- Around 5+ years of experience in designing, deploying virtual networks and upgrading systems, including hardware, software, networks, databases, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Extensive experience in VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1 , ESX 4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 platform, vCenter 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.0 /2.5 and Windows Servers 2012/2008/2003 at single or multi domain platforms.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, RIS, RRAS, NAT, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering, and FSMO roles.
- Experience in implementing and administering VMware vSphere, Permissions, HA settings, DRS settings, Cluster groups, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, Licensing, Templates, ThinApp, Data Stores, and Networking.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of ESX VMOTION, SVMOTION, HA and DRS including Lab Manager and Orchestrator.
- Experience in P2V, V2V MIGRATION using VMware Converter / Plate Spin 6.8.x. Creating host and client VM templates and cloning.
- Experience in automation, configuration and deployment on Cloud environments, Identifying and Selecting Cloud services in AWS cloud Infrastructure such as IAAS, PAAS and SAAS and optimization experience in Devops Development.
- Experience in development of utilities using Shell and Python scripting to automate processes.
- Experience in installing, configuring, administering, and performance tuning Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005 familiar with Database Creation, Database Security, Database Replication/ Migration, Database Performance Monitoring, User Management, Database Backup/Restoration.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (IE. Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port and wireless networks).
- Experience in Installation, configuration and Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Linux, Unix, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals and network security. Installation, Configuration and managing Firewalls like Checkpoint with content filtering, Anti - Spam, Web filtering, NAT, Application Publishing to public IP, Port Forwarding, log analyzing.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office, Visio, Outlook, Printing and Windows networking.
- Experience with intel x86 / x64 Intel, HP, IBM & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Familiar with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling maintaining AC cooling, Environmental Sensing Devices, power and UPS monitoring.
- The ability to install computer and electronic equipment in a safe and careful manner.
- Ability to maintain a reliable and methodical approach to support and Documentation. Quick learner, highly motivated team player with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
VMware: VMware ESX 3.5/4.0/4.1, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0 VMware vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.0 , Virtual Center Server 6/ 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1 /4.0., VMware HA, DRS and FT, vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware Converter 5/4/3, VMware Converter boot CD
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Windows Server 2012, Windows 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Centos
Application Servers: SQL Server 2008 and 2005, Microsoft Active Directory 2003, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Microsoft Exchange 2000, DHCP, DNS and WINS Services, Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0, 7.5, SCCM and SCOM
Backup Solutions: VMware VCB, Image for windows, Acronis- Pro v10, EaseUS Backup, Symantec Online Backup Solution, Amazon AMI Snapshots
Desktop Application: Microsoft Office 2012, Outlook 2008 and Evolution, Open Office, VMware Workstation 5.0 and 6.0
Hardware: Dell Servers 1950, 2950, 6950, HP Thin Client 5445, and VL9, Network Interface Card, Multi Serial Port Adapter, Printers, CDR and CDROM, iSCSI/ SATA Hard drive and Floppy drive, Hubs, Switches and DSL Modems, RAM, Audio and Video card
Confidential, Geismar, LA
- Supported VMware infrastructure environment that supports virtual machines across distributed Development, Test and Production environments.
- Designing, Architecting, configuring and troubleshooting virtual networks within VMware vSphere involving VSS (Virtual Standard Switch) and VDs (Virtual Distributed Switch).
- Created Virtual Machines as per user requirement and performed Cloning on Virtual Machines.
- Migrated P2V and V2V Servers using VMware Standalone Converter.
- Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting VMware ESXi 6.0 Hosts, VMware vSphere virtual center.
- Upgrading of ESXi from version 5.5 to version 6.0 while keeping the VM's in maintenance mode.
- Performed P2V migration for approximately 100 physical servers using VMware converter.
- Installed/updated patches on VMware ESXi hosts using VMware Update Manager tool.
- Deployed VMware VCenter operations manager in the production environment to monitor performance of Virtual servers; data stores and their resources availability.
- Designing of vSphere for implementation of vCloud infrastructure.
- Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers.
- Integration of vCloud Director with vShield and vCenter.
- Deployed and managed vCenter manager for vCloud Operations Management.
- Worked on Active Directory Environment for Windows 2012 R2.
- Creating and managing user accounts and the groups in Active Directory users and computers.
- Managed Active Directory and gave support to problems related to user accounts, domain accounts and managing permissions.
- Configured VMNICs, vNIC, VLAN, vSAN and service profile templates.
- Support System OS patching on client side file servers using Shavlik and SCCM software utilities to push and implement updates as required.
- Configuring vNetwork Distributed switches and migrating the networks from vNetwork standard switches to vNetwork Distributed switches.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 Servers on Virtual Machines.
- Provided remote phone support and onsite support for the datacenter migration from physical environment to virtual environment.
- Delivered server and client support for all issues such as: logon failures, account lockout, network connectivity, DNS and name resolution, authentication problems.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008/2012 , SQL Server 2012,2010, IIS 6.0/7.0,7.5, VMware ESXi 5.x Server, Dell Power Edge Servers, HP Servers, IBM Blade Servers, Remote desktop services, IBM TSM, Microsoft Visual StudioTFS, Altiris path management, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Confidential, Houston, TX
Windows System’s Engineer/VMware Administrator
- Installing and Managing ESX and ESXi servers on HP, DELL and Installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Involved in daily Performance monitoring and Active Directory troubleshooting with the ability to analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Installation and Management of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Configuration of vMotion, vSwitches, and VLAN in VMware vCenter.
- Working on the converged infrastructure VBlock and handling VMware, Compute, Network and storage components of it.
- Integration of vCloud Director with vCenter and vShield manager. Implementation of dedicated out of band vCloud Management Platform. Configuring vCloud networking, External, organization and VApp networks and corresponding network pools.
- Installing ESXI on Cisco UCS blades and C200 racks, using scripted installations, configuring and hardening ESXi servers.
- Designed and Implemented HP Blade center system for vSphere.
- Writing and developing from scratch Windows PowerShell/PowerCLI scripts for automating procedures within VMware vSphere environment.
- Comprehensive Administration of VDI environments using View Management Server, vCenter, Cisco UCSM, EMC Unisphere, Cisco Nexus CLI and Fabric Manager.
- Managing the network through Microsoft system center SCCM.
- Implemented various vSphere performance monitoring processes.
- Created custom monitoring, views, dashboards and reports for all customers of SCOM.
- Handled VMware solutions to support multiple Storage connectivity options such as Fiber Channel-SAN, ISCSI, NFS, and NAS.
- Trouble shooting issues related to VMware ESX host, VMware virtual center, HA, DRS, VMware update manager.
- Installing and configuring and troubleshooting Web Servers running on top of Apache and IIS.
- Installing and configuring and troubleshooting Active Directory Servers based on Windows Server 2008 & 2008R2.
- Providing secure sessions over internet using SSL encryption.
- Participate in documentation of LAN network related policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 OS related issues both on production environment and development and QA environments.
- Resolved all issues related with performance of SAN backed VMware ESX Infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
- Generated performance and summary reports for ESX/ESXi Servers and VM's.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008/2012 , SQL Server 2012,2010, VMware ESXi 5.5,5.1 Server, Dell Power Edge R730 Servers, HP Enclosure c7000, HP BL460c Gen9,8,7 servers
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Windows System’s Engineer/ VMware Engineer
- Coordinating ESX Cluster Migration by providing application level steps which includes preparing DCHS (Data Center Hardware Specification) and SLRQ (Storage Level Request Questionnaire) based on the application requirement.
- Performing installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
- Providing software development and consultation to prospective users
- Deployed OS and software remotely using SCCM 2012
- Deploying forest level trust between two domains
- Participating in monthly DR (Disaster Recovery) activity by providing application availability after recovery.
- Responsibilities include application deployment, migrations, site moves, site set ups
- Creating application package using Final Builder and deploying it on production and non-production servers.
- Working on TFS (Team Foundation Server) for Release Engineering to add or edit config templates for new RE build.
- Configured Dyna Trace tool for .Net application monitoring.
- Troubleshooting IIS and .Net application based on monitoring and logs generated on the server.
- Working on shared storage cluster and monitoring application services on it.
- Installing SSL certificate on production servers to ensure availability of the application.
- Created Batch script for automating IIS reset process and installing client certificate on servers.
- Troubleshooting routine product issues (Incident Tracking and Resolution).
- Participating as an active member of the software development lifecycle, through attending new feature requirements reviews and developing leading edge processes to support these new product enhancements.
- Acting as the primary business liaison to the business segment, through facilitating communication between Development, QA, Product Management, Technical Operations and Segment business leaders on new product releases, technical outages, and routine maintenances (hosting moves). Effective communication and presentation to key business stakeholders are instrumental.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008 R2, SQL Server 2000, IIS 6.0/7.0,7.5, VMware ESXi 3.5 Server, Dell Power Edge Servers, HP Servers, IBM Blade Servers, Remote desktop services, IBM TSM, Microsoft Visual StudioTFS
- Administrating production of server/network infrastructure that includes Windows Administration of Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers, Exchange Mail Servers, WSUS Patching servers, print Servers, System Management Servers (SMS), Terminal Servers, RAS and File servers on Windows 2003 and windows 2000 in the data center/server farm.
- Administrating DNS, DHCP, and Exchange & ISA servers. Created and managed user and group accounts in User Manager and in MS Exchange Administration.
- Experienced with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, IBM & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Worked on Wintel Servers supporting x86 architecture.
- Managing Exchange 2003 servers and troubleshooting issues related to mail delivery, configuring MX records to enable and disable domain.
- Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment.
- Installing, configuring, administering, and performance tuning Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 familiar with Database Creation, Database Security, Database Replication/ Migration, Database Performance Monitoring, User Management, Database Backup/Restoration, Import/Export of SQL Database, Transact SQL, Microsoft SQL Clustering, SQL Query analyzer and profiler.
- Installed & configured Windows 2008 with Active Directory service.
- Installing, configuring, administering, troubleshooting VMware server on ESX platform and VMware client, workstation.
- Installation and Configuration of networks, router/switches configuration and wireless access point/router with security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router/switches, VLANs (port mapping, naming etc.), and routing IP address in both LAN/WAN and wireless networks.
- LAN Cabling, RJ-45 crimping, Labeling, Patch Panel, PC Junction boxes, Phone Switches and Rack set-up.
- Excellent understanding of SAN, NAS storage architecture.
- Installed and managed McAfee EPO software on servers and clients.
- Responsible for Desktop, Laptop, Network and Outlook support & troubleshooting client’s issues.
- Familiar with web based .Net application integration in IIS web server, IIS Clustering, Load Balancing, Logging and Reporting.
- Analyze, log, track and complex software and hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, server, and application to meet business needs.
- Creating a backup job and also took backup of data center on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Experience Leading Infrastructure team for projects not limited to System reengineering, capacity planning and risk management.
- Lead Technology Implementation including vendor selection, System Architecture, Setting landscape, Capacity planning, security, storage management and High Availability.
- Disaster recovery planning, implementation and recovering systems during crash or hardware failure.
- Experience in IT decision-making, policy direction, planning, and team management. Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network.
- Coordinate hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolutions to complex matters of significance and coordinate the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinate and monitor troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems: document system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommend course of action and implement as approved.
- Coordinate testing, upgrade and configuration of system files and services. Ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003, SMS, SQL Server 2000, IIS 6.0, Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft WSUS, Windows XP, VMware ESX Server and Workstation, Open filer, IBM TSM, EMC SAN, Dell NAS, Zywall and SonicWall Firewall.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes