Objective Seeking a career oriented position within the IT Networking industry. A position in which I can utilize my knowledge and experience to continue to grow professionally and add value to the company.
Security and network engineer
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Palo Alto 200/500/2050 and Cisco ASA firewalls in order to protect credit card authorization servers and Nexcom's U.S. military DEERS database.
- Update group security rules and group device profiles in Panorama based on company needs and push out updated security rules and profiles to over 100 Palo Alto firewalls that protect our PCI Point of sales systems.
- Currently working on replacing existing Cisco ASAs that protect Point of Sales Systems with Palo Alto firewalls worldwide for the Navy Exchange.
- Coordinate and work with field technicians on installs of firewalls and other network security devices.
- Work closely with field technicians to troubleshoot down EchoSat SPG Secure Payment Gateway Point of sales devices at NEX gas stations.
- Troubleshoot Palo Alto Global Protect web VPN issues to allow Navy Exchange employees to work remotely.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Blue Coat forward and reverse proxies.
- Configure web filters on Blue Coat Proxy SG.
- Monitor network for high utilization of traffic.
- CYber security engineer Confidential
- Support all FDIC nationwide offices with cyber security incidents.
- Monitor for virus activity and respond to virus alerts on the FDIC network. Assist helpdesk technicians in analyzing and resolving virus infections. Coordinate the containment and recovery efforts in the event of a virus outbreak.
- Monitor network for unauthorized host, scanning activity, and software and respond accordingly.
- Investigate any unauthorized peer to peer activity and malware traffic.
- Respond to incidents with loss or breach of PII and sensitive information. Document and investigate incidents to ensure that FDIC data along with customer's PII is stored securely.
- Review security vulnerability notifications from US-CERT, Symantec, and other third parties. Issue relevant bulletins to the appropriate server and desktop teams. Track implementation of patches.
- Support Government/Federal contracts based on IT needs of the client.
- Provide Network support for the US Army Distributed Learning Project on Ft. Eustis in Newport News, VA.
- Assist Network Security Engineers with meeting Army's Network security compliance.
- Analyze Retina workstation scans for vulnerabilities, and apply needed patches and updates.
Network control technician
- Proactive monitoring of the NMCI Navy Marine Corps Intranet network to ensure optimal network performance using Netview and NetCool at the Norfolk Naval Base N.O.C.
- Resolve network security team incident tickets by tracing and disabling the unauthorized and malicious PCs from the NMCI network.
- Install and configure CISCO switches and routers in the NMCI server farm datacenter and other sites on the Norfolk Naval base.
- Console and telnet into routers and switches to verify, monitor, and troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues.
- Create and resolve remedy trouble tickets for down network devices and interfaces, along with documenting maintenance activities.
- Communicate between field engineers and NOC personal on network issues.
- Support seat rolls, and activate new network drops for new customers.
blended tech support
- Provided excellent technical support in a fast-paced call center environment for Cox High Speed Internet, Telephone, and Video customers.
- Ping and run tests on customer modems, tested signal levels to modems, checked settings on user's workstations for IP settings, tested for connectivity, and corrected IP address to allow connectivity to the Cox network. Troubleshoot slow connectivity problems and issues with web sites.
- Built rapport from helping customers install, troubleshoot, and understand Cox internet, video, and telephone products.
- Used Icons system to place upgrade orders, redirected trouble calls to telephone test desk, and scheduled field tech appointments to customer residence when necessary.