Area Networking: Ethernet, USB, HTTP, FTP, Token-Ring, Hubs, Switches, Routers, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, VPN SNMP, Wireless Networking, DSL Cable, VOIP, Avaya Phone Systems: Basic setup/configuration/administration
Remote Software: Terminal Services, RAS, Citrix Winview/Winframe/Metaframe, Putty, PC Anywhere
Software: Microsoft Backoffice Products, SMS Installer 2.x, Marimba, MOM, WSUS, MS Cluster Service, Exchange Server 5.5/2003/2007/2010, Active Directory, eDirectory, Oracle client, MS OFFICE 95/97/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2007/2010/2013, MS Outlook 98/2000/2002/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013, MS FrontPage 98/2000/2010, MS VISIO, IIS 6.0, Corel Office Suite, DOMINO/LOTUS NOTES, LOTUS cc:Mail, GROUPWISE, MS MAIL, WP MAIL, HP OpenMail, Blackberry, WORDPERFECT, Content Mapper, AUTOCAD R14, MicroStation, Cheyenne ArcServe, DCA IRMALAN Gateway , PROCOMM PLUS, HP Jet Admin, HP OpenView, Ipswitch CA, Veritas Backup Exec, COLORADO BACKUP, Tivoli Storage Manager, QA BACKUP, Norton Antivirus, Trend Micro Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, SyGate Firewall, Black Ice Firewall, Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Ghost PE/Enterprise, pcAnywhere, Vantive IT Tracking , IBM QIP, Software Deployment Tools, WaMu Banking Apps, IE 6/7/8, Firefox, Remedy Ticketing and Network Support Tools
Hardware: HP Blade Technology IBM-compatible 486 and all Pentium PC's Laptops, HP 9000, Canon, HP and Lexmark Laser Jet/InkJet printers, Hubs, Switches, Routers, Frame Relay, Modems, Tape Backup Units, Compaq Servers, Dell Servers, Gateway Servers, HP Servers, SAN, Disk Arrays, IpSwitch, Motorola Canopy, Hardware Deployment, Wireless technology
Help Desk Manager
- Coordinate interaction between staff/students and technicians.
- Exchange 2010 Administration: add/remove and modify user accounts.
- WiFi: Connect staff/students to Internet/network via cell phones, ipads, etc.
In a Windows/Linux environment.
- Provides surveillance of applicable Network Operations Center NOC Network Management Tools. Performs initial troubleshooting, problem analysis and isolation of network events.
- Performs tracking and management of network events to resolution.
- Tracks and supports Network Change Control schedules and activities.
- Produces, maintains and updates written procedures.
- Performs/supports back-up, scheduled maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting.
- This is a 100 phone support position with a 7x24 support center.
In a Windows/Linux environment.
- Troubleshoots Dell desktops, laptops OS: XP, Vista, W7 , HP printers and peripherals problems using troubleshooting, scripts and checklists as guides.
- Provides highest level of technical support when necessary. Documents problems and resolutions. May perform end-user training. Strong customer service skills are important in this position. Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages ZenWorks and implements prototypes.
- Answer and provide technical support via tier 1 support desk.
- Project entailed the de-installation of existing computer equipment including WYSE terminals and install new computer systems, primarily tablet PCs Dell, HP IBM , at Amedisys by following a scripted process for Windows XP for Table PC's .
- Configuration and setup McAfee/Enpoint Encryption/ePolicy Orchestra 4.5.4, Citrix XenApp Web Interface.
- In addition to the refresh activity, reviewed all unused assets onsite and possibly prepare for disposal or refurbishment.
In a Windows/Linux environment.
- Provide feedback on design changes, communicate information to appropriate district staff.
- Travel between construction sites, to manage on-site cabling vendor for successful completion of the cabling infrastructure.
- Inspect cabling work for quality, communicate with school and district IT staff.
- Configures and installs software for IT users' desktops and laptops W2K, XP, Vista, Win 7 .
- Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware. Maintains desktop software and hardware supports mobile workforce. XP to Win 7
- Provides Tier 2 support to IT users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN and VLAN systems.
- Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides.
- Escalates to Tier 3 support when necessary.
- Documents problems and resolutions.
- Perform end-user training.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills are important in this position.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Setup, install, troubleshoot break/fix Home and Small Business PC's, laptops, SBS servers and peripheral equipment printers, fax, scanners, etc. , using OS Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- Provide system and application upgrades.
- Setup, install, and configure routers LAN support and wireless .
- Setup, install and configure VOIP.
- Setup, install and configure Lotus Notes client side for IBM site ATL .
- Troubleshoot and correct system problems.
- Provide system consultation and training for technical and non-technical customers.
In a Windows/Linux environment
- Communicate, coordinate, maintain, monitor, deploy/install and upgrade servers for various projects for the Digital Media Technologies DMT group in direct support of various clients, internal and external: CNN.com, CartoonNetwork, FusionFall, NASCAR, NBA.com, etc. which included technical and non-technical audiences.
- Responsible for responding to support issues in a timely manner, communicating issue status to internal customers, peers, and management written and verbal as well as troubleshooting and resolving server performance issues within the published Service Level Agreements SLA .
- Build servers in Server 2003/Enterprise and/or VMWare ESX 3.5 and/or coordinate the builds of Windows Server 2003 32-bit/64-bit : HP 460/5 Blade servers and/or HP Proliant 360/380-series, and join to domain. Setup, configure and troubleshoot MS Cluster Service and SQL Server.
- Download, install, configure, administrate and test Windows Server 2008 Beta on various servers.
- Download, install, configure, administrate and test Windows SBS 2003/2008 Beta for developmental projects before productivity deployments.
- Physically install, configure, and rack-mount servers and run Ethernet and fiber routes to appropriate peripherals for LAN and/or fiber connectivity and track via Visio schematics create and/or modify .
- Install Cisco router s and switches as necessary pre-configured .
- Submit, schedule and respond to Change Management requests CMDB for general and/or project specific situations.
- Define, analyze and administer protocol definitions, user definitions and network infrastructure standards for the organization. Active Directory GPO, MOM, network monitoring tools .
- Maintain, analyze and administer information for over 400 internal and external project servers via Remote Console, QIP, Remedy Tier II/III Help Desk support .
- Monitor, install and configure security updates, patches and installs for all network servers.
- Coordinates the service and repair of network information systems hardware and software.
- Provide root cause analysis for all network maintenance.
- Responsible for the successful and timely completion of assigned tasks and projects via Remedy ticketing system Tier II/III Help Desk support .
- Provide break/fix support of all servers: HP BL460/5, HP Proliant 380 Tier II/III Help Desk support .
Coordinate migration of existing systems to the new OS Server 2K, 2K3, SBS as required. Coordinate migration of existing desktops to the new OS Win 98/2K to XP . Develop processes to define and maintain desktop standard, laptop standard and high-end desktop standard configurations. Document, organize and maintain a published reference of relevant system information for all client and server computer resources. Administer company security requirements via RACF and Active Directory. Coordinate the service and repair of IS equipment and software. Develop, document and maintain standard client computer models and VOIP system. Define and administer the protocol definitions, user definitions and an infrastructure standard for the organization.
- Administrate and support Windows server/SBS: 2K, 2K3, and 2K8.
- Administrate and support Desktop OS: Windows NT, XP, Vista, and Win 7.
- Administrate and support Exchange 2003 and Novell 5.0
- Administrate and support Lotus Notes and Blackberry clients, cellphones.
- Perform major departmental network OS, and Lotus Notes data migrations, system and data migration.
- Dell PC Migration: GX150, GX260, GX280 to GX520, and D610 laptops.
- Create, setup, modify and monitor SMS packaging and distribution.
- Setup and monitor Marimba packaging and distribution.
- Manage staff employees: Helpdesk, Technician, Field Technicians.
- Create, setup, modify and monitor user accounts via RACF and Windows Active Directory and GPOs .
- Monitor and maintain a commercial ISP network.
- Monitor and maintain MS 2003 network, IIS and webmail servers.
- Provide disaster recovery using Veritas Backup Exec or Arcserve.
- Provide helpdesk and field support for commercial/residential clients.
- Test the new product applications and hardware laptops and PCMCIA cards for wireless technologies GBRS . Create and use existing test matrices for product evaluation. Extensive QA testing.
- Provide setup, configuration, installation and break/fix support of PC's and servers.
- Create, manage and distribute all hard-drive images created for workstations and servers.
- Maintain SCDOT Headquarters user account information via Active Directory and SMS.
- Using Ghost and other SCDOT applications, create, manage and distribute all hard-drive images created for Dell workstations: GX240/260/270/280, Precision 340/350/360.
- Install and configure SCDOT Oracle client on workstations and PC's.
- Utilize COTS technology in support of SCDOT environment.
- Monitor networks and provide system backups plan, implement, install and configure SAN.
- Install and configure the SAP client for Colonial Insurance UNUM .
- Accountable for the business area implementations migration from Win98/NT to Win XP to be completed by the specified timelines set forth in the deployment end-to-end process includes COTS .
- Deliver strategy and process overview for each deployment to the business area contact.
- Work with the business contact for each corresponding deployment to identify and resolve issues, concerns, scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Plans/Schedules business area communications.
- Ensures application information and other critical deployment data is collected and reviewed prior to deployment process.
- Follow-up on purchases, shipments, and implementation of all technical devices Dell PC's laptops for deployments.
- Complete post-deployment reviews with all business areas and feedback results to improve future deployment processes.
- Hiring necessary roles installation techs, Next Day Support, PM Site Manager to complete deployments.
- Provide break/fix for all PCs/Desktops/Laptops: IBM-compatible 486 and all Pentium PC's
- Provide break/fix for all servers: HP Blade Technology, HP Servers, Compaq Servers, Dell Servers, Gateway Servers.
- Good communication skills written and verbal.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE/DESIGN ENGINEER
In a DOS/TSO/UNIX environment.
- Design management for CAD/CAE designs involving various industrial/commercial corporate projects, involving electronic components to the printed wiring board PWB level.
- Served as a Technical Writer and developed, documented, and published the Component Catalog Loading and Management Process, which was incorporated as a training platform for users and customers. As a Quality Assurance specialist, developed quality metrics for all phases of the component catalog management process and prepared quarterly reports for management. Created and maintained the Component Catalog Architecture for various Bell Lab locations to support CAD/CAE printed wiring board and schematic designs in TSO, UNIX, and SUN environments. Installed and evaluated the performance of related software and subsequent releases Schema, AutoCad, MicroStation . Interfaced with Engineering departmental management, MTS, and development personnel on a daily basis. Prepared and gave presentations to all levels of management and non-management personnel.
- Provided end-user Help Desk support displaying excellent customer service skills.