Hands-on Information Technology leader with 9 years' experience implementing state-of-the-art technologies. Visionary that seeks out technology trends and aggressively pursues implementing the best technology for the business. Builds high-quality teams that take initiative and implement top notch systems and services. Proven negotiating skills that have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in acquisition of technology and services for the business.
Network and Systems Architecture NASA , Team Lead
- Coaching and leadership of hospital IT NASA team
- See incidents through to resolution for NASA team
- Review and approve change requests for team to ensure appropriate impact is accurately documented and assessed
- Guided the work of NASA team. Expressed project goals and scope, translated business needs into technical terms, and prepared detailed task lists.
- Administer Storage Environment alongside Storage Administrator including EMC VMAX, VNX, and Isilon systems
- Manage storage fiber zoning and architecture using Brocade Core and Edge switches
- Maintain ESXi 5.1 environment through host, server, and VMware tools upgrades
IT Operations Manager
IT Operations, Team Lead
- Hiring, coaching, and performance evaluations of IT Operations team
- Analyze and implement new technologies through industry research and corporate buy-in
- Coordinate vendor maintenance, patches, and upgrades so customers and employees experience little-to-no disruption
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Mock-Execution
- Budget creation and management. Ensure month-to-month adherence.
- Collaborate with ERP team to create ERP systems and architecture
- Coordinate end-user training for new IT products and security best practices
- Manage infrastructure team and off-site support teams and datacenters for applications, both cloud and internal
- Ensure infrastructure met PCI compliance through regular penetration testing, employee training, and system/network hardening.
- Project Management experience upgrades and implementations with VMware, Storage, Exchange 2010, telephony system, BYOD, Cisco Network, and internal custom applications
- Migrated to new service desk system that uses ITIL standards so IT department can service employees more efficiently with their technology problems and requests.
- Acquired second data center for disaster recovery and architected solution so two data centers are mirrored.
- Collaborated with internal business units to secure customer contracts for hosted application service. Involved being on phone with customers to ensure them our infrastructure met their security and functionality demands.
- Placed team on training plan so they can become certified in what they love to do. Enabling them to be better employees, serve customer extremely well, and to have exposure to better opportunities in the future.
- Lead VMware Administrator and Architect, Upgraded vSphere and vCenter environment to vSphere 5.1. Configured HA Clusters, DRS, Update Manager, and vCenter.
- Implemented VEEAM Backup for virtual machine backups, replicating off-site.
- Architected EMC Data Domain backup solution that uses data deduplication and replicates off-site.
- Created distributed switches for ESXi hosts, utilizing 10Gbe adapters
- Migrated virtual machines from EMC CX4 SAN environment to EMC VNX SAN environment using Storage vMotion.
- Converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware Converter, in turn our infrastructure was 99 virtualized.
- Lead Storage Architect, administered and architected EMC CX4 and VNX 5500 Storage Arrays including the Brocade fiber switching, zoning, LUN creation through Unisphere, FAST management, and PowerPath configurations on the servers
- Oversaw EMC VPLEX implementation to allow HA ESXi clusters between offsite datacenters, where two EMC VNX storage arrays are synchronously replicated
- Led Disaster Recovery planning initiative. Instead of old-fashioned DR planning, I architected a solution for Active/Active Highly Available datacenters
- Implemented VMware View VDI for use by remote employees and contractors. This allowed better performance over RDP, and kept corporate data inside the datacenter.
- Consistently negotiated on vendor pricing for technology equipment, software, and services saving the business 15 - 20 on average.
- Implemented and managed WAN accelerator, Riverbed, for improving network performance between USA, China, and France offices.
- Provided networking support and design, managing and administering HP Procurve switches, CheckPoint and Fortigate firewalls, and MPLS tunnels to remote offices
- Managed VLANs, firewall rules, and access lists
- Implemented VMware ESX 4.0 by upgrading from ESX 3.5 environment
- Managed ESX 3.5 environment, created HA clusters, conducted P2V of physical servers
- Managed EMC CX500 SAN Environment, created LUNs, zoning McData fiber switches
- Active Directory administration, creating GPOs and security policies
- Windows DNS and DHCP server administration
- Designed and coded Siebel CRM user interface
- Met with internal business leaders to determine functionality requirements for the Seibel CRM application
- Implemented approved changes to Siebel CRM
- Scheduled and executed off-hour maintenance for Siebel environment