Active Directory Engineer / Windows 7 Migration Night shift lead
- Perform day to day Active Directory management of users, computers, and group policy in mixed Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 server environment of 400 sites and 6000 users.
- Support and managed up to 29 remote field technicians during 3rd shift migrations to Windows 7 across US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Work with multiple vendors, internal support teams, and business units to diagnose and resolve issues with hardware and software migrated to systems running Windows 7 x64.
Team Lead - Technical Support
- Managed a team of four technicians and multiple temporary contractors through several large deployment projects.
- Performed day to day support of Windows PC environment and Active Directory management of users, computers, and group policy.
- Tasked with Assemble / Rack / Unrack / Dispose of server equipment
- Responsible for basic Install / Move / Add / Change user requests on Avaya Definity IP phone switch and Audix voicemail.
- Assisted in testing and deploying group policies and software packages using SMS and Active Directory.
- Responsible for day to day management of tape backup using Veritas Netbackup and a 200-tape storage robot, including sending and receiving tapes from offsite disaster recovery provider.
- Managed purchasing, inventory, and tracking of PC-related hardware, as well as small parts orders.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and administration of a 35 user network, including helpdesk, break / fix, upgrade, development, and deployment tasks.
- Upgraded multi-server, multi-site network from NT 4 to Windows 2003 Active Directory.
- Expanded company network to include a new office in utilizing an IPSEC VPN tunnel, and multiple remote users using PPTP VPN.
- Migrated company e-mail from outsourced POP3 e-mail to Microsoft Exchange server 2003.
- Maintained, deployed, and performed daily backup of several database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, Oracle 8i, 9i, and 10x, and MySQL
- Migrated company through operating systems from Windows 98, through Windows 2000, to Windows XP, including all Service Pack and patch deployment.
- Tested, deployed, and maintained corporate anti-spam, anti-spyware, and anti-virus systems.
Senior Network Technician
- Administered, maintained, repaired, and installed systems to an existing 500 node Novell 5 WAN for a local school district. Responsibilities included: server upgrades and maintenance, interaction with vendors, workstation and file server security, data protection, and training of teachers, students, and administrative personnel on hardware, software, and procedures.
- Worked with other local business clients on an as-needed basis.
- Commanded the setup and administration of a 300-node network running Novell 4.11 over TCP/IP for a local school district. Responsibilities included: Internet connectivity, rights and security for all users, general and network-specific troubleshooting, repair and upgrade of all systems, and also assisted with physical cable installations in libraries and labs.
- Performed multiple hardware and software duties for many businesses in northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania, including desktop break/fix, printer maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, new system and network installations, cabling, and PC integration with industrial systems.
- Responsible for building, troubleshooting, and upgrading custom PC hardware and software.
- Shipping and receiving of parts to and from vendors, including RMA procedures.