- Over 9+ years experience in UNIX (Redhat, Solaris, AIX, SuSE, Windows, Debian, Centos, Ubuntu) Systems Engineering and Administration.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading Linux, Solaris using manual and automated installation through satellite kickstart and jumpstart respectively.
- Experience supporting applications like Apache, Tomcat, and Web logic running on RHEL.
- Experience in supporting and implementing security on RHEL (PCI, HIPAA, SAS70, DSS, etc).
- Resolution of technical issues on system integration and support.
- Worked on Incident Management, Problem Management & Change Management.
- Installation Configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0, VxFS, Redhat Cluster Server using EXT3, EXT4 and XFS.
- Disk space and File system management using VERITAS Volume Manager 4.x, 5, Logical Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager and LVM
- Experience in upgrading and degrading KERNEL Versions and implementing SAN multipathing in LINUX.
- Experience in Server migration from AIX and Solaris to Red hat Linux.
- Experience in migrating servers between Datacenters.
- Experience of working in Data centers with 24X7 Production and On - Call Environment.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP.
- Experience asDevOpsEngineerfor Continuous Integration and delivery in agile delivery model.
- VMware Infrastructure Installation & Configuration. Planning and Designing VMware VI3 (ESX3.x/ ESXi4.x/ Thin ESX, ESXi5.x VMware Virtual Center and VMware VSphere).
- Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter).
- Experience in supporting Red Hat Satellite Server, RHN.
- Installed and maintained critical security hardware and software for PKI compliance.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux servers to cloud (AWS).
- Troubleshooting issues on Application Servers on Linux, Aix Servers.
- Hands-on experience in configuring SSH and FTP server/client systems to transfer files.
- Expertise in Installing and Managing LDAP, NIS, NFS, DHCP, and DNS.
- Experience in UNIX with Korn, Bourne shell scripts, Ability to work in team-oriented and problem-solving environment.
- Good Communication skills, ability to lead a work team, working in Team Environment.
- Solution implementation and troubleshooting all network related issues
Operating Systems: RHEL 3.0, 4.x/ 5.x/6.x, Solaris 9, 10 and 11, Windows.
Programming Languages: C, Perl, Shell, SQL, XML, HTML
Unix Services & Tools: DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, GREP, SCP, AWK, Plate Spin, VMware Converter Enterprise, VMware Update Manager.
Storage Technologies: NetApp NAS, EMC Clariion, VNX, HDS, EMC Powerpath, Snap Mirror, VERITAS Netback up, Volume Manager, oracle zfs 7400.
Virtualization Technologies: Solaris Zones, VMware ESX Server and Vsphere,, VMotion.
Confidential, Somerset NJ
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on UNIX and Windows Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining UNIX security on Solaris and Linux.
- Installed, upgraded and configured Solaris 10/9/8, RHEL 5.x/4.x/3.x, Debian, Fedora, Windows and Suse Linux. This included Jump Start Installation, Kickstart Installation, and DVD media.
- Installed RHEL 4 and RHEL 5 and updated the versions within the release.
- Installed and configuration of VERITAS VxVM, VxFS on various Servers.
- Installed Patches/Packages on and Solaris Servers and RPM packages on Linux Servers.
- Biyearly patching for all Unix flavors (Solaris, RHEL, Debian, AIX)
- Performed change requests, troubleshooting, and upgrades for internal HP customers around the world on Red Hat EnterpriseLinux(RHEL) 5/6 andHPUX 11.23/11.31.
- Management of UNIX user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Administration of DHCP Server to get the IP Addresses Dynamically for Kickstart, working with firewall team for troubleshooting.
- Involved indata centermigration, SAN switch and SAN storagemigration.
- Worked with other team (Network, Database, Storage, and Developers) to troubleshoot issues related to themoves.
- Strong experience onPuppet. Configuredpuppetmaster,puppetagent environment.
- Experience in usingautomationTool like Puppet to automate tasks on multipleLinuxservers and also involved in creating modules, manifests, cookbooks in Puppet and Chef using Ruby.
- Monitor Linux Server Update Service andYumrepositoriesto ensure that the most up to date patches are available and applied to ensure optimal security and compliance.
- Wrote a custom script in puppet for package management (rpm,yum) in Redhat Linux.
- Installed, Configured and supportOracle9i/10g/11g RAC onLinux.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus) and Continuous delivery environment (puppet,Yum, Rsync).
- Working on Migration concepts like VMotion and Cold migration.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, implemented migration of virtual machines using VMotion, Virtualized Windows servers using VMware Converter and Plate Spin Power Convert.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, Send mail and Web logic in Solaris and Linux.
- Experience withF5load balancers and Cisco load balancers (CSM, ACE, and GSS)
- As part of the NOC provided 24x7 visibilities with Remote Monitoring and Management capability for routers, switches, Linux/Solaris Servers including Applications.
- Provide operational support to the PKI team as a consultant.
- Involved inDevOpsmigration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Deployed legacy applications into Apache Tomcat application server.
- Proactively manage computing service delivery for businesses that come under the purview of regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, SOX, and so on.
- Day to day VxFS, Sun hardware support, problem and change ticket implementations, composing scripts, OS builds & upgrades along with day-to-day Storage & UNIX Administration.
- Taking Backup and Restoring the data using dump and ufsdump.
- Solaris Performance Monitoring and Tuning using iostat, vmstat and net stat.
- Configuration & Administration of IBM Tivoli storage manager servers.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring hardware errors of drives and redefining drives in TSM server to access new drives.
- Configuration/tuning/upgrading and managing Web servers Apache,IBM HTTP,Nginx in heterogeneous environments.
- Configuration/tuning/upgrading and managing the middleware application servers JBOSS 4/5/6, Web logic, Web sphere and Tomcat.
- Implemented, deployed and maintained cloud infrastructure using AWS.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Teraform, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured TCP/IP for Solaris 9 and 10 systems.
- Created and refined processes for performing PCI compliance verification efficiently.
- Managed theHadoopCluster software changes using configuration management tools like Puppet.
- Experience in deploying .Net applications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure services.
- Understanding of AWS cloud andDevOpspractices.
- Installed Configured EMC disk devices on HP and Solaris Servers.
Confidential, Sandy, UT
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrade RHEL 5.x, 6.x, OEL 6.x, WINDOWS and Solaris 10, 11 operating systems.
- Worked with UNIX flavors Solaris/ LINUX administering systems. Patching software/Hardware.
- Installed, administered and managed Red HatLinux,SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX servers.
- Handling HP and DELL servers running on Red HatLinuxandSUSELinux9/10.
- VMWare administration - VMware Vcenter, createdDatacenter Environment by creatingVMware clusters, adding ESX hosts in theclusters, and implemented HA and DRS.
- Plate Spin Power Convert, VMware Converter used for Physical to Virtual/Virtual to Virtual conversion/Physical to Physical conversion.
- Involved in the design, deployment and operational maintenance ofActiveDirectoryand Name services to ensure secure and reliable network access to internal resources.
- Maintained and supportedActiveDirectoryDomains and Name Services (DNS, WINS, DHCP) in a large enterprise.
- Redesigned and updated 2003ActiveDirectoryForest and Domains to 2012 R2.
- VMware/Hyper-V virtual environments, Server Hardware/OS, LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity,ActiveDirectory/DNS/DHCP/ Group Policy, EMC/NetApp/Dell, Equal Logic SAN.
- Performed physical to virtual(P2V) migrations for approximately 800 physical servers utilizing VMwareConverter.
- Worked extensively with Active Directory Services, Web Services (IISServers), DNS, DHCP, SQL Database Servers.
- Involved inSAPECC and BW onHANAMigration using SUM DMO.
- Identified issues related toHANAStartup and Diagnosed using Diagnosis Option.
- Scheduled Downtime forHANASystems and Started after patching the Kernel.
- Involved inSAPHANAmonitoring and troubleshooting.
- Installation, configuration & administration of Windows 2000/2003 Server,IIS-5.0, Active Directory & Exchange 2003 Server.
- Configured and managedNetAppstorage array.
- Worked on Network-attached storage (NAS) and Storage Area Networks (SAN) ofNetAppStorage provisioning NFS, LUN, and CIFS Shares.
- Managing theIISweb server and Apache web servers.
- Migration and Integration of legacy applications fromIIS6 toIIS7.5.
- Installation and Configuration of VERITAS Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager, and Redhat Cluster.
- Implementation of RAID techniques and the creation of Disk groups using VERITAS Volume manager.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and management ofHadoopClusters.
- Experience in managing theHadoopinfrastructure with Cloudera Manager.
- Backups and recovery of AIX operating systems.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration ofHadoopinfrastructure.
- Managed and reviewedHadooplog files. Tested raw data and executed performance scripts.
- Decommissioning servers per IBM standards.
- Design Sail Point deployment and solution architectures.
- Participate in all Sail Point deployment activities - connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, third party system integration.
- Sail Point IIQ Installation and Configuration as required by the design solution.
- Maintained SOX compliance as required by the client. Kept all Data Center
- Documentation up to date.
- LVM experience with LINUX/Solaris.
- Troubleshooting problems with hardware and operating systems on multiple platforms working with multiple vendors to repair.
- Account and file system administration.
- Installation of software on multiple platforms.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring in Linux, HP-UX and Solaris.
- Day to day troubleshooting for end users on UNIX/LINUX
- Configured NFS and OpenLDAP services in Red Hat Linux and Solaris systems.
- Experience in Setting up and configuring Install Server, Configuration Server and Boot Server for Kickstart process.
- Performed setting up Configuration Server and Boot Server for Jumpstart process
- Installed and configured Redhat Linux using Satellite Server.
- Implemented and organized a rollout project which involves the upgrade of servers using Redhat Satellite Server.
- Implemented new technologies such as the EMC DMX external SAN storage, Logical Partitioning, Hardware Management Console, IBM LTO tape libraries, and Web-based 5250 emulations (HOD).
- Performed firmware upgrades to the HMC, tape library, LTO drives, and Service Processor (FSP).
- Involved in OS upgrade and Server migration from Solaris and HP-UX to Redhat Linux.
- Was managing user accounts for the team access for Redhat Satellite Server. Also created RPM packages using RPMBUILD, verifying the new build packages and distributing the package.
- Worked on SAN/EMC storages with HBA card configuration and different level of RAID configuration.
- Helped to establish standards, policies, and procedures for all aspects of UNIX server environment like administration, documentation and configuration.
- Installation and configuration of XEN AND VMWARE VIRTUALIZATION and deploying the OS Linux and Applications (Oracle, JAVA) on the Guest Domains.
- Configured Resource Pool, Motion, Alerts, Alarms, NT
- Server, KVM, Network Appliance installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Manage wide range of Cisco routers, switches, and network appliances
- UCS and VMware installation/configuration/troubleshoot
Confidential, Irving, TX
UNIX System Administrator
- Worked as Linux System Administrator Supporting the Server farm in 24X7 Production Environment
- Using oracle portal tool, we manage security, configure mobile, creating new portal pages for business use. And we also support all the three versions desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Assist with powerful monitoring updating packages and upgrading software, customizing new portal pages according to client requirements and for layout meetings.
- By using Web center portal we edit pages, updating portal, sharing information and so on…
- Setting up rules in JBoss using Drools.
- Using Drools Build up the workflow and executing.
- Installing, upgrading, configuring, and maintaining various WebSphere Application Server environments used by the team
- Experience and good troubleshooting skills in JBoss 5.0/5.1/5.5 versions.
- Maintained Apache 2/ Tomcat integration for the Simulcast infrastructure.
- Installing and managing JBOSS and Tomcat instances.
- Installed, Maintained and Configured Red Hat EnterpriseLinux 6.x and IBM AIX 6.x, Centos 5/6, Fedora core operating system.
- Preventative and proactive system monitoring functions and real-time responses encompassing: Systems Administration, OS Level SAN Administration, Backup and Restore and Security Remediation.
- Configured and maintained servers using VMware ESXi. Experience in working with adding new Disks to the VM from the Host group and
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring in HP-UX, AIX, and Linux.
- Experience in Setting up and configuring Install Server, Configuration Server and Boot Server for Kickstart process & performed Kickstart to install OS on Several workstations.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux
- Installation, Upgradation, and Management of packages through RPM and also take care of dependencies.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of Linux servers.
- Creating virtual PCs, installing OS and software using VMware.
Confidential, Austin TX
- User administration, management & archiving.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart, Kickstart for Linux.
- Installation of patches and packages.
- Installation and configuration of Apache, Web sphere.
- Disk and File system management through LVM (HP-UX, AIX, Linux)
- Experience with configuring and managing Virtual disks, Disk Mirrors and RAID 0, 1 and 5 levels.
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, includingdesktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems.
- Assisted in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, includingdesktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems. Assisted in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Maintaining the CPU & Memory utilization of Unix/Linux Servers reports on the WEB.
- Extensively worked in data and database migration from the older machine to latest configurations.
- Installation, setup, configuration, security administration and maintenance for flavors of servers.
- Implemented Security Hardening per company policy using Solaris 10 features.
- Supported 24/7 high availability production servers
- Complete periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
- Provided top-level technical support for HP ProLiant Server hardware and software issues and coordinated all Server related change activity within the Data Center.
- Responsible for server decommission/reassignment and Network Cabling.
- Responsible for maintaining current software and hardware patch updates for all servers.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining complete and accurate information for all active and decommissioned servers.
- Demonstrated ability to gather relevant information and diagnose issues effectively and efficiently
- Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to NOC Network Connectivity, and TCP/IP configuration.
- Worked with Solaris 8,9,10, AIX 5. HP-UX 11i.and RedHat 3.x, 4.x.
- Installed, configured and upgraded Red Hat 4/5/6Sun, Solaris 8 /9 on Sun SPARC
- Administration and Troubleshooting Solaris servers running business-critical application
- Performed patching on all flavors of UNIX mentioned.
- Scheduling cron jobs to automate the system.
- Used tools Ufs dump for day-to-day full and incremental Backups and Ufs restore for crash dump recovery.
- Used various commands to check the Performance of the system, load balances on the CPU and memory.
- Installed and configured network equipment like Hubs, LAN terminal server (LTS) and Modems.
- Configured modems as Dial-in/Dial-out or Bi-directional and connected Solaris systems using UUCP
- Configured SSL setup for Apache. Configured SSL between Apache and Web Logic plug-in.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring in Linux.
- Monitoring network performance and implementing security tools on the system.
- Documentation of UNIX environment and configuration details.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system, and periodical patch upgrades.
- Configured Solaris Logical Domains and Containers.
- Used Kickstart and Jumpstart for building servers extensively.
- Setting up RAID levels on Sun Storage Equipment using VERITAS Volume Manager and Solstice Disk suite on new/existing production/development systems for reliability, fault tolerance, and availability
- Adding/expanding new storage to existing/new systems using VERITAS Volume Manager.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes