Extensive industry experience in system administration, network operating systems and architecture, application support, and personal computers, and associated software. Solid track record of successive promotions in a high tech environment. Major strengths include: analytical ability, technical dexterity, and a strong desire to achieve and excel. An energetic, innovative professional, who values excellence, sets high standards and gets results.
- Programming Languages: Java, UNIX Shell Scripts, Perl, Windows scripts, C/C , PL/1, 370 Assembler, Pascal, Rexx
- Network: Ethernet 10/100/1000, 802.11 Wireless, WEP, TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, SSH, SCP, SSL, NFS, ODBC, Netbios, VPN, IPX, SPX, APPC, SNA
- Operating Systems: AIX 5.x/6.x Various Linux Dist., KVM, VMWare, MS Windows 7/XP/2000/NT, MS Server 2003/2008, MAC OS X, Solaris
- Applications: IBM Maximo 7.5, IBM Websphere 6.0/7.0, DB2, ManageNow, MS Office, Lotus Notes, MS Project, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Citrix Metaframe/Xenapp, MySQL, Tivoli Framework, Tivoli Service Desk, AQT, Norton AntiVirus, Symantec Firewall, NetBackup, Adobe Photoshop/Acrobat, Wordperfect, Partition Magic, Acronis, SQL, OpenOffice, KDE2, Gnome, Samba
- Hardware: IBM PSeries servers, PowerPC, IBM PC's - Desktops/Notebooks, RAID, SCSI, IBM XSeries Servers, HP Servers, Printers, SAN, NAS, Clustered Servers, Multi-Tape Library, UPS, and peripherals.
Application Support Specialist
- Supported, configured, upgraded, and maintained several IBM Maximo/ITSM/TSRM/SCCD Service Management Applications consisting of clustered Websphere Application Servers, DB2 databases using HADR, and AIX and Linux servers for many large Fortune 500 customers.
- Expert systematic troubleshooter relying on experience, gathering and disseminating information and symptoms, and isolating failures down to its root cause.
- Supported several mission critical FDA regulated accounts which included HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley training and compliance.
- Collaborated with product development teams to establish code fixes and product enhancements leading to patch apply and rollout.
- Applied the ITIL/3 service model for delivering and supporting IT Service Management Applications.
- Supported IBM Tivoli Service Desk and eESM ManageNow service management applications for over 100 customers in multiple environments. This environment included two clusters of DB2 databases with Websphere middleware, load balancers, Web and Citrix interfaces, and a combination of Windows and AIX servers.
- Managed thousands of Active Directory accounts through multiple Citrix Metaframe XP server farms with 30 MS Windows Servers and published new applications.
- Performed customer data loads to DB2 databases with Unix shell scripts which included HR data, asset information, and configuration attributes.
- Resolved critical customer issues promptly and within their stated SLA.
Technical Support Specialist
- Provided detailed analysis and solutions for problems associated with company's internal standard software distribution and installation architecture. This architecture consisted of a global intranet software distribution mechanism using Tivoli software packaging and client API's developed to automatically deliver applications to end user desktops.
- Performed 3rd level support for operating system platforms Windows 95/NT/2000/XP and Linux. These standardized client platforms included automated installs, group customization, application installation, migration, and configuration.
- Built, installed, upgraded, and monitored product infrastructure and development servers. These included AIX on RS/6000, RH Linux, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and Windows NT Advanced Server on IBM p-Series servers.
- Advocate of Linux Open Source software. Built and maintained RedHat Linux servers with experience in patching kernels, LVM, XFree86, RPM, PAM, Wu-FTP, KDE2, and Gnome.
System / Network Administrator
- Worked as Network Administrator in a high profile token ring multi-protocol WAN network environment consisting of 30 servers and 500 nodes running MS NT 4.0 and IBM LAN Server connected to a global network with routers, bridges, and SNA Gateways. Documented system management processes using Lotus Notes, Netfinity network management software, and a DB2 database. Prototyped new application software and enforced Internet security guidelines on Web servers connected to the corporate Intranet. Designed and implemented a 50GB tape library using ADSM backup storage management software.
- Site LAN Administrator for a group of 150 corporate executives running IBM LAN Server, Netdoor/2, TCP/IP, and Lotus Notes. Designed and implemented a server monitor program which tracked system availability. Performed problem analysis on bridges and routers in a Wide Area Network. Set up automated offshift operations that performed backups, server syncs, and anti virus checking.
Associate Programmer/Large System Test Specialist
- Wrote and executed procedures and created software programs using REXX and PL/1 to test operation and validate reliability of mainframe control code for optimal worldwide mainframe performance and serviceability.
- Created alternative testing techniques using software simulators which reduced product cycle time and the need for costly development models.
Performed software and hardware test verification on IBM mainframes using test scripts, programs, and automated procedures.